Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uncut Interviews from Day 1 of Spring Practice 2016

Started by Jason Carroll, March 30, 2016, 10:17:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Uncut interviews on day 1 of spring practice from Frank Ragnow, Austin Allen, Rawleigh Williams, Keon Hatcher, Kody Walker and Hjalte Froholdt.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/spring-kickoff-practice-underway-hogs-return-14-starters

RazorPiggie

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

presidenthog

Austin allen looks like Tom Brady with that hair cut....

bigdaddyhawg

I was expecting to see AA cool and composed and ready to take over.  What I saw in that interview didn't inspire much confidence.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PorkRinds

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 31, 2016, 12:49:58 pm
I was expecting to see AA cool and composed and ready to take over.  What I saw in that interview didn't inspire much confidence.

He just started doing interviews.  What does that have to do with his play?

murthage

Big daddy.... Not sure what you saw.  I think he did great.  Just emphasized that he wants to show people he cares, and is "himself" not a clone of Brandon.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 31, 2016, 08:56:20 pm

Confidence.  Confidence in himself.  I wanted to see it oozing from every pore. 

This SHOULD be his team now.  I want him to take ownership/leadership of it and be "The Man".

Truly, I was expecting to see swagger.  I didn't see what I wanted to see. 

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 31, 2016, 08:56:20 pm

Obviously his interview skills are different from his on the field skills, but he's not a rookie, he's been in the program for a while and I wanted to see that winning aura around him, honestly.

And, don't get me wrong: I've been one of the most vocal AA supporters on here.  I am hopeful he's going to step up and continue what BA started.

But he's not going to get there through timidity, even if it is in an interview.

I'm still hopeful CDE and CBB will get him there by game 1 this fall.

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

razorsharptusk

Glad to see RWIII back and eager to go.  Look forward to watching him become an elite back.  He will be growing along with this new O line.  Could be a special combination in the future.
GO HOGS!!

razorsharptusk

This could be some of the reserved confidence you are not seeing from AA.  Competition.

"That's right: four. When Arkansas opens spring camp today, there will be four quarterbacks in the running to replace the departed Brandon Allen. And before you go thinking that's hyperbole, consider the fact that all four candidates were four-star prospects and top-25 QBs coming out of high school."
GO HOGS!!