Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Enos experience a Soph

Started by nwahogfan1, March 23, 2016, 07:59:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: GolfnHog on March 26, 2016, 11:19:55 am
Bro LZH you and I hold the same reverence for the Latinas. It's Proof that you're in FL!!! I got that feelin back in the late 70's when I moved to Texas and realized what I had been missing as a youth in AR
I used to do some sexting with a latina years ago....she was freeeeeeaky!

PP

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: GolfnHog on March 26, 2016, 11:19:55 am
Bro LZH you and I hold the same reverence for the Latinas. It's Proof that you're in FL!!! I got that feelin back in the late 70's when I moved to Texas and realized what I had been missing as a youth in AR

See my post as well.
Fiancee' is Puerto Rican.
Aye-yi-yi, oo-la-la!!
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Iwastherein1969

We went 8-5 last year....why everyone is ready for a letdown is strange....My posts describing my weekly pains with one Hootie Nutt prove how I felt about that guy yet if Nutt went 8-5 there was pissing and moaning in Hogville. So going on his 4th year, why should we feel like we will take a step back. I don't think so. The key to my optimism was at the post game interview of Bielema after LSU. CBB said he got tired of people asking him about playing at Death Valley at night the week preceding the game. CBB doesn't come to ARK with the preconditioned thoughts of "poor little Arkansas" and how we should "know our place" each year. CBB is unabashedly irreverent when it comes to a permanently established pecking order in the SEC. I see no reason, with LSU, Bama, Ole Miss coming to Fayetteville that we should expect a step back...it's balls to the wall because we're going to have our first truly bad ass defense with experienced talent coming back at almost every position on that side of the ball. As far as the offense, yeah we are losing some talent, but the beauty of it is that the talent on the O-line the past 3 years has allowed some very good recruits to red-shirt and develop. I cannot tell you how important that is for O linemen. Some are 2, maybe 3 years into the program without having played but having lifted and gone through Coach Herb's conditioning program. Plus, with the addition of the ready to be plugged into the starting line up on defense, McTelvin Agim, has allowed them to move the physical freak of nature, Froholdt to the OL.  The key is will the starting QB be able to run the offense. If AA or Rafe Peavey or even one of the other QB's can improve from their current levels I see no reason, 9-4 and maybe 10-3 shouldn't be expected.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 27, 2016, 12:47:31 am
We went 8-5 last year....why everyone is ready for a letdown is strange....My posts describing my weekly pains with one Hootie Nutt prove how I felt about that guy yet if Nutt went 8-5 there was pissing and moaning in Hogville. So going on his 4th year, why should we feel like we will take a step back. I don't think so. The key to my optimism was at the post game interview of Bielema after LSU. CBB said he got tired of people asking him about playing at Death Valley at night the week preceding the game. CBB doesn't come to ARK with the preconditioned thoughts of "poor little Arkansas" and how we should "know our place" each year. CBB is unabashedly irreverent when it comes to a permanently established pecking order in the SEC. I see no reason, with LSU, Bama, Ole Miss coming to Fayetteville that we should expect a step back...it's balls to the wall because we're going to have our first truly bad ass defense with experienced talent coming back at almost every position on that side of the ball. As far as the offense, yeah we are losing some talent, but the beauty of it is that the talent on the O-line the past 3 years has allowed some very good recruits to red-shirt and develop. I cannot tell you how important that is for O linemen. Some are 2, maybe 3 years into the program without having played but having lifted and gone through Coach Herb's conditioning program. Plus, with the addition of the ready to be plugged into the starting line up on defense, McTelvin Agim, has allowed them to move the physical freak of nature, Froholdt to the OL.  The key is will the starting QB be able to run the offense. If AA or Rafe Peavey or even one of the other QB's can improve from their current levels I see no reason, 9-4 and maybe 10-3 shouldn't be expected.

I think everyone would prefer to be optimistic, but the reality is that there are a lot of questions that have to be answered coming out of the spring and into fall drills.

The potential overall quality and production of the O-Line looms large with the loss of 3 starters and so little experienced depth on the O-Line overall.

We hope that on defense that our LB's will provide better pass defense and the same goes for our Secondary. If the LB's don't improve drastically in this area, look for less improvement by the Secondary and another long season for the defense.

And, we have to find a coach that can coordinate and work better with our FG units and kickers.

And then there is the schedule.

The last three years we have been 12-8 at home and 4-12 on the road, though last year we began to show signs of life as a team going 4-3 at home and 3-2 on the road and we all know that despite 2 losses at home that should not have occurred, we were much closer to a 11 win season than many want to admit, even with a defense that underachieved.

This year there isn't a reason to not win at least 3 of 4 in the first half of the season at home and at least go 1-1 on the road. The second half, as always, becomes more difficult, with Ole Miss, Florida and LSU at home and Auburn, Miss St and Missouri on the road. I think that to avoid a disappointing season we have to win 2 of 3 at home and 2 of 3 on the road. That would give us 8 regular season wins. But of course, that assumes that we answer the vast majority of the questions that we have on both sides of the ball.

