PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RME

ricepig

ricepig

ricepig

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bphi11ips

Keon Hatcher should have a great season.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

flagstaffhog

Thanks for the post.

GO HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogsfan31

Glad Jamario seemed to get it together in the classroom. The young man will be a beast.

Hearing that rafe, Ty and Ricky are all kind of equal is interesting. Rafe hasn't set himself apart from the other two who havent been on campus long? With Ricky having learned the terminology now, there should be a real battle for backup.

Great to hear about Randy Ramsey. Proud of that kid for his hard work and the maturity he's shown. He's shown great work ethic and he will be glad he stuck it out. Only made him stronger.

What in the world did Josh Allen do?

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

thebignasty

Really not good to whiff at corner on signing day and then have to kick another corner off the team for academics.   Secondary depth is tough.

hawgmasta

Quote from: thebignasty on March 28, 2016, 05:14:47 pm
Really not good to whiff at corner on signing day and then have to kick another corner off the team for academics.   Secondary depth is tough.

I'm sweating the same bullets; hopefully all the starters remain healthy.

hvsupastar

With Bell and Agim coming off the edge for the next 3 years,  dbs won't have to cover long. Those are the two most physically impressive high school athletes I've ever seen
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

20hog11

http://bit.ly/1RChey3

Link to the video if anyone wants watch it.

Supermark101

RebelW

Is Devuah Whaley on campus yet? Haven't heard him say much about him since signing day. Would like to see him and Hammonds run.. Makes me think that Duwop is going to be special at the position

PorkRinds

Quote from: RebelW on March 28, 2016, 10:27:45 pm
Is Devuah Whaley on campus yet? Haven't heard him say much about him since signing day. Would like to see him and Hammonds run.. Makes me think that Duwop is going to be special at the position

Won't be here til fall.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: RebelW on March 28, 2016, 10:27:45 pm

He reports to the UA after He finishes High School late May or first week of June.  :razorback:

Biggus Piggus

The cornerbacks are D.J. Dean (out for spring), Henre' Toliver, Jared Collins, Ryan Pulley, Willie Sykes and Kevin Richardson.

The safeties are Santos Ramirez, Josh Liddell, De'Andre Coley, Nate Dalton, Reid Miller.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

If this coaching staff can't build this group of players into a good defense, it will be a case of too many chefs in the kitchen. They have enough players and great coaches - now the question is how well will they work together.
[CENSORED]!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 29, 2016, 12:27:22 am
If this coaching staff can't build this group of players into a good defense, it will be a case of too many chefs in the kitchen. They have enough players and great coaches - now the question is how well will they work together.

Talk about pulling it out of your rear end!!

Biggus, neither you, nor I, nor any fan has much of an idea if there is really enough talent on this defense for it to be a good defense.

We all saw how losing only three talented players from the 2014 squad affecting last year's defense so much, and most of us didn't see that coming.

Yes, we have SOME talent on this defense, but: Is it enough? Is that talent in the right places, especially LB and S?

There are simply too many questions about the talent on this D for anyone to make the statement you made.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

thebignasty

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 29, 2016, 12:27:22 am

Dean and Collins are the obvious starters, Tolliver seemed to be nailed down in the nickel corner role last year. After that, Richardson, who is undersized, was the only guy the coaches had much faith in last year. I understand that Floyd or even Putu and the Louisiana kid would be in the same boat of 'unknown' quantities,  I just feel better about someone stepping up when there are more guys battling for it. 2 injuries could devastate corner depth. I still think that's tough.

PorkRinds

Quote from: thebignasty on March 29, 2016, 07:40:57 am
Dean and Collins are the obvious starters, Tolliver seemed to be nailed down in the nickel corner role last year. After that, Richardson, who is undersized, was the only guy the coaches had much faith in last year. I understand that Floyd or even Putu and the Louisiana kid would be in the same boat of 'unknown' quantities,  I just feel better about someone stepping up when there are more guys battling for it. 2 injuries could devastate corner depth. I still think that's tough.

Putu?  He isn't coming here...

DeshaHog

QuotePutu?  He isn't coming here...

Maybe he's feeling good about locking Tutt up this week  ;)

dhizzle

It really does suck that Josh Allen might be gone. We need all the quality depth we can get on the oline. I think he is only a sophomore.

Hardcore Hoggy

I just can't get excited about Austin Allen as the starting QB. I don't have a preference, so it's not bias, I just don't think "yeehaw another Allen at QB"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 29, 2016, 09:19:09 am
I just can't get excited about Austin Allen as the starting QB. I don't have a preference, so it's not bias, I just don't think "yeehaw another Allen at QB"

Now you're gonna get it
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

thebignasty

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 29, 2016, 08:34:43 am
Putu?  He isn't coming here...
Neither are Floyd or Fulton. Just admitting that all three would have been unproven quantities.

