Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema on satellite camps

Started by ricepig, March 31, 2016, 07:26:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

"If these satellite camps go through, I've been in discussion with two Big Ten teams. I've been in discussion with teams in Florida and Texas, as well as the Cowboys," Bielema said. "If this thing goes through, we're going to do an exclusive camp right there with the Cowboys unique to us that no one else in the SEC will be able to do. That's going to be a huge advantage.

"I'm talking about going east with a Big Ten team I've got a relationship with. If that pans out, some really good things could open the door."

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Bret-Bielema-is-preparing-to-work-satellite-camps-with-Big-Ten-teams-if-SEC-ban-is-lifted

20hog11

Well then let's hope the sec and or ncaa allow it! Seems like it can only help us. Let's find a buddy in the west coast and infiltrate California too.

ricepig

Quote from: 20hog11 on March 31, 2016, 07:42:34 pm
Well then let's hope the sec and or ncaa allow it! Seems like it can only help us. Let's find a buddy in the west coast and infiltrate California too.

We've put out several California offers this spring, I don't know if they'll amount to any thing, but they're trying.

ThisTeetsTaken

CBB is always selling. Always marketing his product.  He'd be successful in almost any line of work.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on March 31, 2016, 07:26:18 pm
"If these satellite camps go through, I've been in discussion with two Big Ten teams. I've been in discussion with teams in Florida and Texas, as well as the Cowboys," Bielema said. "If this thing goes through, we're going to do an exclusive camp right there with the Cowboys unique to us that no one else in the SEC will be able to do. That's going to be a huge advantage.

"I'm talking about going east with a Big Ten team I've got a relationship with. If that pans out, some really good things could open the door."

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Bret-Bielema-is-preparing-to-work-satellite-camps-with-Big-Ten-teams-if-SEC-ban-is-lifted

Think that Big 10 team is Rutgers since Ash is there now?

20hog11

Quote from: clutch on March 31, 2016, 07:59:38 pm

That was my first thought. The Jerry Jones connection might finally pay off in recruiting as well. I bet the ncaa will say that violates some sort of rule though.

Sivad

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 31, 2016, 07:50:19 pm
CBB is always selling. Always marketing his product.  He'd be successful in almost any line of work.
You have to hand it to him.
He's quite the creative planner and detail man. A real asset to our program.

lahawg1

Now that this has become public I wonder if the NCAA or SEC will put some guidelines in that would prohibit any involvement with a NFL team/facility?

I think it's a fantastic idea but maybe should have been a little closer to the vest on this one.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: clutch on March 31, 2016, 07:59:38 pm
My guess would be Michigan St.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on March 31, 2016, 08:28:43 pm
IIRC, Beliema had lunch with Dantonio sometime recently.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on March 31, 2016, 08:50:00 pm
IIRC, Beliema had lunch with Dantonio sometime recently.

That was just some twitter fun at Harbaugh's expense.  :razorback:

Hawgar The Horrible

In a nutshell, the SEC said they will only allow it if the NCAA allows it. Further evidence the SEC is protecting the upper crust within the conference.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

LRrazorback

When is a decision to be made?  Schedule it for this summer since no decision has been made. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Almost sounds as though he and Kingsbury have made a deal . . . Nah

younghog

Quote from: ricepig on March 31, 2016, 07:26:18 pm
“If these satellite camps go through, I’ve been in discussion with two Big Ten teams. I’ve been in discussion with teams in Florida and Texas, as well as the Cowboys,” Bielema said. “If this thing goes through, we’re going to do an exclusive camp right there with the Cowboys unique to us that no one else in the SEC will be able to do. That’s going to be a huge advantage.

“I’m talking about going east with a Big Ten team I’ve got a relationship with. If that pans out, some really good things could open the door.”

I love it.. As he continues to SET Arkansas a part from others and closer to the top of the line of Top Tier SEC Football

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Phil D

definitely would be interesting :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

greenEGnHAWGS

Any chance the east team could be Clemson, since he just hooked up with Dabo?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Arthur pigby sellers.

Man I can just imagine the Hogs having camps at the Cowboy facilities.  Instant cred in Texas

ricepig

Quote from: LRrazorback on March 31, 2016, 09:13:55 pm
When is a decision to be made?  Schedule it for this summer since no decision has been made. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Voting in April.

The_Hog_Father

ricepig

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on March 31, 2016, 09:48:45 pm
Thanks RP.  :razorback:

"Each football playing conference will vote on the proposals in April meetings, and it would a take two-thirds vote for them to formally pass and become the law of the land on the recruiting trail."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post/_/id/74611/new-ncaa-proposal-could-bring-end-to-satellite-camps

Hawghiggs

I like the idea about Cowboy stadium.

