Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tom Murphy: Let's start with QB, and work down the line

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, March 27, 2016, 06:06:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Tom Murphy poses the questions that face the Razorbacks as they prepare to open 2016 spring practice.

The Razorbacks will squeeze all 15 spring football practices into a four-week window, concluding with the Red-White game at noon April 23.

Arkansas will finish a week later than any other SEC team. Seven SEC schools -- Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri and Tennessee -- have spring games scheduled for April 16.

One school, Vanderbilt, will be done for four days before Arkansas starts Tuesday.

None of that matters to fourth-year Coach Bret Bielema.

"I really don't care about what other people are doing," Bielema said. "It just matters what the Razorbacks do."

The balance of the article is found inside at:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/mar/27/let-s-start-with-qb-and-work-down-the-l-1/
Go Hogs Go!

TXArcher

Nice read, looking forward to the Spring reports and watching the Spring game.

gmarv

thanks Muskogee. can,t get to much of this stuff right now.

Hardcore Hoggy

Little disappointed, the spring game is usually one the weekend nearest my birthday, but not that big a deal to start later than most.

Arazorbackguy1

Finally, Bielema is done worrying about what other teams are doing!

Looking forward to a solid year!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

BRHogfan

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 28, 2016, 09:01:31 am
Little disappointed, the spring game is usually one the weekend nearest my birthday, but not that big a deal to start later than most.

Maybe the school made a conscious decision to move it away from the Arkansas Derby April 16th.

rhames

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 28, 2016, 09:01:31 am

I'm pretty sure it's been around the 25th for some time because that is my birthday lol
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2016, 10:13:45 am

I'm pretty sure it's been around the 25th for some time because that is my birthday lol

Yep, we normally do spring practice in 5 weeks, this year we waited until after spring break and will do it in 4 consecutive weeks.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on March 28, 2016, 10:21:03 am
Yep, we normally do spring practice in 5 weeks, this year we waited until after spring break and will do it in 4 consecutive weeks.

The split for Spring break always annoyed me. Just a gut feeling momentum is lost and it may take a couple of days to get it back.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 28, 2016, 10:52:31 am
The split for Spring break always annoyed me. Just a gut feeling momentum is lost and it may take a couple of days to get it back.

Most do it that way, but it will be interesting to see how with handle it.

The_Iceman

ricepig