PorkRinds

Quote from: thebignasty on March 29, 2016, 09:29:39 am
Neither are Floyd or Fulton. Just admitting that all three would have been unproven quantities.

I see. I thought you meant Cornelius Floyd. Didn't realize you were talking about kids we didn't get.

SemperHawg

Look at it more like, we know what we have in Austin Allen, and Coach B doesn't really like to have surprises at that position.  If anyone over takes him in the spring/fall time frame it will be a sign that we have a really special talent type guy on the roster that Coach B couldn't justify keeping off of the field. 

I don't think Austin goes winless in conference like his brother did to start out, but I would look for them to trend similarly in that his best year will most likely be his last.  If a Town/Story/Peavey takes the job from him then I think that is an indicator one of them is good enough to change the entire projection of the upcoming season type of good.

BRHogfan

Does anybody think that kicking was bad enough this season, he should've addressed it going into Spring Football?

thebignasty

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 29, 2016, 09:38:46 am
I see. I thought you meant Cornelius Floyd. Didn't realize you were talking about kids we didn't get.

Cornelius Floyd is no longer with the team.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: SemperHawg on March 29, 2016, 09:43:57 am
Look at it more like, we know what we have in Austin Allen, and Coach B doesn't really like to have surprises at that position.  If anyone over takes him in the spring/fall time frame it will be a sign that we have a really special talent type guy on the roster that Coach B couldn't justify keeping off of the field. 

I don't think Austin goes winless in conference like his brother did to start out, but I would look for them to trend similarly in that his best year will most likely be his last.  If a Town/Story/Peavey takes the job from him then I think that is an indicator one of them is good enough to change the entire projection of the upcoming season type of good.

WE don't know what we have in Austin Allen. Granted, the coaches know more than we do. That doesn't do anything to change my lack of enthusiasm, which I admit is probably mostly due to the last time we had the younger brother replace the older brother at QB.

WooPig90

Quote from: thebignasty on March 29, 2016, 09:50:57 am
Cornelius Floyd is no longer with the team.

For the moment. Bielema said he hopes to have him back around May

WooPig90

Quote from: dhizzle on March 29, 2016, 09:11:37 am
It really does suck that Josh Allen might be gone. We need all the quality depth we can get on the oline. I think he is only a sophomore.

He got switched to the DLine

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: SemperHawg on March 29, 2016, 09:43:57 am
Look at it more like, we know what we have in Austin Allen

Do we?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: BRHogfan on March 29, 2016, 09:48:52 am
Does anybody think that kicking was bad enough this season, he should've addressed it going into Spring Football?

He did, listen to the PC.

BigoBoys

O'Grady can't seem to stay out of trouble.  That is troublesome.

SemperHawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 29, 2016, 10:24:15 am
Do we?
We know what we have in that the coaching staff has already told us he's the number 1 going in.  Now he may very well be better or worse than BA, but from a size/ability/skill set stand point he is pretty similar to his brother.  It stands to reason his approach to the game would also be similar.  By all accounts the Allen brothers are pretty close, I would think little bro has been spending some years watching what big bro is doing, and styling his game after that.

So yes, I think we have a pretty good idea of what we are getting in AA, if it were going to be that much different all of these years with BA we would have heard how his little brother is nothing like him and plays a completely different game.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 29, 2016, 07:32:19 am
Talk about pulling it out of your rear end!!

Biggus, neither you, nor I, nor any fan has much of an idea if there is really enough talent on this defense for it to be a good defense.

We all saw how losing only three talented players from the 2014 squad affecting last year's defense so much, and most of us didn't see that coming.

Yes, we have SOME talent on this defense, but: Is it enough? Is that talent in the right places, especially LB and S?

There are simply too many questions about the talent on this D for anyone to make the statement you made.

Disagree.
[CENSORED]!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: BigoBoys on March 29, 2016, 10:37:58 am
O'Grady can't seem to stay out of trouble.  That is troublesome.

Growing up can be a bitch.

I resisted it for as long as I could.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Reservoir Hogs

I like that he is talking about J. Bell.  Kid can be a beast, seems a few weeks ago he was in Coach B's doghouse.  Coach said something like if he cant get it together off the field then he wont contribute on the field...

bigdaddyhawg

Do you realize they are different people?  With different abilities?

Just because they have the same last name doesn't mean all that much.  If you've had more than one kid you would know how different your children can be from one another.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 29, 2016, 02:36:25 pm
Do you realize they are different people?  With different abilities?

Just because they have the same last name doesn't mean all that much.  If you've had more than one kid you would know how different your children can be from one another.

Exactly. CBB even said as much that these two brothers are night and day different.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Deep Shoat

Which reincarnated troll are you?
All Gas, No Brakes!