Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State of the Union-Arkansas

Started by ricepig, March 11, 2016, 02:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Ok, it's SDS, so take it for what it's worth. I don't agree with the C rating on the facilities, but the other is close enough.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/state-union-2016-arkansas-razorbacks/

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 11, 2016, 02:51:48 pm
Ok, it's SDS, so take it for what it's worth. I don't agree with the C rating on the facilities, but the other is close enough.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/state-union-2016-arkansas-razorbacks/
I totally agree. While I realize a lot of the grades offered are subjective to begin with, to rate the facilitates  an overall "C" is crap. Just listen to recruit after recruit talk about the amazing facilities and resources we have. Remember too that many of these kids have seen a number of top notch programs around the country and have excellent samples with which to compare our layout and buildings. While there are obvious areas for improvement, I seriously doubt any program couldn't have the same said about their own. A joke.

choppedporkextrasauce

It's written by tards, and that's what it's worth.

B501

author obviously clueless about the Jerry & Gene Jones Family Student Athlete Success Center :razorback:

DeltaBoy

I agree we are going to be ok.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

One would have to assume that if someone were going to grade the facilities of any school as it compares to any other team or group of teams in the conference, it would be necessary to have had a recent full and complete tour of each schools facilities. When was the last time that Chris Wuensch had a full and total tour of the Arkansas facilities, let alone the facilities of every other school?
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 11, 2016, 05:11:16 pm
One would have to assume that if someone were going to grade the facilities of any school as it compares to any other team or group of teams in the conference, it would be necessary to have had a recent full and complete tour of each schools facilities. When was the last time that Chris Wuensch had a full and total tour of the Arkansas facilities, let alone the facilities of every other school?

Third of Noctober.

bphi11ips

Looked to me like "facilities" translated to "stadium" to that author.  Compared to upper tier SEC stadiums, C is about right for RRS, maybe C+.  The development facilities are probably comparatively better, but Wuensch only saw 72,000 and moved on. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 11, 2016, 05:55:36 pm
Looked to me like "facilities" translated to "stadium" to that author.  Compared to upper tier SEC stadiums, C is about right for RRS, maybe C+.  The development facilities are probably comparatively better, but Wuensch only saw 72,000 and moved on. 

No doubt, these "bloggers" on SDS just rehash what someone has tweeted out, or linked an article to. I gave up trying to correct them, I don't have enough time.

Hoggish1

Wow, do they ever not know what they're talking about.

thebignasty

ChitownHawg

It's just an opinion. Just because someone has ESPN Analyst after their name doesn't mean they have anymore knowledge of a program than SDS. Blogs and tweets have become legitimate tools for journalists.  Hence the degradation of the profession. There are still some journalists around who believe in verification of the details, yet many think the most important thing is being the first to tweet.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

PorkSoda

I dont think it was meant to be a doctoral thesis.  overall I thought it was complimentary of what we have to look forward to.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

razorback44

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 11, 2016, 05:55:36 pm

This.  Also, there are some very, very nice stadiums now in the SEC and truthfully we have fallen to the middle or the back of the pack when it comes to just the stadium.  Hence, the reason we are beginning the process of upgrading.  Every other team in the SECW but us and Auburn have upgraded their stadium in the last few years.  We'll move up one we've done our upgrade but for now C is probably a good rating.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Nashville Fan

30,000 fewer seats X $50 per ticket X 7 games a season + concessions is about $13,000,000 that we spot Alabama, Texas AM, LSU and Auburn every year in Revenue. Tough to make that ground up financially. That does not even address the recruiting advantage of having the equivalent to DRR stadium and BW arena packed to the roof cheering at the same time. It's impressive.
Pittman or Bust!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Nashville Fan

Murphy High schools in TX is building a 65Million dollar stadium. MS ST, MS, Vandy and WM will not be as big or nice. Compared to some high school stadiums that the top high school athletes play in, AR stadiums maybe a C over all.
Pittman or Bust!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Nashville Fan on March 18, 2016, 07:31:20 am
Murphy High schools in TX is building a 65Million dollar stadium. MS ST, MS, Vandy and WM will not be as big or nice. Compared to some high school stadiums that the top high school athletes play in, AR stadiums maybe a C over all.

This is crap.  There may be 5 or 6 schools across the country that play (in HS) in anything that approaches an SEC stadium.  Note, I said "approaches", because they are all much smaller in capacity and overall amenities.  That means that 99.99% play in something dramatically smaller/less impressive.

southarkhog06

If you are a high school that is building a $65mil stadium you have your priorities all mixed up.

