Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enos on the 4 QB's entering practice

Started by ricepig, March 29, 2016, 10:39:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whosiskid

Assuming that Enos wasn't being diplomatic and was pulling no punches, I want Storey as the QB. I think Allen has the job, but I've always thought the head was the most important thing about any QB.

I was living in Chicago when Jim McMahon took over as starting QB around 1983 and held it until he tore up his shoulder in 1986 or so. He had perhaps the worst arm of anyone in the NFL, but Chicago had the most reliable offense in the league with McMahon at the helm because of two things: 1) he made not mistakes and 2) he understood was what happening on the field better than anyone else. I mean, it was a great offense apart from McMahon, with All Pro offensive linemen and Willie Gault at WR and Walter Payton, but there was absolutely no question that McMahon was the offensive MVP.

But I do have a question about Storey, playing devil's advocate to myself: how would Enos know if Storey is more of a gamer? I guess he has seen footage of him in HS, but he hasn't played in any games in college or while Enos has been on campus. Though perhaps he means that Storey shines when running an offense and less so than going through QB drills?

Just a reminder about Peavey and his running in HS: he was a Wildcat formation QB. Nearly every play ran through him either passing or running the ball. It also kept him from throwing deep very much, since the Wildcat doesn't favor the long pass.

To be honest, I love all four of these guys and I think each one is among the best QB prospects we've had in the past ten years. I still think the depth chart will be Allen-Peavey-Storey-Town at the end of spring practice, since that preserves seniority and maximizes the chance of keeping all four on campus (juggle the order and someone is going to feel he is being bumped, which obviously he will have been, except for Town, who is the new kid and therefore shouldn't expect to move up if the other guys are taking care of business - if that order is preserved, then every QB can legitimately feel that while they didn't beat the guy in front of them out, neither did they get passed).

Though on the other hand, if Austin is the starter, the other three might feel that at best they might have only one year as starter, unless Peavey were to transfer, in which case both the other guys might think they could beat the other out. Going to be an interesting spring.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 31, 2016, 06:18:32 am
...And the "band plays on..."   Hog fans bitchin' and moanin' about have 4, maybe 5 QB's in a competition...all of them 4 stars...all of them bringing something special to the mix...wow, 'we bitsch when it rains, and bitsch when it doesn't'    Ya gotta love it !

I'm not sure where you got the idea that anyone is complaining about having 4 talented QB's on campus competing, and more on the way.
Go Hogs Go!

bennyl08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 31, 2016, 07:40:29 am
I'm not sure where you got the idea that anyone is complaining about having 4 talented QB's on campus competing, and more on the way.

Read his post history and "I'm not sure where you got the idea that..." will be the reply for a large portion of it.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogsanity

Seems like no matter who gets the job, 75% of the fans will think it should have been one of the other guys.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogsanity on March 31, 2016, 01:21:35 pm
Seems like no matter who gets the job, 75% of the fans will think it should have been one of the other guys.
that's how we roll! Ricky Town for QB!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

pigroots

The good thing is I think any of the 4 could do the job. We have a starter and some depth. Not many teams have that. At the same time without a good line they will all likely fail. The key to the offense this year is not who's taking the snap but whether he will have protection and if the line can open holes for the backs. If we get that the QB will probably be all conference

bennyl08

Quote from: whosiskid on March 31, 2016, 06:38:44 am
Assuming that Enos wasn't being diplomatic and was pulling no punches, I want Storey as the QB. I think Allen has the job, but I've always thought the head was the most important thing about any QB.

I was living in Chicago when Jim McMahon took over as starting QB around 1983 and held it until he tore up his shoulder in 1986 or so. He had perhaps the worst arm of anyone in the NFL, but Chicago had the most reliable offense in the league with McMahon at the helm because of two things: 1) he made not mistakes and 2) he understood was what happening on the field better than anyone else. I mean, it was a great offense apart from McMahon, with All Pro offensive linemen and Willie Gault at WR and Walter Payton, but there was absolutely no question that McMahon was the offensive MVP.

Well, IMO, the devil's advocate for that would be that give me a couple months of learning the offense and watching on defenses and I am confident in myself that I could mentally on par with anybody we have. My problem is that I am not a natural thrower and my ability to pass the ball stops at about 15 yards. Granted, you and me have both been on the Storey bandwagon since his sophomore hudl tape has been out.

