Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sporting News list of Top 5 each position for NFL Draft SIAP

Started by monty hawg, March 31, 2016, 12:08:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

Pretty cool that there's two Hogs and an Arkansas native among the running backs.

Cinco de Hogo

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: monty hawg on March 31, 2016, 12:08:15 pm
They agree with Coach B on running back

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4700389-nfl-draft-2016-position-rankings-quartebacks-receivers-lynch-elliott-treadwell

This article is pure baloney!!

Are we supposed to take this guy's opinions seriously when he leaves out THE GREATEST RUNNING BACK EVER TO PLAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD -- KENNETH DIXON???
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jjdlc

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 31, 2016, 01:03:10 pm
This article is pure baloney!!

Are we supposed to take this guy's opinions seriously when he leaves out THE GREATEST RUNNING BACK EVER TO PLAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD -- KENNETH DIXON???

Ummm, Dixon is #4 on his RB list, right behind Collins.  However, I do have issue with his summary of the tight ends.  He makes the statement that even though he lists Henry as #1,  Higbee is arguably better.  I just don't see how anyone could draw that conclusion based on the conferences they both played in.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jjdlc on March 31, 2016, 01:32:06 pm
Ummm, Dixon is #4 on his RB list, right behind Collins.  However, I do have issue with his summary of the tight ends.  He makes the statement that even though he lists Henry as #1,  Higbee is arguably better.  I just don't see how anyone could draw that conclusion based on the conferences they both played in.

that and the fact that Henry, you know, won the award for the best TE in the country...

Hardcore Hoggy

That simply is not what he said about TE

ChitownHawg

That was my thoughts. He said if he had been in a system where he had to block. So if he wasn't in a system where he had to block then how the heck do you know he can? What evidence is there?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 31, 2016, 02:51:48 pm
That simply is not what he said about TE

If not for injury woes and limited blocking showcased on film, Higbee would be the draft's top tight end

That is pretty much what he did say.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 31, 2016, 03:01:48 pm
If not for injury woes and limited blocking showcased on film, Higbee would be the draft's top tight end

He could have just as well of said " if not for a lack of 4.1 speed Jonathan WIlliams would have been the #1 running back"

well guess what, the lack of those things is in fact why those guys weren't listed #1.

Is it a lack of reading comprehension skills, or do some people just refuse to see anything other than what they want to see.

In actuality what he said was that a lack of durability set the kid behind Henry

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 31, 2016, 03:07:46 pm
He could have just as well of said " if not for a lack of 4.1 speed Jonathan WIlliams would have been the #1 running back"

well guess what, the lack of those things is in fact why those guys weren't listed #1.

Is it a lack of reading comprehension skills, or do some people just refuse to see anything other than what they want to see.

In actuality what he said was that a lack of durability set the kid behind Henry

You my friend are the one with the lack of reading comprehension. We get what he is saying and are pointing out the weakness of his argument.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 31, 2016, 03:16:32 pm
You my friend are the one with the lack of reading comprehension. We get what he is saying and are pointing out the weakness of his argument.

LOL you see what you want to see "He named Henry his choice as the top TE and you STILL claim he somehow dissed the guy" good grief.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 31, 2016, 03:18:47 pm

LOL you see what you want to see "He named Henry his choice as the top TE and you STILL claim he somehow dissed the guy" good grief.

Holy cow you are a piece of work. We are discussing his comment and lack of evidence that Higbee would be #1 if it were not for his injury.

What is so hard to understand about that?

It is like Deep Shoat asked in another thread "what reincarnate troll are you?"

trphog

Braxton Miller as the 2nd best WR coming out is laughable. This guy must have a tOSU fetish or something.

hogfan14

I've seen some people that think Henry is a little underwhelming just because he isn't flashy but like 95% of the ones I've seen think he is without a doubt the #1 TE

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 31, 2016, 03:01:48 pm
If not for the fact that Hunter Henry is better than him, injury woes and limited blocking showcased on film, Higbee would be the draft's top tight end

Fixed that for him . . .

;)

ChitownHawg

Pigasaurus

Any Tigers on these lists?  LSU, Auburn or Mizzou?  With the recruiting classes the first two have had and winning back to back Eastern titles by Mizzou.  Wow.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 31, 2016, 03:18:47 pm

Maybe you don't understand backhanded compliments.

For example :

If it weren't for the fact that your face had completely been rearranged with a crowbar,  you'd easily be the 5th best looking guy in the room of 7 men.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Supermark101

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 31, 2016, 02:23:40 pm
that and the fact that Henry, you know, won the award for the best TE in the country...

DJ won it too. That means nothing in the NFL

HogInFlorida

Who in their right mind would take Braxton Miller over Doctson, Coleman, or Fuller? That blows my mind. Great athlete for sure and his spin move against VT should be in every highlight video forever, but potential alone doesn't make you theb2nd best WR in a class.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

songofthesword

songofthesword

If braxton miller played ar for 3 years he'd be the number 1 pick in this draft.

Henry has great hands, the best in the entire draft. He runs really good routes, is a guy you never ha e to worry about off field and is an excellent second level run blocker, where he  an get out in space and use his athletic ability 

Cons are, he's not very pysical, you can push him around is a good athlete, not going to  hang the way you  8 er with his speed r anything, and is a  below Avg point of attack / line run  vlocker.

He more than any is why we ran so maNY draws..allows him to get to the se on level or pull to the other side of the line. But that workout Co firms what teams see wrong with him

Unless I were the pas who THROW 5 TIME  game I would not take in first

ChitownHawg

Quote from: songofthesword on April 01, 2016, 02:19:14 am
If braxton miller played ar for 3 years he'd be the number 1 pick in this draft.

Henry has great hands, the best in the entire draft. He runs really good routes, is a guy you never ha e to worry about off field and is an excellent second level run blocker, where he  an get out in space and use his athletic ability 

Cons are, he's not very pysical, you can push him around is a good athlete, not going to  hang the way you  8 er with his speed r anything, and is a  below Avg point of attack / line run  vlocker.

He more than any is why we ran so maNY draws..allows him to get to the se on level or pull to the other side of the line. But that workout Co firms what teams see wrong with him

Unless I were the pas who THROW 5 TIME  game I would not take in first

Broken keyboard?  ;D

bigdaddyhawg

I looked at that freaking list FIVE TIMES and still somehow missed that!!  ^$#&^#^*%$&*($%&*($!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

LRHawg

If not for injury woes and limited blocking showcased on film, Higbee would be the draft's top tight end.

Hahah, gtfo of here with that b.s.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 31, 2016, 09:08:28 pm
Maybe you don't understand backhanded compliments.

For example :

If it weren't for the fact that your face had completely been rearranged with a crowbar,  you'd easily be the 5th best looking guy in the room of 7 men. 1

You guys are too much, when someone lists you as the #1 guy, thats not a backhanded compliment.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

trphog

Quote from: HogInFlorida on March 31, 2016, 10:37:13 pm
Who in their right mind would take Braxton Miller over Doctson, Coleman, or Fuller? That blows my mind. Great athlete for sure and his spin move against VT should be in every highlight video forever, but potential alone doesn't make you theb2nd best WR in a class.

Agreed! But even with all of the super athleticism he was supposed to have he still didn't test that well at the combine. There's no way I would take him over any of those guys you listed. Plus, URB let him get the crap kicked out of him in college with the way he used him at QB.