Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M offering Jimbo a 10 year contract..

Started by checkraiser88, November 30, 2017, 10:42:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HogPharmer

Let's not use A&M as a good example for anything. Do you remember their video they made when they joined the SEC?

Also, in 5 years from now, if they follow thru with this, let's see how happy they are paying a 25 million dollar buyout.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hog of steele

After five years a coach's buyout should be his record.

bkjbearcat

If you think BB was fat and happy you haven't seen anything if true. That contract means coach for life.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

jgphillips3

How about, instead, we give a coach a $20 million dollar buyout to start that is reduced by $1 million for every loss and increased by $1 million for every bowl win, $2 million for every SEC title game win, $3 million for a playoff win $10 million for a national title.  That IS a fair buyout.

HogPharmer

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 30, 2017, 10:53:13 pm
How about, instead, we give a coach a $20 million dollar buyout to start that is reduced by $1 million for every loss and increased by $1 million for every bowl win, $2 million for every SEC title game win, $3 million for a playoff win $10 million for a national title.  That IS a fair buyout.

I'm game
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

GoHogs1091

Jimbo better bring an overall different Coaching Staff with him than he has had at FSU.

The only 3 of his FSU Coaching Staff that is worth him bringing to A&M are Odell Haggins, Lawrence Dawsey, and Tim Brewster.

Hogindasticks

shotgun7

Only the Aggies would Pay a coach who is 7-5 $10.4 mil to not be the coach and then turn around and offer the sky and Monopoly money to a coach with a 5-6 record. Yea i know Jimbo has been better the past few years by far, but still he does play in the ACC, compared to the SEC West...

Arkansas Fan

The Hawg Marshal

Calling All Hogs

All the more reason to hope Jimbo sucks and starts out by beating Bielema's record for consecutive SEC losses!

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 30, 2017, 10:42:59 pm
We need to do the same with Gus

If Gus comes he will be harder to dislodge than Nutt was.  The up side is he's far less likely to be as stupid and petty.  He will be erratic from year to year but Arkansas fans will tolerate a down year now and then in exchange for a couple of good years.  That is different than Auburn where the pressure to keep even with Bama all the time is wearing.  Gus knows that well so my take is he will have the potential to be accepted in the long term unlike any other Arkansas coach except for Broyles himself.  Petrino had that potential as well but was torpedoed by his personal failings not his ability as a coach.

Pig in the Pokey

i think that was Ricky Williams deal with the Saints. Are you Master P, Mr Phillips?

Quote from: Hogwild on November 30, 2017, 11:03:59 pm
It should be bu A&M is A&M-

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/30/reports-am-prepared-to-offer-jimbo-fisher-10-year-deal-that-could-be-worth-75-million/

OMFG Aggie gonna Aggie!! I know Jimbo has a Natty , but so does Leslie and Cheeze....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 30, 2017, 11:25:46 pm
Is Jeff Long their AD now?
right?? What a dumb contract. I will say this, Aggie is instituting the nuclear option I suggested for Gruden. the Dumptruck of cash and security that is the 10 year 75 million dollar deal. THAT gets guys to walk from their current jobs.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HogPharmer

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on November 30, 2017, 10:43:47 pm
*Lifetime contract

Should probably go beyond that. Lifetime plus 6 yr deal postmortem.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

PIGskin Pride

Now that would be an effective incentive plan. 

HoggyCat

10 years is absurd. ESPECIALLY for faggie land.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

rzrbaxfan

If my math is right, Bret would have owed us $12 million on his way out.

Hog Waller

Some of these schools have lost there minds.  Nothing more would make me happier than to see A&M go down the toilet early in a 10 year contract.