RT1941

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 11, 2016, 05:11:16 pm
Has the UA BOT approved the $160mm stadium renovation/expansion project?
RazorTusk!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: RT1941 on March 23, 2016, 11:05:08 am
Has the UA BOT approved the $160mm stadium renovation/expansion project?

The final project hasn't come back to them, Long is still raising money and finalizing the design/project.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: southarkhog06 on March 23, 2016, 10:55:38 am
If you are a high school that is building a $65mil stadium you have your priorities all mixed up.

The few high schools that do have these type facilities they were paid for with donations, not school money.

But yeah, as a parent if you donate to build such a thing, rethink your priorities

ricepig

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 23, 2016, 11:31:07 am

The few high schools that do have these type facilities they were paid for with donations, not school money.

But yeah, as a parent if you donate to build such a thing, rethink your priorities

Don't think so.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/109601379-story
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/08/60-million-high-school-football-stadium/

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: ricepig on March 23, 2016, 12:02:04 pm
Don't think so.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/109601379-story
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/08/60-million-high-school-football-stadium/

So , taxpayers themselves directly voting to pay more in local taxes to specifically fund a stadium bothers you why?

Now, I'm not arguing that it isn't stupid to build such a stadium, it is, but fundamentally how is voters voting to issue a  local bond any different than those same people raising private donations? Either way the stadium is locally funded.

ricepig

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on March 23, 2016, 12:37:49 pm
So , taxpayers themselves directly voting to pay more in local taxes to specifically fund a stadium bothers you why?

Now, I'm not arguing that it isn't stupid to build such a stadium, it is, but fundamentally how is voters voting to issue a  local bond any different than those same people raising private donations? Either way the stadium is locally funded.

It doesn't bother me at all, but it wasn't "donations", now was it? I wouldn't have a chance not to donate, if they raise my taxes, now would I?

southarkhog06

doesn't bother me, but does support my "mixed up priorities" theory.

DeltaBoy

With a few Breaks we could win the West this year or finish 3rd/
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 23, 2016, 10:42:44 am
This is crap.  There may be 5 or 6 schools across the country that play (in HS) in anything that approaches an SEC stadium.  Note, I said "approaches", because they are all much smaller in capacity and overall amenities.  That means that 99.99% play in something dramatically smaller/less impressive.
been to Dallas tx high schools stadiums and Vandy stadium many times. I don't agree with you
Pittman or Bust!

BadHog

FACILITIES
SEC Standing: Improving

Grade: C

Eliminating 100 parking spots close to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in a place nicknamed "The Hill" sounds painful, but if the university's athletic department gets its way, the area surrounding Arkansas' home is going to get much, much nicer.

That's courtesy of a $160 million proposal lobbed on the desk of the Arkansas Board of Trustees in late January to renovate the Hogs' pen, replete with an addition to the stadium's north end zone

This [CENSORED] is a blogger. Doesn't have a clue about the facilities. It is the pit that is losing some of its parking spots.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Inhogswetrust

Not all tax payers would want to pay that extra tax and shouldn't because it doesn't necessarily help the majority of the whole community. It's not like a tax to improve schools or infrastructure or police and fire protection, etc.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Nashville Fan on March 23, 2016, 02:41:25 pm
been to Dallas tx high schools stadiums and Vandy stadium many times. I don't agree with you

Heck there are a couple of High School stadiums in Arkansas that are as nice as Vandy's. Maybe not as big but just as nice.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 23, 2016, 06:41:50 pm
Heck there are a couple of High School stadiums in Arkansas that are as nice as Vandy's. Maybe not as big but just as nice.
i wasn't even really talking nice. I haven't been in a stadium as Bad as War Memorial since we moved to TX. Compared to other SEC stadiums that I have seen in person (all but MO, SC and FL) I would give DRR a B- for size and and A for nice. WM is a C for size and a D for nice. C+ average for both AR stadiums.
Pittman or Bust!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 23, 2016, 06:55:13 pm

where all the brown people at?

Working. They ain't going to let some people of color mess up their good thing. [sarcasm off]  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Nashville Fan

Ok maybe only the top 5% of high school players have played in the crazy high schools stadiums. What % of the top players play in SEC? 75%? They have all played in these stadiums. Heck the jenks Union game has drawn up to 40K and that union stadium only cost 2 million.
Pittman or Bust!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 23, 2016, 06:41:50 pm

Vandy is an outlier, in terms of facilities; no one considers them representative of the SEC, or even any Big 5 conference.  They are grandfathered in, and that's the only reason they are part of the SEC at this point.  Everyone knows that.

