Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Refs

Started by mizzouman, December 01, 2017, 07:52:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

I rarely, if ever, complain about refs because I know it's a tough job.  They miss a lot but usually over a the course of the game it evens out.  Refs rarely cause a team to lose.

This is not a complaint, but this quote was interesting.  I would like some clarification.

Mizzou played UCF and the big 7'6 Tacko Fall.  Cuonzo went to the refs and told them he thought Tacko was going over the back a handful of times during the game. 

The refs agreed but said they will not call a foul unless the defender who is boxing out jumps.  What?  I have NEVER heard of that.

Randohoggie

Quote from: mizzouman on December 01, 2017, 07:52:44 am
I rarely, if ever, complain about refs because I know it's a tough job.  They miss a lot but usually over a the course of the game it evens out.  Refs rarely cause a team to lose.

This is not a complaint, but this quote was interesting.  I would like some clarification.

Mizzou played UCF and the big 7'6 Tacko Fall.  Cuonzo went to the refs and told them he thought Tacko was going over the back a handful of times during the game. 

The refs agreed but said they will not call a foul unless the defender who is boxing out jumps.  What?  I have NEVER heard of that.

Are either Cuonzo or you aware that there is no such call as "over the back?"  Was he actually fouling them?  If he is just taller than them and they just stand there in front of him while he reaches up and over them for the rebound, it isn't a foul.

mizzouman

Quote from: Randohoggie on December 01, 2017, 09:12:27 am
Are either Cuonzo or you aware that there is no such call as "over the back?"  Was he actually fouling them?  If he is just taller than them and they just stand there in front of him while he reaches up and over them for the rebound, it isn't a foul.
No, Tacko had his hands/arms on the shoulders of the defender but refs said no foul unless the defender jumps. 

I just didn't know jumping was a criteria for this.