Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrimmage today

Started by ricepig, April 02, 2016, 01:01:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on April 04, 2016, 02:20:04 pm
That is completely untrue. You can certainly have a poor opinion of someone without hating them.

For example, I have a poor opinion of Obama,but I don't hate the man. Don't even know him.

Perhaps you are confusing making hateful sounding remarks with hating someone?

No you are confusing hatin with hating someone.  Someone that doesn't agree with my choice of popped collar polo and upside visor is hatin'.  They don't hate me.  So I'm calling out the rafe peavey haters.  I'm sorry English is complex and then you add slang and its nearly impossible.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 04, 2016, 02:38:07 pm
No you are confusing hatin with hating someone.  Some, eone that doesn't agree with my choice of popped collar polo and upside visor is hatin'.  They don't hate me.  So I'm calling out the rafe peavey haters.  I'm sorry English is complex and then you add slang and its nearly impossible.

True, I do speak proper English, where words have meanings, and thus I will bow out of this conversation.

ricepig

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on April 04, 2016, 02:40:20 pm
True, I do speak proper English, where words have meanings, and thus I will bow out of this conversation.

Hater.....

DeltaBoy

Looking good so far.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on April 04, 2016, 02:41:41 pm
Hater.....

Hoggy isn't a hater. He is hatin our intellilect and command of the English language.

And I'm hatin he thinks we are too dumb to see his back handed slap.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

rzrbackramsfan

Hoggy probably uses slang all the time just ain't have heard of hatin yet.

jgphillips3

Unless a QB is a once in a generation freak, it is going to take them 1.5 to 2 years to learn and execute a pro style offense at the college level.  Most freshmen QB's who tear it up are redshirt freshmen with extreme talent.  As of today, only AA and Rafe are likely to have more or less full mastery of the offense but Storey is probably close.  Town may be getting there by time for bowl practice if he puts in the extra work away from practice.  Storey should at least stick through the season to see if he can overtake Rafe in the fall unless Town is so good he can't see beating him out down the road.

blu

Austin will start, and be better as a Jr than BA was as a Jr, and better as a Sr than BA was as a Sr. That is the only prediction I am willing to make. If we get that, we'll continue the forward movement we are seeing in the program.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 04, 2016, 04:59:06 pm
Unless a QB is a once in a generation freak, it is going to take them 1.5 to 2 years to learn and execute a pro style offense at the college level.  Most freshmen QB's who tear it up are redshirt freshmen with extreme talent.  As of today, only AA and Rafe are likely to have more or less full mastery of the offense but Storey is probably close.  Town may be getting there by time for bowl practice if he puts in the extra work away from practice.  Storey should at least stick through the season to see if he can overtake Rafe in the fall unless Town is so good he can't see beating him out down the road.
You make an excellent point. With rare exception, starting QBs or Offensive Lineman as freshman or sophomores is more of a sign of weakness than a strength.  Get them in the program and develop them.  That's the direction we're headed and it's a good thing.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 04, 2016, 04:18:03 pm
Hoggy probably uses slang all the time just ain't have heard of hatin yet.

I'm just a peckerwood from the hills who owns too many guns

nwahogfan1

Quote from: blu on April 04, 2016, 09:34:24 pm
Austin will start, and be better as a Jr than BA was as a Jr, and better as a Sr than BA was as a Sr. That is the only prediction I am willing to make. If we get that, we'll continue the forward movement we are seeing in the program.

Hope you are right but until we know how good our OL is going to be protecting him I would not want to put any money on that prediction if I was you.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 05, 2016, 12:33:56 pm
Hope you are right but until we know how good our OL is going to be protecting him I would not want to put any money on that prediction if I was you.

If it does get bad then let's hope he can take a hit like his brother. I will never ever forget BA's freshman game against Bama. Reminded me of the Rocky movie where Creed is getting beat by the Russian. His trainer is screaming "Throw in the towel!"

That young man took some painful hits that day.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Pork Twain

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 04, 2016, 02:04:44 pm
I don't recall people trying shove a back up down our throat while Brandon was doing greasy but I also don't recall Brandon doing great for a two year period.
My two thoughts combined in that first sentence.  I did not mean he was great for two years.

Obviously there was a lot of assumptions made on here that a backup was the better qb than the starter, even though the coaches disagreed.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/