Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 2 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (1-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-1, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 16, 2018, 08:08:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Kjerstad trying to battle out of that early season slump as he is mired at an .833 average.

CJ HOG

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 17, 2018, 01:03:10 pm
They won't have much left in the bullpen tomorrow.

Not sure they had much in the BP when they got to town yesterday, if you know what I mean...

Tony Perkis

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 17, 2018, 01:05:45 pm
Kjerstad trying to battle out of that early season slump as he is mired at an .833 average.
Perfect opportunity for 4 RBIs and he only got 2...freshman mistake.

PeabodyHawg

The Rav 4 commercial is me.  One trip from the back of the RV to the house regardless of the number of bags.

CJ HOG

Campbell stepping out to throw a few to stay loose during this long 1/2 inning.

Tony Perkis

Wisco Pig

McFarland bats with Hogs on 1st and 2nd and two outs.  He's the only hitless Hog today.

McFarland gets ahead 3-0 and then walks.

Beer hats once again as the bases are loaded.

JHicks3636

If they are the best in their conference, it would seem to say one of two things or maybe both. Their conference is really bad or we are really good. I think the latter is certainly going to be true.

CJ HOG

Wisco Pig

Shaddy is next.   He has a homer and a walk.

Carson gets to a 2-2 count and then doubles to right-center to clear the bases!

16-1, Hogs.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Maddhog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 17, 2018, 01:05:45 pm

Hope he doesn't lose his spot.   We can't have any mediocrity this season. 
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Wisco Pig

Martin fouls out to end the inning.

16-1, Hogs, after only three innings.

ucahogfan

Shaddy needs to learn to start pulling the ball. Both of his HRs and that crushed double have been oppo.

PeabodyHawg

If we can do a better job of getting runs across the plate then we could be somewhat competitive this season.

CJ HOG

So close to the Grandy... Shaddy with 8 rbi's already in this young season...from the bottom of the order no less.

Our offense is ridiculous!

Wisco Pig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 17, 2018, 12:39:48 pm
Pitiful Wisco. All those homers and you could only get 9 runs in 2 innings. I got 10 in 2 yesterday with only 1 homer. This team has to pick it up with the bats early in games.

Take that, JHicks!

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 4th                   16

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell         1| 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 1  | 2   
Arkansas        3| 6 | 7 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  16|  11| 0  | 2   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Tony Perkis

I think it's safe to say Shaddy enjoys hitting the ball the other way.

Wisco Pig

Rawlings, the 3B, opens the 4th for Bucknell.   Let's see if that long inning affects Campbell.

Wisco Pig

Tony Perkis

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 17, 2018, 01:12:57 pm
Shaddy needs to learn to start pulling the ball. Both of his HRs and that crushed double have been oppo.
As a senior, you would think he would have learned how to pull the ball by now.

Maddhog

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on February 17, 2018, 01:13:22 pm
If we can do a better job of getting runs across the plate then we could be somewhat competitive this season.

30 runs in 12 innings is somewhat unacceptable. 

Wisco Pig

Tony Perkis

Wisco Pig

Moore, the DH, bats next.   He's 0-1 on the day.

Moore strikes out swinging.   Two outs.

Maddhog

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 17, 2018, 01:16:50 pm
2.5 runs per inning will only win you so many innings.

We'll get better.  The freshmen need to learn to contribute, especially the Swede. 

PeabodyHawg

Can the baseball team send some of their MoJo a couple of miles north to BWA in an hour and a half?

Wisco Pig

Hartman, the RF, bats with one on and two out.  He gets ahead in the count, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, and then walks.

2 on, 2 out.

Wisco Pig

Baumann flies out to Cole in RF on the first pitch.

The Bison don't score.

To the bottom of the 4th -- Hogs up, 16-1.

CJ HOG

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 4th                   16

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell         1| 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  3  | 1  | 4   
Arkansas        3| 6 | 7 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  16|  11| 0  | 2   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Tony Perkis

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on February 17, 2018, 01:20:25 pm
Can the baseball team send some of their MoJo a couple of miles north to BWA in an hour and a half?
Seconded.

JHicks3636

For those of you who want to know. The all-time Arkansas record for runs in a game is 33 scored against Southwest Baptist in 1984. The most runs we ever scored in an inning was 14 against St. Louis in 2010. In that Southwest Baptist game we also set the hits in a game record with 32.

Wisco Pig

Cole gets ahead, 2-1, then works the count full, and then walks.

I mean, I realize Bucknell doesn't want to pitch to us, but c'mon.

Wisco Pig

CJ HOG

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 17, 2018, 01:30:00 pm
Cole gets ahead, 2-1, then works the count full, and then walks.

I mean, I realize Bucknell doesn't want to pitch to us, but c'mon.

Yep, free baserunners are a pitcher's worst enemy imo.

Wisco Pig

Fletcher doubles to right center and gets a 5th RBI on the day.

17-1, Hogs.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

JHicks3636

As for walks, the record in a game is 19 against Alabama A&M in 2013. We have 11 so far today in under 4 innings.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Wild pitch!   Everyone moves up a base and another run scores.

18-1.