Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Enos experience a Soph

Started by nwahogfan1, March 23, 2016, 07:59:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

down year?   He loses a very good QB, 3 starters on the OL, a very good starting TE and two very good RBs.  Only positives are we will return some very good WRs and a 4th year back up QB?   If any Coach would have excuses to have a bad year it will be him. 

So how much of a drop off do you think he will have?    Can Enos plug enough new players and plays into the offense to average 400+ ypg and 25+ ppg?

Cinco de Hogo

Reality says we will once again start off slow and gain traction during the year.  Based on the losses we suffered and the fact we don't plug in all 4-5 star player you should go into the season expecting some growing pains.  Heck even Alabama has them just not to the degree we might.  However ALL of our early opponents should be in the same boat, so in that context you would hope that Enos himself doesn't experience the sophomore jenks.

DeltaBoy

I expect us to be 4-1 going into BAMA or at worse 3-2.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jackflash

I think it will depend on if has to go with someone other than Allen

VirginiaHog

Quote from: jackflash on March 23, 2016, 08:31:34 am
I think it will depend on if has to go with someone other than Allen
If we go with someone other than Allen, than we wont miss a beat. Because Allen is good and most beleive be is the clear favorite and leader right now. Including me. So if someone is good enough to beat him out, we are doing great.

thefisher

OK .... I had to take a deep breath.

Given the last issues faced by Hog fans with the CBP motorcycle fiasco involving a student I was quiet taken aback to read a title stating, ''WILL ENOS EXPERIENCE A SOPHOMORE".

Glad to see this thread trending toward better areas of discussion!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Hook 'em Hogs

I think he will due to the loss of talent, but not near the degree of our defense this past year.  We have depth in key areas on offense that we apparently just didn't have on defense.  I'm believing we will take another step forward and win 9 or 10 games this year, but it will be mostly because of the defense rather than the offense.  I could see our ppg going down as much as 6 points, but defensively, I can see a huge change in our scoring.  Remember, we gave up almost 50 in three games this year.  I don't think that will happen again. 

OldCoot

We will find out this year whether these slow starts were a fluke or a glimpse of the future.  If it was a fluke, we will have a good year.

There is going to be a learning curve at QB but I think we are stronger at the position than we've ever been.

jjdlc

You have to know there will be a bit of fall off to start the year, we are going to be breaking in a new QB.  However, whoever takes over at QB, will have at least 1 year under Enos, so I expect them to come along quickly. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: thefisher on March 23, 2016, 09:08:39 am

Given the last issues faced by Hog fans with the CBP motorcycle fiasco involving a student I was quiet taken aback to read a title stating, ''WILL ENOS EXPERIENCE A SOPHOMORE".

I agree, it read like a Jared Fogle thing

PP

ricepig

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 23, 2016, 09:57:51 am
I agree, it read like a Jared Fogle thing

PP

No, nothing like that, more like an Urban Cryer thing.

ChitownHawg

March 23, 2016, 05:37:21 pm #11 Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:00:56 pm by ChitownHawg
Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 23, 2016, 07:59:54 am
down year?   He loses a very good QB, 3 starters on the OL, a very good starting TE and two very good RBs.  Only positives are we will return some very good WRs and a 4th year back up QB?   If any Coach would have excuses to have a bad year it will be him. 

So how much of a drop off do you think he will have?    Can Enos plug enough new players and plays into the offense to average 400+ ypg and 25+ ppg?

5 out his last 6 years his offenses have passed for 3,000+. The fours years at CMU he didn't have the studs he has here. He actually inherited a team, iirc, using more of a spread scheme. So the players he inherited didnt fit his style. We do.

That streak may come to an end this year, but I like our chances.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: thefisher on March 23, 2016, 09:08:39 am

Hey I like your topic - care to expound upon it?  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

phadedhawg

Any time you lose a multi year starting QB you have to expect growing pains.  I like our chances next season but I'd feel foolish if I expect the next QB to pick up where Brandon let off...

ChitownHawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 23, 2016, 06:11:46 pm
Any time you lose a multi year starting QB you have to expect growing pains.  I like our chances next season but I'd feel foolish if I expect the next QB to pick up where Brandon let off...

September BA was not the same as November BA. Enos is a true QB Whisperer.  ;)

SooiecidetillNuttgone

95% chance we don't pick up where we left off.
Too many key losses.
I do expect us to still be pretty good though.
I'm pinning this season on a much improved defense.

