Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrimmage today

Started by ricepig, April 02, 2016, 01:01:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Steef

Very glad to hear Evans and Day mentioned at all. It's been too long for those guys.

Thanks.

TDHawgs

Ramsey is the real deal, so glad he's turned things around. If I remember correctly, didn't he have a big pick in the Liberty Bowl?

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 02, 2016, 01:06:12 pm
Ramsey is the real deal, so glad he's turned things around. If I remember correctly, didn't he have a big pick in the Liberty Bowl?

Ramsey wasn't on the team for the Liberty Bowl, Pulley had a pick at the end of the game.

ricepig

secneahog

Anybody post a link of the BB press conference for mobile users? 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Denzell Evans,  never gave up on him. BB is known to have those rbs who shine after being there a cpl years. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Rafe Peavey........uh ohhhhh.

hoglady

Quote from: Steef on April 02, 2016, 01:03:35 pm
Very glad to hear Evans and Day mentioned at all. It's been too long for those guys.

Thanks.

Me, too.
Hope to see both breakout and have good season's this year.
I wonder if we've shown any interest in Day's younger brother - he had some good numbers last year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on April 02, 2016, 02:16:56 pm
Me, too.
Hope to see both breakout and have good season's this year.
I wonder if we've shown any interest in Day's younger brother - he had some good numbers last year.

Interest, in Alex, a little, but he's pretty far down our wish list at the moment.

secneahog

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on April 02, 2016, 02:23:13 pm
Might be a silly question, but who is the big guy (#3) ?     Sosa?

Yep

rzrbackramsfan

factchecker

https://twitter.com/DavidBazzel/status/716330194307457026

Left to Right:   Bijhon Jackson,  Daytrieon Dean,  McTelvin "Sosa" Agim
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on April 02, 2016, 02:16:18 pm
Rafe Peavey........uh ohhhhh.

I'm not sure why you would say this? May the best QB be named the starter. I don't care who it is and really, none of us should.
Go Hogs Go!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Smokehouse

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 02, 2016, 03:03:43 pm
I'm not sure why you would say this? May the best QB be named the starter. I don't care who it is and really, none of us should.

I just assumed he was taking a dig at all the "Rafe Peavey will never play a down at Arkansas" types on the board.

This QB competition is going to be a lot of fun, but I'm not looking forward to all the butthurt around here from people who pick a favorite and convince themselves that CBB is an idiot if he doesn't pick their guy.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

DiamondHogFan

1. Allen RS-Jr
2. Peavey RS-So
3a. Storey RS-Fr
3b. Town RS-Fr

That's how it should look at this point, right?  All 4 are very talented.  Experience goes a long way, especially is spring ball.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Smokehouse on April 02, 2016, 03:38:20 pm
I just assumed he was taking a dig at all the "Rafe Peavey will never play a down at Arkansas" types on the board.

This QB competition is going to be a lot of fun, but I'm not looking forward to all the butthurt around here from people who pick a favorite and convince themselves that CBB is an idiot if he doesn't pick their guy.

I honestly don't care who it is. I just want the guy who can execute our offense at the highest level and doesn't wilt in pressure situations.

That could be AA with a more laid-back attitude, the kind of guy who dismisses a mistake and comes back to make a big play the next time around.

Or it could be Peavey who reportedly has the best arm so far of all four and the legs to make plays when passing breaks down.

Maybe it is Storey who according to Enos seems to thrive on the game environment when a play needs to be made.

Or it may even wind up being Town who is supposed to have a big time arm and the size to see over the O-Line and reportedly is a film-addict.

The good news is that we have a lot of great options to pick from. I just wish that we had a guy who has had about 10-12 games of significant experience (non-starting) heading into this season. I would feel better then but given that we don't have that, I like the options that we have.
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Smokehouse on April 02, 2016, 03:38:20 pm

This.
Some have fallen in love with Rafe because of his athletic abilities.
Some have fallen in love with Town because he played in a glamorous division in high school, he's from California, or he was on scholarship to the prestigious USC.....Take your pick.

I don't figure anyone really knows how these guys perform, how much time they've spent on their craft, or how much IQ/savvy/gamesmanship they have.

They certainly haven't been on display in games, yet here the fanboys come running.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on April 02, 2016, 02:20:14 pm
Interest, in Alex, a little, but he's pretty far down our wish list at the moment.

thanks
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rzrbackramsfan

So I'm a fan of rafe the most,being from Springfield and knowing how he was all hog and his demeanor so far, but do want to see the best qb get the job first and foremost.  That being said, there were a lot of people really really hating on rafe, so it's nice to hear that the haters were wrong.

TheRazorback500

Good to see Merrick mentioned at guard. Looks like he's pulling ahead of Gibson. We seem to be developing OL depth.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on April 02, 2016, 04:16:31 pm
Good to see Merrick mentioned at guard. Looks like he's pulling ahead of Gibson. We seem to be developing OL depth.

:razorback:

I sure hope so.
Also, if Merrick wins the starting position, we potentially have him for four years.

That doesn't make me upset.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 02, 2016, 03:59:27 pm
So I'm a fan of rafe the most,being from Springfield and knowing how he was all hog and his demeanor so far, but do want to see the best qb get the job first and foremost.  That being said, there were a lot of people really really hating on rafe, so it's nice to hear that the haters were wrong.

I'm not sure why anyone would "hate" on Rafe Peavey or any other QB that we have? Also, I am not sure that I have seen anyone "hate" on any QB that we have, though they may have opinions about who they think are the better of the four.

Let's keep in mind that merely having an opinion of who someone thinks is better than another doesn't necessarily translate to "hate" for everyone else. It also doesn't mean that their opinion is solid or accurate.