And I live in DFW, so I've seen Allen's stadium and some of the others.  I still stand by my statement that 99.9% of all HS stadiums around the country (and there are probably 10,000 of them) can't compare to anything in the SEC.

And, by the way . . . lest we forget . . . the original statement was that I was responding to was "Compared to some high school stadiums that the top high school athletes play in, AR stadiums maybe a C over all."

There isn't a HS stadium in the country that bears comparison to DWRRS.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 25, 2016, 11:20:25 am
Vandy is an outlier, in terms of facilities; no one considers them representative of the SEC, or even any Big 5 conference.  They are grandfathered in, and that's the only reason they are part of the SEC at this point.  Everyone knows that.

And I live in DFW, so I've seen Allen's stadium and some of the others.  I still stand by my statement that 99.9% of all HS stadiums around the country (and there are probably 10,000 of them) can't compare to anything in the SEC.

And, by the way . . . lest we forget . . . the original statement was that I was responding to was "Compared to some high school stadiums that the top high school athletes play in, AR stadiums maybe a C over all."

There isn't a HS stadium in the country that bears comparison to DWRRS.
but there are two stadiums in AR and one brings the other way down. 75% of the high schools within 50 miles of downtown Dallas have stadiums that kids would rather play in than WM. I think the Fayetteville stadium is one of the nicest in the SEC would be in the top 5 if it were 25k bigger
Pittman or Bust!

Nashville Fan

I would also rather go to 10 games at Vandy than one game at Starkville.
Pittman or Bust!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Nashville Fan on March 24, 2016, 09:20:22 pm
Ok maybe only the top 5% of high school players have played in the crazy high schools stadiums. What % of the top players play in SEC? 75%? They have all played in these stadiums. Heck the jenks Union game has drawn up to 40K and that union stadium only cost 2 million.

But the Union-Jenks game is played in TU's Chapman Stadium and has a reported capacity of 30,000. I have seen that stadium pretty full when Union and Jenks play but rarely an overflow crowd. Probably the closest they come to max capacity is when OU comes to town to play TU.
Go Hogs Go!

daBoar

Quote from: Nashville Fan on March 25, 2016, 04:11:50 pm
I would also rather go to 10 games at Vandy than one game at Starkville.
Vandy has a nice little stadium, always plenty of available seats, and plenty of nearby parking.  I love going there.

razorback44

Quote from: BadHog on March 23, 2016, 04:28:02 pm
FACILITIES
SEC Standing: Improving

Grade: C

Eliminating 100 parking spots close to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in a place nicknamed "The Hill" sounds painful, but if the university's athletic department gets its way, the area surrounding Arkansas' home is going to get much, much nicer.

That's courtesy of a $160 million proposal lobbed on the desk of the Arkansas Board of Trustees in late January to renovate the Hogs' pen, replete with an addition to the stadium's north end zone

This [CENSORED] is a blogger. Doesn't have a clue about the facilities. It is the pit that is losing some of its parking spots.

That's not what he is saying. He's stating that losing parking close to the stadium on a campus know as The Hill is a bad thing. He's implying that you're going to have to park further away and walk up a hill to get to the game.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

ricepig

Quote from: razorback44 on March 26, 2016, 11:21:37 am
That's not what he is saying. He's stating that losing parking close to the stadium on a campus know as The Hill is a bad thing. He's implying that you're going to have to park further away and walk up a hill to get to the game.

Doesn't he know that we are going to build down a parking garage, about 4 levels in the "Pit", estimated cost, $1.2b, haha.

Oh, and Pryor says this is ok, because it's parking for the students, except on game weekends......

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: daBoar on March 26, 2016, 10:49:09 am
Vandy has a nice little stadium, always plenty of available seats, and plenty of nearby parking.  I love going there.
and some steep ass steps

PP

LZH

I remember seeing this project on online Dodge reports several years ago. It was a cluster*. The architect and or the contractor screwed up and each one blamed the other. There were structural problems that could have caused failures which halted the project until corrections were made, and it dragged the project out for months and months. In other words, corners were cut and load-bearing structural members were half-assed. AIAHog (hope I got your name right buddy) on here is an architect, and he could tell you a lot more about it than I could.

Now if a few wealthy oil men want to get together and build a stadium like this, more power to them. But the way it was done was ridiculous.