We won't need to average a google of points if we can hold down the opposing team to a reasonable number.
Hopefully, no more 50+ point shootouts.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

PorkRinds

What I'm hoping is that we are to a level now that even with a young group we can handle our non conference schedule fairly well.  I think we were able to turn it around last year because of experience at key spots. Not sure we survive a start like last year with what experience we lost

Hoggish1

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 23, 2016, 08:30:40 pm
What I'm hoping is that we are to a level now that even with a young group we can handle our non conference schedule fairly well.  I think we were able to turn it around last year because of experience at key spots. Not sure we survive a start like last year with what experience we lost

I agree with you.
We had some solid Seniors last year along with Kirkland, AC, and Henry that been through the wars.
I know we have that some this year, but not as many it seems.
Adversity early could make for an uneven or disappointing season.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

I don't see Enos having a soph year.  Of course, I don't give him the credit for making a great QB out of BA like many do on here.  I think coach Enos is a far better OC than Chaney was.  I still believe Chaney was always trying to call the game like he THOUGHT BB would want it called and not call his game.  Chaney was a square peg in a round hole all the time he was here.  I think Chaney will do better at GA than he ever did here.

Anyway, Enos is dealing with a HC who I believe has learned a lot in his time here.  I think (HOPE) our team is ready to actually play the game of football starting the season this year.  We need to manhandle the rent a wins for confidence. We need to play from the first play of the season like we were down with 3 minutes to play.  If we are up 40-0 with a half quarter to go, we need the seconds and thirds playing like their schollies depend on it.  This team will have lots of green parts and the sooner they mature, the better off our team will be.

If BB will turn Enos loose, I think Enos will have his part of the scheme well oiled, machined just right, with the mental attitude to kick butt instead of playing not to lose.

TCU should tell us a lot.  If La Tech gives us serious trouble, then we may be in for long season with 5 or 6 wins maybe.  If we play TCU into the turf, win or lose, that will tell us a lot.  In any event, I believe Enos will do his part.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: 12247 on March 23, 2016, 09:14:43 pm
I don't see Enos having a soph year.  Of course, I don't give him the credit for making a great QB out of BA like many do on here.  I think coach Enos is a far better OC than Chaney was.  I still believe Chaney was always trying to call the game like he THOUGHT BB would want it called and not call his game.  Chaney was a square peg in a round hole all the time he was here.  I think Chaney will do better at GA than he ever did here.

Anyway, Enos is dealing with a HC who I believe has learned a lot in his time here.  I think (HOPE) our team is ready to actually play the game of football starting the season this year.  We need to manhandle the rent a wins for confidence. We need to play from the first play of the season like we were down with 3 minutes to play.  If we are up 40-0 with a half quarter to go, we need the seconds and thirds playing like their schollies depend on it.  This team will have lots of green parts and the sooner they mature, the better off our team will be.

If BB will turn Enos loose, I think Enos will have his part of the scheme well oiled, machined just right, with the mental attitude to kick butt instead of playing not to lose.

TCU should tell us a lot.  If La Tech gives us serious trouble, then we may be in for long season with 5 or 6 wins maybe.  If we play TCU into the turf, win or lose, that will tell us a lot.  In any event, I believe Enos will do his part.

That happened last season. Both of them said CBB told Enos to call the game the way he thought he should. I believe CBB feels comfortable with that because Enos' philosophy is close to his. As you say unlike Chaney. Not a knock on Chaney - just his philosophy is different than CBB's.

So the leash has been off CDE for a while now.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 24, 2016, 05:47:46 am
That happened last season. Both of them said CBB told Enos to call the game the way he thought he should. I believe CBB feels comfortable with that because Enos' philosophy is close to his. As you say unlike Chaney. Not a knock on Chaney - just his philosophy is different than CBB's.

So the leash has been off CDE for a while now.

I agree the leash is off and I believe that's the way Bielema wants it with his coordinators. I don't think it's nessasarily because the actual playcalling philosophy is the same because I highly doubt CBB would call a similar game.  CBB would still want the RB's dominating the game.  CDE probably doesn't care as much which way it goes as long as he wins.  CDE probably wants a 3000 TD passer just as much as CBB wants two 1000 yd rb's.   Just as long as it works for them and the team we will be fine however a particular game is called.  It should be called to win that particular game not just to stick to a certain philosophy.

wholehog92

I think realistically our offense will struggle early.  New QB, new RBs, 3/5 of a new line.  About the only thing the same is our WRs.  We have talent to fill the spots, but they have to get together on how they will function as a unit on every play they run.  That takes a minute.