TheRazorback500

That's coach B, ahead of the game again. I like it.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on March 31, 2016, 10:12:15 pm
That's coach B, ahead of the game again. I like it.

:razorback:

Now if he'd only been a LITTLE further ahead, we'd be like Michigan and laughing while everyone complains.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

ricepig

Quote from: Fatty McGee on April 01, 2016, 06:02:16 pm
Now if he'd only been a LITTLE further ahead, we'd be like Michigan and laughing while everyone complains.

Considering it's against our current SEC regulations, it would be hard to be ahead.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2016, 06:05:44 pm
Considering it's against our current SEC regulations, it would be hard to be ahead.

Fortune favors the bold!

clutch

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on March 31, 2016, 08:28:43 pm

I just assumed Rutgers because he said something about going east.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: clutch on April 01, 2016, 06:50:10 pm
I just assumed Rutgers because he said something about going east.
That doesn't mean it will be held at a college campus though.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

HamSammich

April 01, 2016, 07:28:02 pm #29 Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:39:24 pm by HamSammich
smokescreen

Pitt

lock

reason is that I've read several times that Narduzzi and CBB have a good relationship.

ricepig

HamSammich

Quote from: Hawghiggs on March 31, 2016, 10:01:33 pm
I like the idea about Cowboy stadium.

That would be the most epic of epic recruiting camps ever.

Incredible Idea... seriously someone should email both parties office the idea.

ricepig

Quote from: HamSammich on April 01, 2016, 07:37:12 pm

You do realize that Bielema said it was going to happen if the proposal to ban off campus camps fails? Did you listen to the podcast?

HamSammich

no, I will never listen to a podcast....

my time is too valuable.

But thanks for the heads up.

ricepig

Quote from: HamSammich on April 01, 2016, 07:59:06 pm

my time is too valuable.

Well, you could listen while you were typing that, but I understand the mission to Pluto and all.....

Smokehouse

Quote from: HamSammich on April 01, 2016, 07:59:06 pm

my time is too valuable.

But thanks for the heads up.

too valuable for a podcast with Hog info, but not too valuable for a message board with Hog info. Adds up.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2016, 08:02:32 pm
Well, you could listen while you were typing that, but I understand the mission to Pluto and all.....

That made me chuckle.

PorkRinds

I honestly feel like this could have been coach B exaggerating to cause more pressure for the folks voting to ban them next week. If he wanted to get the rule voted up, he releases a statement like this taking about taking it to the extreme at Cowboys stadium. Makes people take notice and possibly mobilize them to vote for the proposal to block it from happening.  That said he prolly wouldn't be heartbroken to actually have a camp at the stadium so I could be off base with my guess.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 01, 2016, 11:18:20 pm
I honestly feel like this could have been coach B exaggerating to cause more pressure for the folks voting to ban them next week. If he wanted to get the rule voted up, he releases a statement like this taking about taking it to the extreme at Cowboys stadium. Makes people take notice and possibly mobilize them to vote for the proposal to block it from happening.  That said he prolly wouldn't be heartbroken to actually have a camp at the stadium so I could be off base with my guess.
was my first thought but it doesnt make much sense. He wants the camps, I would think. It would help teams in poor recruiting areas.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2016, 07:48:14 pm
You do realize that Bielema said it was going to happen if the proposal to ban off campus camps fails? Did you listen to the podcast?

Or even read the very first post in the thread he posted in.

GrizzlyRider07

Excuse my ignorance guys, but what exactly is a satellite camp. How's that work?
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on April 02, 2016, 12:16:09 am
Excuse my ignorance guys, but what exactly is a satellite camp. How's that work?

Here is an article from 2015 that may help Griz... "Satellite camps simply allow college coaches to travel long distances to work as guests at camps hosted by other institutions. For instance, Penn State coaches last year were invited to attend camps at Stetson and Georgia State as instructors. Michigan is making stops this year at high schools and small colleges in the South, California and Detroit."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/110369/what-you-need-to-know-about-satellite-camps

Hope that helps Griz.

hoghiker

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on April 02, 2016, 12:16:09 am
It's a Pluto thing. Not a planet but still a satellite. Apparently there is a mission in the works already.

hobhog

Quote from: HamSammich on April 01, 2016, 07:37:12 pm

Bama will never allow it.....

Tyro3

Quote from: hobhog on April 02, 2016, 01:32:23 pm
Bama will never allow it.....

Harbaugh already has one planned in the state of Alabama.