The term "hate" is overused and overstated and should be avoided.
Go Hogs Go!

Pigasaurus

I can feel it building.  Feels like the 1990 basketball season.  You can smell it!  Whoo Pig!
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

kodiakisland

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 02, 2016, 03:59:27 pm

I'm a fan of the Razorbacks.  I don't care who is QB as long as he is the best we have.  Doesn't matter to me where he came from or what he did in HS.  Also, I really doubt many fans are hating on a guy who has never played a down.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

rzrbackramsfan

People on here were saying that he had bad throwing form, would get passed up and transfer.  Maybe they're right, but it's "hatin" in my opinion.  And you can't say they're not hatin, they're just saying their opinion because that's what hatin is, a slanted opinion.

Anyways, I'm with you all I want the best qb out there. I did like to to finally hear BB acknowledge that RP can make plays with his feet though.  That is new.

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 02, 2016, 05:36:13 pm
People on here were saying that he had bad throwing form, would get passed up and transfer.  Maybe they're right, but it's "hatin" in my opinion.  And you can't say they're not hatin, they're just saying their opinion because that's what hatin is, a slanted opinion.

Anyways, I'm with you all I want the best qb out there. I did like to to finally hear BB acknowledge that RP can make plays with his feet though.  That is new.

Lol, so everyone with a different opinion is hatin.......

bville_hog

I think people mean that BB giving positive feedback for Rafe is basically the first time we have hear that.  I would say it is significant.

Smokehouse

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 02, 2016, 03:49:02 pm
I honestly don't care who it is.

I don't either. Having a bunch of talented guys competing for the spot means whoever comes out ahead by next fall has both talent and the moxie to beat out other capable options.

I do hope that when someone gets pushed out (and barring an injury or Austin winning the job and going so ridiculously gangbusters that he declares for the draft after just one year, one or two are likely transferring) they land somewhere and earn playing time there. They all seem like high character guys.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Definitions of hate on Hogville:  1.  If your opinion is different than mine.  2.  Anytime you choose any player over another player.  3.  If you don't slurp the coaches rear.  4.  If you do slurp the coaches rear.  This is a full service website here.  We can find hate anywhere you want it.

Smokehouse

Quote from: ricepig on April 02, 2016, 05:51:41 pm
Lol, so everyone with a different opinion is hatin.......

I have seen some people who seem really intense in their opinion that Rafe isn't cut out to be the QB of the Hogs. Whatever detractors the other QBs have aren't nearly as adamant about it, for whatever reason.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: 12247 on April 02, 2016, 06:09:37 pm
Definitions of hate on Hogville:  1.  If your opinion is different than mine.  2.  Anytime you choose any player over another player.  3.  If you don't slurp the coaches rear.  4.  If you do slurp the coaches rear.  This is a full service website here.  We can find hate anywhere you want it.

This hate-filled post makes me hate you.
His response to me:

daBoar

Quote from: bville_hog on April 02, 2016, 06:02:58 pm
I think people mean that BB giving positive feedback for Rafe is basically the first time we have hear that.  I would say it is significant.
I think it's significant too.  Before today, it was just AA and then all the rest. I like the thought of Rafe being behind center, potentially giving the Hogs an extra running option.  On the other hand, this is AA's second go-round with Enos; I suspect that's huge.

ricepig

Quote from: Smokehouse on April 02, 2016, 06:12:28 pm
I have seen some people who seem really intense in their opinion that Rafe isn't cut out to be the QB of the Hogs. Whatever detractors the other QBs have aren't nearly as adamant about it, for whatever reason.

It's close to the same for all of them. I have questions about all off them, haha, but I don't see them like the coaches do. I think experience at QB is important to Bielema, all things being equal.

The_Bionic_Pig

Allen & Peavy are far and away going to get 90% of the reps this fall.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Deep Shoat

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 02, 2016, 05:36:13 pm

If he's come on strongly enough to get that kind of mention, it's at least in part because he has become more consistent in his delivery.  He came here with a long release and never delivered the ball from the same angle twice.

I am thrilled to hear he has come on and is practicing well.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 02, 2016, 05:16:08 pm
I'm not sure why anyone would "hate" on Rafe Peavey or any other QB that we have? Also, I am not sure that I have seen anyone "hate" on any QB that we have, though they may have opinions about who they think are the better of the four.

Let's keep in mind that merely having an opinion of who someone thinks is better than another doesn't necessarily translate to "hate" for everyone else. It also doesn't mean that their opinion is solid or accurate.

The term "hate" is overused and overstated and should be avoided.

I'll use this the next time my wife says I hate my mother-in-law. "Dear, I don't hate her. I just have an opinion of her."

I'll let you know how that conversation goes.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Anyone know why just 61 plays.  Did we run out of time on the 2 hour limit or is there a 2 hour limit on weekends.  Just seems like a short practice when so many players need to be seen.

Peter Porker

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 02, 2016, 06:26:22 pm
Allen & Peavy are far and away going to get 90% of the reps this fall.

So will Peavey.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 02, 2016, 06:32:25 pm
I'll use this the next time my wife says I hate my mother-in-law. "Dear, I don't hate her. I just have an opinion of her."

I'll let you know how that conversation goes.  ;D

When your Mother-In-Law competes for the starting QB position at Arkansas, that may be applicable. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 12247 on April 02, 2016, 06:43:11 pm
Anyone know why just 61 plays.  Did we run out of time on the 2 hour limit or is there a 2 hour limit on weekends.  Just seems like a short practice when so many players need to be seen.
Probably because it is the third practice of the spring?  They wanted to focus on the run game today to assess the OL and D front 7. 
All Gas, No Brakes!