QuoteBut I do have a question about Storey, playing devil's advocate to myself: how would Enos know if Storey is more of a gamer? I guess he has seen footage of him in HS, but he hasn't played in any games in college or while Enos has been on campus. Though perhaps he means that Storey shines when running an offense and less so than going through QB drills?

Situational practices. You have qb passing drills in general. You have scrimmages, and you have scrimmages where you force situations such as third downs or redzone. My guess is that is what they are referring to.

To be honest, I love all four of these guys and I think each one is among the best QB prospects we've had in the past ten years. I still think the depth chart will be Allen-Peavey-Storey-Town at the end of spring practice, since that preserves seniority and maximizes the chance of keeping all four on campus (juggle the order and someone is going to feel he is being bumped, which obviously he will have been, except for Town, who is the new kid and therefore shouldn't expect to move up if the other guys are taking care of business - if that order is preserved, then every QB can legitimately feel that while they didn't beat the guy in front of them out, neither did they get passed). [/quote]

True, but the NFL draft has not been favorable to 1 year qb starters. Look at Coker with Bama. The closest example I can think of is Cam, but he got to play some at Florida, and he started at the JUCO level which while not the SEC, provides a lot more experience than bench warming.

So, I'd say the transfer risk is mostly a factor of two things: What is your career goals, i.e. staying here would lead to you getting a good character education and a chance for one year of starting which may or may not get you to the NFL, but will leave you prepared for life hopefully outside of football. Or, is the NFL your dream and you will take the actions necessary to maximize your chances? The other question becomes, how good do you think you are? If you transfer, will you actually start for the other program, or will sit on the bench there? Obviously there are other considerations such as wanting to play even if you have to drop down a level or two such as Nathan Dick, or simply disliking the coaching dynamics such as Mustain. For these guys though, I think the first two are the major factors.

QuoteThough on the other hand, if Austin is the starter, the other three might feel that at best they might have only one year as starter, unless Peavey were to transfer, in which case both the other guys might think they could beat the other out. Going to be an interesting spring.

For sure. I think Peavey is the most likely to transfer, assuming Austin starts. If Town or Storey start, then Austin and Peavey both become question marks, but I think Austin with his competitiveness may want to go somewhere he can play. However, let's assume Austin starts and nobody transfers. There is no guarantee Peavey starts for one year. Austin graduates leaving a RsSr Peavey, a RsJr Storey, and a RsSo Town, not to mention Kelly and new guys. That is two more years for somebody else to potentially unseat Peavey as a backup or beat him in the next qb battle. If I'm one of the younger two guys, I am not transferring because I like my odds.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

The Kig

The writer (and Hogville) interpret the order as a depth chart, which it may be, but I'm not so sure that was Enos intention.  The article even referenced that it might not be decided in the Spring.

Regardless,  we are in a truly unique position relative to most teams replacing a 5th year senior.  A wealth of talent and an open position... it's gonna be fun to see who emerges.
Poker Porker

lstewart

I think any of these four guys could be good if given a chance to play enough to get some experience. We've certainly had starting QB's over the years that are not as talented as this group. Logically you would expect at least one of them to transfer, seeking playing time somewhere else. That's what usually happens, and it is unusual to have 4 guys this talented on the roster at the same time, at least for us.

PonderinHog

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 31, 2016, 01:39:16 pm
For these guys though, I think the first two are the major factors.

For sure. I think Peavey is the most likely to transfer, assuming Austin starts. If Town or Storey start, then Austin and Peavey both become question marks, but I think Austin with his competitiveness may want to go somewhere he can play. However, let's assume Austin starts and nobody transfers. There is no guarantee Peavey starts for one year. Austin graduates leaving a RsSr Peavey, a RsJr Storey, and a RsSo Town, not to mention Kelly and new guys. That is two more years for somebody else to potentially unseat Peavey as a backup or beat him in the next qb battle. If I'm one of the younger two guys, I am not transferring because I like my odds.
I think Towns and Story are in the same year.

AirWarren

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 30, 2016, 06:35:36 pm
I still say he ends up at TE, WR, or transfers. I don't think he starts over Allen, and the other will be close or better for the back up. He is too good an athlete to keep off the field. That's my opinion

Too good of an athlete to keep off the field? Is he? How many SEC games have you seen him in? JOJO was too good an athlete to keep off the field too.....

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 31, 2016, 02:02:58 pm

Without looking it up I would say you are correct.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 31, 2016, 03:05:09 pm
Without looking it up I would say you are correct.

Yep, the #6 and #9 Pro Style QB's in the same recruiting class.