I'm hoping our defense will cover for that early in the year.  That's where most of our experience is, so they should lead the team and set an example.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: 12247 on March 23, 2016, 09:14:43 pm

Coming from a Michigan State back ground and already calling plays at Central Michigan like he was coached while playing there don't you think Enos fit in with CBB much better?  And so he was not like Chaney trying to fit in?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 24, 2016, 08:21:12 am
I agree the leash is off and I believe that's the way Bielema wants it with his coordinators. I don't think it's nessasarily because the actual playcalling philosophy is the same because I highly doubt CBB would call a similar game.  CBB would still want the RB's dominating the game.  CDE probably doesn't care as much which way it goes as long as he wins.  CDE probably wants a 3000 TD passer just as much as CBB wants two 1000 yd rb's.   Just as long as it works for them and the team we will be fine however a particular game is called.  It should be called to win that particular game not just to stick to a certain philosophy.

Actually CBB's Badger running game was so dominant that many people believed he didn't like to pass. With QBs not named Wilson his offenses still threw for over 2500 yards most years. When he had Wilson it was over 3000.

And CDE had a 1000 yard rusher most seasons. While looking at his team stats one thing that jumped out at me was the number of players with rushing yards each year. He always had his 1000 yard back, but others were running the ball as well. It seems he do like to run.

hogsanity

He may experience a drop off due to having a new QB, but what this QB will have over most new qbs the hogs have had to break in over the last 20 years is this QB will have a stable of talent and experience at WR. Just go back to BB's 1st season to see the difference. Allen was coming in with very little experience, and he was throwing to....... Herndodn, Hatcher and Henry, the latter 2 were a soph and a fr. This Qb will be throwing to Hatcher, Sprinkle, Morgan, Reed, Cornelius, Hollister plus maybe a couple of new guys. Really the only receiver they lost was Henry ( a big loss no doubt ) but that is a while lot of talent and experience coming back.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

gmarv

I expect there to be a drop off just (hopefully) not that much. the defense will have to give our offense time to gel early on.

ChitownHawg

March 24, 2016, 11:23:51 am #27 Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:13:59 pm by ChitownHawg
Quote from: gmarv on March 24, 2016, 11:13:31 am
I expect there to be a drop off just (hopefully) not that much. the defense will have to give our offense time to gel early on.

We may have some drop off. The critical question is which team are we dropping off from? November or September?

If November then we will be fine. If September then fasten your seat belts, place your trays in the upright position as this is going to be a turbulent ride.

Arthur pigby sellers.

I seriously doubt our offense will be as good as last year after losing most of the line,  starting QB and running back.  If it's as good as last year, then Enos needs to become the highest paid offense coordinator in college.  Not that that would keep him here with the HC opportunities he would get offered.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on March 24, 2016, 03:50:08 pm
I seriously doubt our offense will be as good as last year after losing most of the line,  starting QB and running back.  If it's as good as last year, then Enos needs to become the highest paid offense coordinator in college.  Not that that would keep him here with the HC opportunities he would get offered.

Probably crazy talk, but I'm hoping he got a taste of HCing and has decided it's not for him.

Could be coach speak, but finally found this:

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Dan-Enos-Being-a-head-coach-is-not-all-its-cracked-up-to-be

"At one point in my career, I wanted to be a head coach, and that was the whole thing I dreamed about and talked about," Enos said. "I've been a head coach. The one thing I'll say about a head coach: It's not all it's cracked up to be. I had a coach tell me one that, one time, a very successful NFL head coach told him that. 'Remember, it's not all it's cracked up to be.' That hit home with me.

"To be honest with you, my family and I left for this opportunity. I really haven't thought too much beyond. I just would like to be here and be at Arkansas and be the coordinator for many years. Beyond that, I don't have any other further aspirations, other than to help this program get better and do my part to help our team win a championship."
His response to me:

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ErieHog

The short answer is yes.

YOu don't lose a ton of experience at QB, replace it with relative inexperience, and not miss a beat.

Come October, we will have threads all over the board bemoaning the changes to our offensive playcalling, when the entire difference will simply be the productivity of the same kind of playcalling with less experienced QBs. 

It'll be a lot like our defense last year taking a step back--  it need not be as big of one, but there will be a visible regression.
No cause, ever, in the history of all mankind, has produced more cold-blooded tyrants, more slaughtered innocents, and more orphans than socialism with power. It surpassed, exponentially, all other systems of production in turning out the dead. The bodies are all around us. And here is the problem: No one talks about them. No one honors them. No one does penance for them. No one has committed suicide for having been an apologist for those who did this to them. No one pays for them. No one is hunted down to account for them. It is exactly what Solzhenitsyn foresaw in The Gulag Archipelago: "No, no one would have to answer. No one would be looked into." Until that happens, there is no "after socialism."

