Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Uniforms Mean...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, September 17, 2017, 08:27:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

We are definitely winning this game!  Every time Bielema comes back from a loss,  with a change in uniforms he wins.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

King Kong

If nothing else TX recruits will love it

hogcard1964

East Clintwood

I wish they'd put half as much effort into playing good football as they do in dressing to be  "fashionable".
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 17, 2017, 08:35:44 pm
I wish they'd put half as much effort into playing good football as they do in dressing to be  "fashionable".

At this point, I'll take any advantage I can.  Real or not.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

VirginiaHog

That is awesome. I will have to get one of those.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 17, 2017, 08:27:17 pm
We are definitely winning this game!  Every time Bielema comes back from a loss,  with a change in uniforms he wins.

Well, no.  Arkansas lost 35-28 in OT to A&M in 2014, after an open date as is the case this year they changed into the 1964 throwbacks in the next game against Alabama but lost 14-13.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on September 17, 2017, 09:04:29 pm
Well, no.  Arkansas lost 35-28 in OT to A&M in 2014, after an open date as is the case this year they changed into the 1964 throwbacks in the next game against Alabama but lost 14-13.

Yeah,  but we only lost by one point to Bama,  from a stupid missed extra point.  I consider that pretty darn good.  Even though we lost.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

WorfHog

Do you guys think the coaches design, produce and fit all the players for these uniforms? Jeff Long said an employee in the Athletic Department came up with the concept and worked with Nike and the Cowboys to get them made. I'd wage the coaching staff had almost zero input on these uniforms.

Which makes matters worse, because that means their attention was directed 100% on football.

It's all to honor Jerry's induction to the Hall of Fame, if he likes them I'm indifferent.

Westcoasthog

I played Jerry Jones on Comedy Central.  It was a great honor. 

Sweet Feet

Arkansas brought back the famous 64 unis at home, honoring the 64 title team, playing against the team they split the title with (Alabama with the AP/UPI title) and still lost...

BearsBisonsBoars

If it's the branding department thats gameplanning the games, that would explain a lot about the last year or so.

But it's not, and the coaches aren't picking out "fashion". So your point is kind of stupid.

Letsroll1200

Arkansas has everything to be a successful program off the field.

Murr

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 17, 2017, 08:30:49 pm
Dang, that's ugly.

1. Jerry loves it
2. Doesn't have tusks on shoulders
3. We need all the help we can get

The NewEra

How I wish they would make those 1964 throw back uniforms our primary style.  I'm fine with the one-off's, but those throw-backs are head and shoulders above anything I've seen over the years.