We all have hopes for the Hogs. I would absolutely love to see them go 12-0 in the regular season. But there are plenty of reasons to not be that optimistic, at this point anyway.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

March 27, 2016, 02:28:59 pm #55 Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:25:38 am by MuskogeeHogFan
For a historical record (no, not hysterical) :) of QB development and production, here is the Enos file back through Cincinnati.

Central Michigan

2009 (the year prior to Enos' arrival)
Starting QB- Dan Leveour-SR
318-456 (69.7%), 3438 yards, 28 TD's, 7 INT's
Back up QB-Ryan Radcliff-R/Fr
10-21 (47.6%), 115 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT's

2010 (Enos' first year)
Starting QB-Ryan Radcliff-R/So
282-466 (60.5%), 3358 yards, 17 TD's, 17 INT's

2011 (Enos' second year)
Starting QB-Ryan Radcliff-R/Jr
257-453 (56.7%), 3286 yards, 25 TD's, 16 INT's

2012 (Enos' third year)
Starting QB-Ryan Radcliff-R/Sr
242-407 (59.5%), 3163 yards, 23 TD's, 9 INT's

2013 (Enos' fourth year)
Starting QB-Cooper Rush, R/Fr
177-312 (56.7%), 2349 yards, 15 TD's, 15 INT's

2014 (Enos" fifth year)
Starting QB-Cooper Rush, R/So
243-382 (63.6%), 3157 yards, 27 TD's, 13 INT's

Michigan State

2005 (the year prior to Enos' arrival)
Starting QB-Drew Stanton-Jr
236-354 (66.7%), 3077 yards, 22 TD's, 12 INT's

2006 (Enos' only year as QB Coach)
Starting QB-Drew Stanton-Sr
164-269 (60.9%), 1807 yards, 12 TD's, 10 INT's
Back up QB-Brian Hoyer-So
82-144 (56.9%), 863 yards, 4 TD's, 3 INT's

2007-2009 RB's Coach

Cincinnati

2003 (the year prior to Enos' arrival)
Starting QB-Gino Guidugli-Jr.
227-425 (53.4%), 2704 yards, 14 TD's, 10 INT's

2004 (Enos' first year)
Starting QB-Gino Guidugli-Sr.
210-342 (61.4%), 2633 yards, 26 TD's, 8 INT's

2005 (Enos' second year)
Starting QB-Dustin Grutza-R-Fr
168-300 (56.0%), 1799 yards, 11 TD's, 11 INT's
Go Hogs Go!

Hardcore Hoggy

Of course 9-10 wins COULD happen next season, but anyone predicting it is only doing so due to being a fan. In other words, if say Auburn had the exact same situation , personnel, and coaching it is doubtful anyone posting here would say "oh yeah Auburn will probably win 9 next season"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 29, 2016, 08:22:01 am
Of course 9-10 wins COULD happen next season, but anyone predicting it is only doing so due to being a fan. In other words, if say Auburn had the exact same situation , personnel, and coaching it is doubtful anyone posting here would say "oh yeah Auburn will probably win 9 next season"

Thanks for telling why I am thinking this way. I was confused until you set me straight.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 29, 2016, 08:23:29 am
Thanks for telling why I am thinking this way. I was confused until you set me straight.  ;)

My bad, didn't mean to hurt your feelers.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 29, 2016, 08:24:28 am

My bad, didn't mean to hurt your feelers.

Well fellow you did. I cried for an hour.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 29, 2016, 09:10:32 am
Well fellow you did. I cried for an hour.  ;D

I'm sorry, do you need a safe zone?

LULZ safe zone, our poor future generations.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 29, 2016, 09:13:49 am
I'm sorry, do you need a safe zone?

LULZ safe zone, our poor future generations.

Nope I don't need a safe zone as I am man enough to cry in public.  ;D

PORKULATOR

the title of this thread brings back memories of Coach Petrino and his Whore Grad assistant/whatever title she actually had.
Let's hope Coach Enos doesn't experience ANY students,  especially not Sophomores. 
😂😂😂😂
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 26, 2016, 11:24:48 am
I used to do some sexting with a latina years ago....she was freeeeeeaky!

PP
I ended up marrying one.  Best decision I ever made.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

wildturkey8

No, there will not be a sophomore slump for CDE.  QB's will be in their second spring practice with him.  I predict you will see continuity.

PorkSoda

Quote from: wildturkey8 on March 29, 2016, 12:59:32 pm
No, there will not be a sophomore slump for CDE.  QB's will be in their second spring practice with him.  I predict you will see continuity.
continuity? what is this word?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 29, 2016, 03:17:04 pm
continuity? what is this word?

Example: HDN gave us 10 years of mediocrity. He brought continuity to the program.  ;)

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: wildturkey8 on March 29, 2016, 12:59:32 pm

If you look above at Enos' development record with QB's, you can see what he has accomplished with QB's that have been Redshirted and have had several years in the system.
Go Hogs Go!

wildturkey8

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 29, 2016, 04:29:44 pm
Example: HDN gave us 10 years of mediocrity. He brought continuity to the program.  ;)
In this case continuity will be a beautiful thing.