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 24, 2016, 05:47:46 am
Both of them said CBB told Enos to call the game the way he thought he should.

Enos actually calls a game pretty close to what I would probably call if I were a coach. I may use more two-back sets than he does, but that is most likely because I am more familiar with them. Anyway, I do like a run-heavy offense.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on March 24, 2016, 07:28:28 pm
Enos actually calls a game pretty close to what I would probably call if I were a coach. I may use more two-back sets than he does, but that is most likely because I am more familiar with them. Anyway, I do like a run-heavy offense.

The second half of last year was nearly perfect for our offense, if we can accomplish 70% of that, we'll be fine.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on March 24, 2016, 07:34:34 pm
The second half of last year was nearly perfect for our offense, if we can accomplish 70% of that, we'll be fine.

I think we will have some serious growing pains at the quarterback position, but for some reason I think we will be better overall. Bielema's "uncommon" thing seems to have put me in my place again. I thought it sounded corny when he first said it, but now I think he may have something. He very well may have recruited kids that are completely able to step up and play as well or better than the one's before them.

I will go long and say we win nine games this year.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on March 24, 2016, 07:28:28 pm

But could you leave the blonde intern alone? That is the bigger question.  ;)

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 24, 2016, 09:18:39 pm
But could you leave the blonde intern alone? That is the bigger question.  ;)

Possibly. But if she were a black-headed, brown-eyed Latina, I would be in big trouble.  :P

Last night I had a phone call and didn't really finish my post. As for the two-back sets, I have several reasons why I am more comfortable with them. One, and certainly not the least, is that I would be a little more hesitant than some to ask my big ol' offensive linemen to do things that they may not be quite physically suited to do.....like chasing down LB's. Personally, and especially with the SEC's DL's, I want all my big meat on their big meat. Having a big FB would be ideal, but not really a complete necessity. Give me a 5'10" 225lb kid with fairly quick feet and a real nasty streak and I'd be ok with it.

Another reason, and possibly the biggest, is that I believe RB's are so very underused in the passing game these days it is ridiculous....at least in college ball. Other than the occasional wheel route you just don't see any RB's involved in the downfield passing schemes of today's football. A quick running back shooting out of the backfield on a skinny post route is a tough matchup for most linebackers and it creates a hole in the mid level of the defense. Even if he is picked up by a DB, that leaves the other three to have to handle your TE/WR's. The defense, in turn, would maybe start running nickel packages, which would give your running game a big advantage..... and the running game is your bread and butter in the first place. And if the defense starts blitzing more in an attempt to keep your running backs in the backfield, I believe that would open up the underneath routes for your TE's.

I know that even a lazy, below average SEC DC could watch 10 minutes of film on my idea of offense and tear my ass up on Saturday. But it is where I would start. I have always been curious to know what a top-notch play-caller like Petrino (and who knows, Enos may turn out to be just as good) would think about this.

Thoughts anyone? Chitown?

hoghevn

Don't forget, Brandon Allen was HORRIBLE the first part of last year and everyone was wanting him benched.  BA's turnaround was ALL Enos, unlike what "12247" said in his above post.  BA's younger brother, has had some game time and isn't "unknown" to the situation he's going to be in.  Is he "experienced", NO, but he's in a better position that most new starters coming in for the first time.  Plus, he's learned a lot from Enos being there a year coaching big brother.....  Yes, the offense has lost a lot, but it had gained in areas previously weak in - namely, the receiving core.  I just think, we're looking at an offense that will have growing pains, but, given the opponents early on, we'll be pretty evenly matched offense vs defense and our defense will I think be better than the opposing offenses and be able to help us out immensely.  Then when we hit the meat of our schedule we'll really find out, how far set back we are on offense - & I believe that's when we'll learn how the season goes.......
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

edt

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on March 25, 2016, 06:48:09 am
Possibly. But if she were a black-headed, brown-eyed Latina, I would be in big trouble.  :P

Last night I had a phone call and didn't really finish my post. As for the two-back sets, I have several reasons why I am more comfortable with them. One, and certainly not the least, is that I would be a little more hesitant than some to ask my big ol' offensive linemen to do things that they may not be quite physically suited to do.....like chasing down LB's. Personally, and especially with the SEC's DL's, I want all my big meat on their big meat. Having a big FB would be ideal, but not really a complete necessity. Give me a 5'10" 225lb kid with fairly quick feet and a real nasty streak and I'd be ok with it.

