Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Build your own conference

Started by Hawghiggs, April 01, 2016, 08:20:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Murr

Quote from: BigDrDon on April 04, 2016, 10:22:37 am
Oregon, hawwai. usc, Syracuse, Miami, Wisconsin,north Dakota state, delaware ,southern new Hampshire,tulane and boise state.
I like it just for the Fighting blue hens

Murr

Oklahoma
Arkansas
Texas A&M
LSU
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Auburn
Alabama

Florida State
Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
Missouri

DeltaBoy

Quote from: factchecker on April 01, 2016, 08:36:03 pm
SEC Plus

NW Quad
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Missouri

SW Quad
AnM
LSU
Ole Miss
Miss State

NE Quad
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
South Carolina

SE Quad
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia

Keep both east and west division- winner of each division plays in SEC championship

9 conference game schedule-

A. 3 permanent: (intraquad), 6 rotating 2 from every other quad every two years (play a home and an away) -or-

B. 6 permanent: 3 intraquad and 4 vs. crossquad (SW for us) and 2 rotating vs. east division (1 north and 1 south quad)

I think 'B' works better to decide a true east and west division champion.

*if you don't want Oklahoma or Ok State in the conference you can sub in Kansas and Kansas State.

Cool idea.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

redleg

Quote from: Hawghiggs on April 01, 2016, 08:20:18 pm
http://interactives.dallasnews.com/2016/realignment/   Have fun.

New Southwest Conference

1, Arkansas
2, Baylor
3, LSU
4, New Mexico
5, Oklahoma
6, Oklahoma state
7, TCU
8, Texas
9, Texas A&M
10,Texas Tech

I added New Mexico for three reasons. 1st, It balances the conference with 5 texas and 5 non-texas programs. 2nd, All the states surround the state of Texas. 3rd, It gives the conference a more southwest feel.
There is no way New Mexico would ever be in a new SWC. It's all about money, and New Mexico is not a major TV market.
Taking into account that 1. Arkansas would be thrown into this hot mess for no other reason than nostalgia, and 2. No other SEC team would be insane enough to leave the SEC (or any other Big Five conference), my "New SWC" would be:
Arkansas
Texas
TCU
SMU
Houston
Rice
Texas Tech
Baylor
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Kansas
Kansas St
Iowa St
Tulsa
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: factchecker on April 01, 2016, 08:36:03 pm
SEC Plus

NW Quad
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Missouri

SW Quad
AnM
LSU
Ole Miss
Miss State

NE Quad
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Kentucky
South Carolina

SE Quad
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia

Keep both east and west division- winner of each division plays in SEC championship

9 conference game schedule-

A. 3 permanent: (intraquad), 6 rotating 2 from every other quad every two years (play a home and an away) -or-

B. 6 permanent: 3 intraquad and 4 vs. crossquad (SW for us) and 2 rotating vs. east division (1 north and 1 south quad)

I think 'B' works better to decide a true east and west division champion.

*if you don't want Oklahoma or Ok State in the conference you can sub in Kansas and Kansas State.

The NE is Really weak  & The SE is Really Strong. I like it though
SOOIE

DLUXHOG

Quote from: afhogfan1980 on April 02, 2016, 06:08:20 pm
ever been to Lubbock it's southwest

Okay, then that's two out of the ten....most are in the Midwest...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hawghiggs on April 02, 2016, 04:09:22 pm
Say what you want about me. But at least I'm consistent.  It also helps that Taos is one of my favorite places to go and the people are great.
I love Taos, and NM in general.  fans would love away games because they would get to eat green chili
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: afhogfan1980 on April 02, 2016, 06:08:20 pm
ever been to Lubbock it's southwest
Texas to Arizona is the the SW.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: LZH on April 02, 2016, 04:32:25 am
Keep the SEC as it is, and add:
Clemson and Florida State

Other than Alabama, LSU, and Georgia, the rest of the SEC should want no part of Clemson and Florida State.

Besides those 3 SEC programs, the rest of the SEC does not consistently recruit at the elite level that Clemson and Florida State does.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: redleg on April 04, 2016, 12:22:04 pm
There is no way New Mexico would ever be in a new SWC. It's all about money, and New Mexico is not a major TV market.
Taking into account that 1. Arkansas would be thrown into this hot mess for no other reason than nostalgia, and 2. No other SEC team would be insane enough to leave the SEC (or any other Big Five conference), my "New SWC" would be:
Arkansas
Texas
TCU
SMU
Houston
Rice
Texas Tech
Baylor
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Kansas
Kansas St
Iowa St
Tulsa
:razorback:
You come at me about media markets and then you add Tulsa? At least New Mexico would bring something else to the table.

HamSammich

Screw it if you guys want to stack a conference so everyone is screwed except one lucky team next year... lets do it.

1) Arkansas
2) Texas
3) OU
4) Notre Dame
5) Alabama
6) Florida State
7) LSU
8) Florida
9) Oregon
10) USC the good one
11) Baylor
12) Buffalo Bills

Bring it.

Im down.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HamSammich on April 04, 2016, 09:17:00 pm
Screw it if you guys want to stack a conference so everyone is screwed except one lucky team next year... lets do it.

1) Arkansas
2) Texas
3) OU
4) Notre Dame
5) Alabama
6) Florida State
7) LSU
8) Florida
9) Oregon
10) USC the good one
11) Baylor
12) Buffalo Bills

Bring it.

Im down.

I see you want arkansas to have a cupcake schedule

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 02, 2016, 06:24:52 pm
Oh I don't know, if a person wants a return to a feel of somewhat once was, I wouldn't mind seeing a 12 team conference with two 6 team divisions that included:

Arkansas
Baylor
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
TCU
Tulsa
Houston
Rice
SMU
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

But we all know that will never happen. Lower travel expense for all teams. More of a regional feel to the conference. Smaller teams benefit by being a part of a conference involving bigger name brand schools. A semi-reorganization of the old SWC with three additions. It would ruin recruiting for us to some degree in Texas, or would it?

I like our current arrangement but it does make it more difficult for us to make it to a CCG and the Play Offs.

I'd rather be a little fish n a big pond.. the games are more fun and intense, you win the west and you can play for it all..jimo.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 04, 2016, 01:50:30 pm
Texas to Arizona is the the SW

U need some glasses, bub.... Texass is Mid-south........ smack dab in the middle of the continental USA..... its middle I tell ya..
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PorkSoda

Quote from: DLUXHOG on April 04, 2016, 11:33:19 pm
U need some glasses, bub.... Texass is Mid-south........ smack dab in the middle of the continental USA..... its middle I tell ya..

it sure aint south east, and there is a lot of south west culture out there.  not to mention anything west of pennsylvania was considered the 'Wild West' at one point.

Nevada, Utah, coloroda, and to some extent california also have a lot of SW culture.

wildturkey8

Quote from: regi on April 02, 2016, 06:12:33 pm
The Mid-South Conference, like 1980's wrestling. No Yankees allowed, Sorry Mizzou

East: Bryant/Saban/Neyland Division
Bama
Au
Cheating Black Bears
State
Tennessee
Memphis
Vandy

West: Broyles/Royal/Switzer division

Arkansas
OU
OSU
Texas
A&M
Baylor
LSU
This is my favorite, just for the names of the divisons.

LordStanleysHog

With an emphasis on a balance of football and basketball and also similarities in fan base participation and fervor: (but I have no idea what to call it)

North Carolina
Duke
Virginia Tech
Louisville
Florida
Georgia
Clemson
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Ole Miss
Arkansas