Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon allen

Started by Tyro3, March 31, 2016, 09:26:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyro3

Otis Kirk on 247, says Chad Reuter from nfl.com has Allen going in the third round 92 overall to the Arizona Cardinals, don't know who this guy is, but if that were to be the case, it would be fantastic for Brandon.

PorkRinds

That would be a great spot to land, no doubt. 

flagstaffhog

That would be great. Finally a HOG I can watch in Arizona.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

trashcan maN

Hope that happens for him. Teams expect 3rd round picks to make the team.

ZERO

Mf'er deserves it as much as anyone else. Took his mental beatings, coaching instabilities, and had his truck lit on fire. Did nothing but grind it out and improve year after year.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

sickboy

Quote from: ZERO on March 31, 2016, 09:14:39 pm
Mf'er deserves it as much as anyone else. Took his mental beatings, coaching instabilities, and had his truck lit on fire. Did nothing but grind it out and improve year after year.

Agreed. The guy must be one of the most mentally tough kids we've ever had. The pounding that kid took from fans would have crippled most QBs. I honestly think the sky is the limit for a player with his physical tools and the mental fortitude he has. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if out of all the QBs we've had come through Arkansas (Stoerner, MJ, TJack, Mallet, Wilson) that BA turns out to have the most successful NFL career out of all of them. I just stopped questioning the kid a long time ago because he kept proving me wrong. Learned my lesson.

cc

I was not happy with his 4th quarter play even at the start of this year.  Was it finally having a QB coach using teachable moments or did he just say I'm tired of it and will make the difference?  Don't know but just glad his last several games were some of the best QB play I've seen that I can really remember over the last 35 years.  He has the arm strength and football knowledge to be successful plus being coachable.  Doesn't seem to have an entitled attitude at all.  Plus, he seems to have become as physically and mentally tough as boot leather.  Nothing but success for BA and loved seeing the end result of your hard work.

PorkRinds

I think BA's best attribute is one that coach B and his brother have both mentioned recently as a difference between the two of them.  BA isn't emotional.  He's even keeled through adversity and triumph.  I think that's something he always had in him, but that he really embraced towards the end of his career here.  Hopefully little bro doesn't let the emotions take over too often.

rickfahr

I was a HUGE BA critic. The Missouri debacle was the low point for me.

But ...

Two years ago, he made a big jump. This past year, his improvement was even more.

His senior season -- despite some bumps -- was really, really good. Hope he has a long NFL career in whatever capacity his talent and moxie allow.

secneahog

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 01, 2016, 10:41:40 am
I think BA's best attribute is one that coach B and his brother have both mentioned recently as a difference between the two of them.  BA isn't emotional.  He's even keeled through adversity and triumph.  I think that's something he always had in him, but that he really embraced towards the end of his career here.  Hopefully little bro doesn't let the emotions take over too often.

He was always chill and talkative on Dickson st.  Cool dude.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

With this and a buck fifty you can buy a cup of coffee but......I think BA may have more going than backup potential if he goes to the right team.

AZ would be great for him.  Palmer is a quality veteran with a couple years left in him.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?