Another reason, and possibly the biggest, is that I believe RB's are so very underused in the passing game these days it is ridiculous....at least in college ball. Other than the occasional wheel route you just don't see any RB's involved in the downfield passing schemes of today's football. A quick running back shooting out of the backfield on a skinny post route is a tough matchup for most linebackers and it creates a hole in the mid level of the defense. Even if he is picked up by a DB, that leaves the other three to have to handle your TE/WR's. The defense, in turn, would maybe start running nickel packages, which would give your running game a big advantage..... and the running game is your bread and butter in the first place. And if the defense starts blitzing more in an attempt to keep your running backs in the backfield, I believe that would open up the underneath routes for your TE's.

I know that even a lazy, below average SEC DC could watch 10 minutes of film on my idea of offense and tear my ass up on Saturday. But it is where I would start. I have always been curious to know what a top-notch play-caller like Petrino (and who knows, Enos may turn out to be just as good) would think about this.

Thoughts anyone? Chitown?

I leave the latina commenting for others.  ;)

I do hope we throw more to our RBs this year. If for no other reason than to help them when they go to the draft. I found it sad JWill and AC had to prove during the Combine and Pro Day that they could catch. Could cost them a few spots in the draft.

Plus I want to see a DB in the flat take on KW, DW, RW. After they pancake them the DB maybe screaming for some help from the safeties. Or can you imagine Duwop staying in and then sliding through the line to catch the ball over the middle after the LBs have vacated the space. With a 5 yard cushion he could be dangerous.

nwahogfan1

Chitown, I too wonder why we don't use our RBs more in the passing game.  My only answer I can give myself is Enos is waiting until he has a scat back or two to throw to.  A back who can make the catch, make the first guy miss and go for some real chunk yards.

Pork Twain

March 25, 2016, 09:05:54 am #41 Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:06:40 am by Pork Twain
I say we start off strong and stay that way.  This the second year in the system for most.

Is a Soph slump even a thing for coaches or just something Hogville needs to worry about?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 25, 2016, 08:42:33 am
I leave the latina commenting for others.  ;)

I do hope we throw more to our RBs this year. If for no other reason than to help them when they go to the draft. I found it sad JWill and AC had to prove during the Combine and Pro Day that they could catch. Could cost them a few spots in the draft.

Plus I want to see a DB in the flat take on KW, DW, RW. After they pancake them the DB maybe screaming for some help from the safeties. Or can you imagine Duwop staying in and then sliding through the line to catch the ball over the middle after the LBs have vacated the space. With a 5 yard cushion he could be dangerous.

Exactly, I would love to see Mitchell streak out of the backfield and chip a tackle or an end then head straight down the field and see what happens. Get that big old boy moving and he would be hard to handle for any safety. I just don't understand why coaches don't do this more often. It was fairly common back in my heyday,  but the game has gone so vertical it must have been left aside.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on March 25, 2016, 09:22:38 am
Exactly, I would love to see Mitchell streak out of the backfield and chip a tackle or an end then head straight down the field and see what happens. Get that big old boy moving and he would be hard to handle for any safety. I just don't understand why coaches don't do this more often. It was fairly common back in my heyday,  but the game has gone so vertical it must have been left aside.

I wonder how much, if any, they practice it? Last season it seemed every time AC pulled for a screen he was too deep to make the play effective. He would always be tackled from behind.

I would love to hear Enos' take on this as he has proven to me to be one heck of an offensive mind. And loves to use all the tools available to him.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 25, 2016, 08:55:28 am
Chitown, I too wonder why we don't use our RBs more in the passing game.  My only answer I can give myself is Enos is waiting until he has a scat back or two to throw to.  A back who can make the catch, make the first guy miss and go for some real chunk yards.
This may not be a great reason, but I thought Alex and Cody were pretty  good at past blocking and picking up the blitz. They seemed  to help by Brandon Allen buy quite a bit of time.  This may have influenced coaches decision to keep them in the backfield on passing downs.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on March 25, 2016, 03:50:07 pm
This may not be a great reason, but I thought Alex and Cody were pretty  good at past blocking and picking up the blitz. They seemed  to help by Brandon Allen buy quite a bit of time.  This may have influenced coaches decision to keep them in the backfield on passing downs.

That seems like a logical conclusion. If it is correct then let's hope our Andersen teaches the line techniques so our backs can be a part of the passing game.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 25, 2016, 08:55:28 am

That might be why they are excited about Hammond.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LZH on March 25, 2016, 06:48:09 am

You and me both, LZH!
His response to me:

LZH

GolfnHog

Quote from: LZH on March 26, 2016, 12:03:29 am
Some gals are worth ruining a career over....

Bro LZH you and I hold the same reverence for the Latinas. It's Proof that you're in FL!!! I got that feelin back in the late 70's when I moved to Texas and realized what I had been missing as a youth in AR
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"