Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Calls: Razorbacks' Ragnow sizes up well

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, April 04, 2016, 05:54:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Nate Allen on Ragnow taking over the #1 spot at Center.

Ragnow, 6-5, looks long and lean at 315.

"When we do offseason conditioning, he runs with the wideouts and DBs and doesn't look out [out] of place other than he weighs 315," Bielema said. "As far as speed, tempo, durability work he's very, very gifted."

Because while last year Smothers snapped every significant snap, starting right guard Ragnow took practice backup center reps, too. Ragnow started this spring not just ready to start at center but excel at center, Bielema said.

"I'm not shocked," Bielema said. "I knew it was going to be this way.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/apr/04/razorbacks-ragnow-sizes-up-well-2016040/
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Warning.  Nate Allen article.  Do not attempt to read before coffee.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DeltaBoy

Glad to hear the big man working out at Center.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Iwastherein1969

Ragnow will be able to pull. Bielema loves a center who has the footwork and athletic ability to get the snap off correctly and still pull and get in front of the running back on sweeps and screens. A luxury we haven't had since Travis Swanson. Why does Bielema like a pulling center ? The answer is easy, usually the defense puts a large stalwart nose guard right on the center who is tough to run straight away against, but the nose guard usually doesn't have the ability to go from side to side very well. An athletic pulling center can give the offense a huge advantage on slower developing plays to the outside. Ragnow gives us this advantage.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

elksnort

Big linemen are necessary. Big lineman who can move well are a bonus.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 04, 2016, 12:43:34 pm
Ragnow will be able to pull. Bielema loves a center who has the footwork and athletic ability to get the snap off correctly and still pull and get in front of the running back on sweeps and screens. A luxury we haven't had since Travis Swanson. Why does Bielema like a pulling center ? The answer is easy, usually the defense puts a large stalwart nose guard right on the center who is tough to run straight away against, but the nose guard usually doesn't have the ability to go from side to side very well. An athletic pulling center can give the offense a huge advantage on slower developing plays to the outside. Ragnow gives us this advantage.

Yes it works great.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

razorbackkid

It's bound to be a very interesting year for the Hogs.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HamSammich

The funny thing is how much attention all of our other linemen have gotten. All this time Ragnow might be the best of the lot and the highest drafted hog in a long time.

I didn't realize he is up to 315. He carries it extremely well.

FANONTHEHILL

They all seem to size up pretty well.
Kneeling (L to R):
Wallace, Froholdt, Ragnow
Standing (L to R) Harvey, Malone, Skipper, Jackson, Rogers, Merrick, Hannah, Gibson, Sone

Tallest: Skipper at 6'10"
Shortest: Rogers at 6'1"
Heaviest: Harvey at 330
Lightest: Sone at 280

Most importantly, Coach Herbert has 4 months until fall camp to turn them into whatever Coach Anderson and Coach Enos want them to be.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 04, 2016, 04:49:48 pm
They all seem to size up pretty well.
Kneeling (L to R):
Wallace, Froholdt, Ragnow
Standing (L to R) Harvey, Malone, Skipper, Jackson, Rogers, Merrick, Hannah, Gibson, Sone

Tallest: Skipper at 6'10"
Shortest: Rogers at 6'1"
Heaviest: Harvey at 330
Lightest: Sone at 280

Most importantly, Coach Herbert has 4 months until fall camp to turn them into whatever Coach Anderson and Coach Enos want them to be.

Average across the board, 6-4, 309.6 lbs. Returning two deep, 6-5, 322.
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HamSammich on April 04, 2016, 03:56:35 pm
The funny thing is how much attention all of our other linemen have gotten. All this time Ragnow might be the best of the lot and the highest drafted hog in a long time.

I didn't realize he is up to 315. He carries it extremely well.

CBB said he wished his 315 looked as good.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

FANONTHEHILL

Frank is the strongest of all the olineman.  Was the same with the guys who moved on after last season.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

DeltaBoy

Once they gel it should be a dominate O line.