Hardcore Hoggy

All else being equal I prefer to see Storey as the starter. Not because I dislike Allen, but simply b/c I  don't see Allen getting any more wins than Storey would and if Allen starts, then here we go again in 2017 having to break in a new starter.

You aren't going to build an SEC power starting a new QB every season.

factchecker

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 31, 2016, 03:17:15 pm
All else being equal I prefer to see Storey as the starter. Not because I dislike Allen, but simply b/c I  don't see Allen getting any more wins than Storey would and if Allen starts, then here we go again in 2017 having to break in a new starter.

You aren't going to build an SEC power starting a new QB every season.

Why would we have to break in a new starter in 2017?

Austin is a redshirt junior--- 2 years left to play.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ChitownHawg

Quote from: factchecker on March 31, 2016, 03:19:58 pm

Boom!
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Bubba's Bruisers

So basically, the future of the QB position looks promising.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

MuskogeeHogFan

Well, IMO, the devil's advocate for that would be that give me a couple months of learning the offense and watching on defenses and I am confident in myself that I could mentally on par with anybody we have. My problem is that I am not a natural thrower and my ability to pass the ball stops at about 15 yards. Granted, you and me have both been on the Storey bandwagon since his sophomore hudl tape has been out.

Situational practices. You have qb passing drills in general. You have scrimmages, and you have scrimmages where you force situations such as third downs or redzone. My guess is that is what they are referring to.

To be honest, I love all four of these guys and I think each one is among the best QB prospects we've had in the past ten years. I still think the depth chart will be Allen-Peavey-Storey-Town at the end of spring practice, since that preserves seniority and maximizes the chance of keeping all four on campus (juggle the order and someone is going to feel he is being bumped, which obviously he will have been, except for Town, who is the new kid and therefore shouldn't expect to move up if the other guys are taking care of business - if that order is preserved, then every QB can legitimately feel that while they didn't beat the guy in front of them out, neither did they get passed).

True, but the NFL draft has not been favorable to 1 year qb starters. Look at Coker with Bama. The closest example I can think of is Cam, but he got to play some at Florida, and he started at the JUCO level which while not the SEC, provides a lot more experience than bench warming.

So, I'd say the transfer risk is mostly a factor of two things: What is your career goals, i.e. staying here would lead to you getting a good character education and a chance for one year of starting which may or may not get you to the NFL, but will leave you prepared for life hopefully outside of football. Or, is the NFL your dream and you will take the actions necessary to maximize your chances? The other question becomes, how good do you think you are? If you transfer, will you actually start for the other program, or will sit on the bench there? Obviously there are other considerations such as wanting to play even if you have to drop down a level or two such as Nathan Dick, or simply disliking the coaching dynamics such as Mustain. For these guys though, I think the first two are the major factors.

From what I understand, Austin isn't a likely transfer under any circumstances, though I am not sure that I agree with that.

This is just an opinion, but I think the staff is looking for someone who will be here and start at least two years in a row at a time. I expect that whomever winds being the starter this year may probably be the starter in 2017 as well. Continuity is usually a very good thing for an offense when it comes to QB's.

I think that also holds true for whomever the next starter might be (2018/2019) for at least the next two years as well. If you make those assumptions (and that is all it is) you can then begin to project (or guess) who may eventually decide to stay and who may choose greener pastures instead.

So, what years of eligibility remain for each QB?

Austin Allen-                             2016, 2017
Rafe Peavey-                            2016, 2017, 2018
Ty Storey-                                2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Ricky Town-                              2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Cole Kelly-(assuming a R/S)                 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

I don't think that many QB's want to sit and wait to be able to start for one year, let alone any football program wanting to change out for new QB's 3 years in a row.
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on March 31, 2016, 05:02:27 pm
So basically, the future of the QB position looks promising.

Even if we have a transfer or two we are good for the next few years. Not bad for a "Three yards and a cloud of dust" coach.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 31, 2016, 06:28:35 pm
Even if we have a transfer or two we are good for the next few years. Not bad for a "Three yards and a cloud of dust" coach.  ;)

I would agree. I think the staff has done a very good job of lining up a lot of talented, capable depth at QB.
Go Hogs Go!

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: factchecker on March 31, 2016, 03:19:58 pm

My bad, I was thinking he was only 1 year behind Brandon . Still, that doesn't change he point much.

whosiskid

Town and Storey are same year, but Storey has a year of seniority on Town in the Hog offense. They were both early entry, but Town had his first spring at USC.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

whosiskid

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 31, 2016, 05:35:49 pm
This is just an opinion, but I think the staff is looking for someone who will be here and start at least two years in a row at a time.

I'm not sure that is a priority for Bielema. Two words:  Russell Wilson.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: whosiskid on April 01, 2016, 09:24:56 am
I'm not sure that is a priority for Bielema. Two words:  Russell Wilson.

I understand, but I don't think Bielema ever had this much QB talent stacked this deep at Wisconsin.
Go Hogs Go!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on April 01, 2016, 08:43:31 am
My bad, I was thinking he was only 1 year behind Brandon . Still, that doesn't change he point much.

It totally changes the point.  How many D1 QB's get three years to play in a system as the starter?  Not very darn many. 

Hardcore Hoggy

hvsupastar

Quote from: zane on March 29, 2016, 05:32:53 pm
Stopped reading when he called St Gus and Sumlin QB "gurus"...

Yeah I had to re-read that.  What the heck is that about?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

bennyl08

Who is Towns?

However, Town and Storey are in the same class. Storey being an early enrollee threw me off as well as him being committed to us for so long compared to Town being a very late transfer.

factchecker

I'm excited for Cole Kelley to get here.  I think that the media will be talking about him the day he reports.

I understand that he will most likely be redshirted but it's not everyday that you see a 6'7"  260 lbs quarterback.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: factchecker on April 01, 2016, 01:41:47 pm
I'm excited for Cole Kelley to get here.  I think that the media will be talking about him the day he reports.

I understand that he will most likely be redshirted but it's not everyday that you see a 6'7"  260 lbs quarterback.

Is that picture real?  He looks like a giant!

factchecker

It's legit, no April fools needed.  Both Coach Enos and Coach Bielema talked highly of Mr. Kelley at the signing day event.  I understand it's part of the job to hype up the incoming class but Coach Enos really acted like he saw big things in Cole.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: factchecker on April 01, 2016, 01:57:49 pm
It's legit, no April fools needed.  Both Coach Enos and Coach Bielema talked highly of Mr. Kelley at the signing day event.  I understand it's part of the job to hype up the incoming class but Coach Enos really acted like he saw big things in Cole.

Good god, man.  It's like Dan Skipper at QB. 

hogsfan31

Holy crap, he is huge.

I remember reading on TDs some of the LSU fans wanted to offer Kelley or wondered why he didn't get an offer. With them striking out at QB and offering the kid that was looking at Maryland, I'm surprised they didn't. Some said they were glad they didn't he had character issues, which Bielema would have shut that down if that was so. Oh well, LSUs loss and I'm glad we got him.

Nonetheless, I'm excited about the QBs we have on campus. We have legit competition and legit talent waiting in the wings each year, and a dang good OC to develop and get them ready.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: factchecker on April 01, 2016, 01:41:47 pm

LOL someone did a good job 'shopping that pic. He looks like a monster out there.

factchecker

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on April 01, 2016, 03:14:48 pm

LOL someone did a good job 'shopping that pic. He looks like a monster out there.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/acadianapreps/13351676-123/teurlings-quarterback-cole-kelley-faces

Contact the advocate.com if you the picture is shopped. LOL WTH salty bruh savage (insert any other teenage slang here)  :puke:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ChitownHawg

Quote from: factchecker on April 01, 2016, 03:30:17 pm
http://theadvocate.com/sports/acadianapreps/13351676-123/teurlings-quarterback-cole-kelley-faces

Contact the advocate.com if you the picture is shopped. LOL WTH salty bruh savage (insert any other teenage slang here)  :puke:

It's simply the camera angle. At 6'7" he is most likely taller than the players in the frame. Then with the shot being almost ground level causes the upward angle to give the perception he towers over them.

Yet, he is a big boy.

factchecker

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 01, 2016, 03:52:48 pm
It's simply the camera angle. At 6'7" he is most likely taller than the players in the frame. Then with the shot being almost ground level causes the upward angle to give the perception he towers over them.

Yet, he is a big boy.

I agree, the camera helps with the perception.  However, to suggest that it was shopped seemed rather asinine.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ChitownHawg

Quote from: factchecker on April 01, 2016, 04:00:02 pm
I agree, the camera helps with the perception.  However, to suggest that it was shopped seemed rather asinine.

He is most likely a second generation troll. We will see how long he lasts this time around. He likes to come into thread stir crap and then leave. Maybe he can just skip the first part and leave.  ;D

Hogs958

And I went into this thread assuming there would simply be excitement about our QB situation. I should have known better.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Sivad

Looks like a good stable of QBs which is a big plus.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Kevin on March 30, 2016, 02:26:21 am
All this fuss over a position that is filled already.

Starting Qb will be Allen.

But hey, that is what everyone wants to report on and people want to hear about

It is just reporting exactly what Bielema said about the competition.

According to WholeHogSports.com, Bielema is prepared to watch this "healthy" position battle play out all the way into the summertime, saying that there is no clear-cut standout at the moment.

"I really believe at the quarterback position you need to have one guy, but when that guy comes, be it 10 days out from our opener, it'll be all right," Bielema said. "I want the best guy in that position, and I want the second-best guy behind him, and the third-best behind him and see the chips kind of fall out where they will.

"Am I going to be disappointed if there is a clear-cut guy? No, not at all. If there's a guy that jumps out, stands out and proves it ... on more than one or two occasions, he'll be that guy."

Allen might be the favorite, but he'll have to fend off redshirt sophomore Rafe Peavey, redshirt freshman Ty Storey, and former USC transfer Ricky Town, who has four years of eligibility, for right under center in 2016.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-qb-battle-might-not-be-settled-this-spring/
Go Hogs Go!

hobhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 02, 2016, 07:52:52 am
It is just reporting exactly what Bielema said about the competition.

According to WholeHogSports.com, Bielema is prepared to watch this "healthy" position battle play out all the way into the summertime, saying that there is no clear-cut standout at the moment.

"I really believe at the quarterback position you need to have one guy, but when that guy comes, be it 10 days out from our opener, it'll be all right," Bielema said. "I want the best guy in that position, and I want the second-best guy behind him, and the third-best behind him and see the chips kind of fall out where they will.

"Am I going to be disappointed if there is a clear-cut guy? No, not at all. If there's a guy that jumps out, stands out and proves it ... on more than one or two occasions, he'll be that guy."

Allen might be the favorite, but he'll have to fend off redshirt sophomore Rafe Peavey, redshirt freshman Ty Storey, and former USC transfer Ricky Town, who has four years of eligibility, for right under center in 2016.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-qb-battle-might-not-be-settled-this-spring/

I just hope one guy stands out and they go with him.

As the saying goes, if you have 4 starting QBs you ain't got any.....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hobhog on April 02, 2016, 08:08:58 am
I just hope one guy stands out and they go with him.

As the saying goes, if you have 4 starting QBs you ain't got any.....

They will name a single starter and have a depth chart as they would with any other position. Bielema's just saying that they aren't in a hurry to name the starter. Sounds like it is largely up to the guys in competition and when they separate themselves from the others.
Go Hogs Go!

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

nwahogfan1

Good stuff Benny.  You pretty well nailed it. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 02, 2016, 08:28:22 am
They will name a single starter and have a depth chart as they would with any other position. Bielema's just saying that they aren't in a hurry to name the starter. Sounds like it is largely up to the guys in competition and when they separate themselves from the others.

If there really is a challenge to AA then I think they may wait until the fall to name the starter but do we really want that?    I hope AA will run away and do a great job in the spring and next year considering he is a 4th year player and was a 4 star QB coming out of HS with potential of being a great player here. 

I do think if there is a battle   at the No. 2 QB spot then the coaches may decide to not name him until the fall.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

26.2Hog

Quote from: hogsfan31 on April 01, 2016, 02:07:42 pm

I remember reading on TDs some of the LSU fans wanted to offer Kelley or wondered why he didn't get an offer. With them striking out at QB and offering the kid that was looking at Maryland, I'm surprised they didn't. Some said they were glad they didn't he had character issues, which Bielema would have shut that down if that was so. Oh well, LSUs loss and I'm glad we got him.

LSU worried about character issues???

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20hog11

The addition of Town(s) really threw a kink in the future for the position. A great problem to have but nonetheless a kink. Before he came one could easily see Austin playing for two years then a battle for Peavey and Storey to start in 2018 and presumably Storey starting in 2019 followed by Kelly.

With Town though, that doesn't work since he and Storey are in the same class. As always the cream will rise to the top. I would love for each of the 5 qbs to all start and have success at Arkansas, but there is a logjam at the position that won't allow it. I do wonder if we don't pull a duwop/derby and move one of them to another position at some point. Time will tell. For now, I'm just glad that we are able to talk about football in early April.