Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 1 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (0-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-0, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 14, 2018, 06:27:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ HOG

BroyledNutts

Sportsnutt9

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 16, 2018, 03:17:32 pm
Who hits the first jack off the year?

I'm going with Koch

I would love to see that, but could see being Fletcher as well.

BroyledNutts

JHicks3636

Fletcher bats with Biggers on first base, takes ball 1, couple of tosses to 1B, 2-0, 2-1 swinging on a ball outside, throw to 1B, flies out to right, 1 gone

JHicks3636

Cole bats with Biggers still on first, 1-0, another throw to 1B, 1-1 looking,  2 more throws to 1B, 1-2 looking, fouled off with the runner going, lines to left for a single, 2 on, 1 out

JHicks3636

Bonfield now the hitter with men on 1st and 2nd, 0-1 looking, 0-2 looking, Ks swinging, 2 away

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

JHicks3636

Freshman Kjerstad bats with a chance to do damage in his first college at-bat, takes ball 1, 1-1 looking, singles to right and Biggers scores

1-0 Hogs

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 16, 2018, 03:29:47 pm
Freshman Kjerstad bats with a chance to do damage in his first college at-bat, takes ball 1, 1-1 looking, singles to right and Biggers scores

1-0 Hogs

WPS!
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

SPAL

razorbackfan86

ucahogfan

trippigs

JHicks3636

Lee bats with runners now on the corners and takes ball 1, 2-0, 3-0, walks and the bases are juiced for Koch

CJ HOG

SPAL

JHicks3636

razorbackfan86

JHicks3636

Koch, with the fans wearing the bases loaded hats, balk puts runners at 2nd and 3rd so off come the hats, 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 for 7 straight balls, then a strike to make it 3-1, walks and bases are loaded for Gates.

SPAL

razorbackfan86

CJ HOG

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Gates bats with the fans back in their hats, 0-1 looking, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 , walks for the rbi

3-0 Arkansas

JHicks3636

Bacons Rebellion

I got home and everything turned on just in time for Kjerstad's base it.

I'm excited about this season.

JHicks3636

Shaddy is the 9th batter in the inning and the bases are still loaded, 0-1 fouled off, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, foul to go 3-2, walks for another rbi

4-0 Arkansas

Wisco Pig

CJ HOG

SPAL

Just throw strikes. If we hit it, we hit it. Your defense can't help you when you walk guys.....cmon

PeabodyHawg

Hope Van Hoose has a good rest of the season.  Tough start for the young man.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JHicks3636

Biggers bats for the 2nd time in the inning, this time with the bases loaded, 1-0, 1-1 on the foul, 2-1, 2-2 on another foul, 3-2, flies out to right

4-0 Hogs after 1 full

Sportsnutt9

Very true. You can have the best defense in the world, but no defense ever has been able to stop a walk.

JHicks3636

razorbackfan86

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 2nd                   4

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell        0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1   
Arkansas      4  |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  3  | 0  | 3   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

CJ HOG

Not a bad start to bat around in your first inning of the season. WPS!

jst01

Yea, even when hitting, innings like that make me cringe and almost hope for an out to keep the game moving!

PeabodyHawg

Good catch to save crooked numbers in the first......ok I've felt bad enough for Bucknell....bury their ass Hogs!

AHiD

How long do you guys think Blaine stays in, if things keep going as they are now?
My name...is Jerruh

rljjr

Man, way for Kjerstad to start his career first at bat!  Baseball is back!

For a split second I thought the Bucknell outfielders were going to collide. That would have been gnarly.

ricepig

Man, the SEC Network+ is a good 2 minutes behind. I was watching it and flipped through my twitter timeline, it told my about Shaddy's walk before he got in the box, lol. Good inning, hopefully they get someone in there to throw strikes, we need swings.

pigture perfect

I still haven't forgiven Bucknell for knocking our Basketballers out of the tourney a few years back. Keep rolling boys.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JHicks3636

Klugerman starts 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, foul tip and Koch couldn't hold it, 3-2, foul tip again, grounds out to 1B

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 16, 2018, 03:48:48 pm
How long do you guys think Blaine stays in, if things keep going as they are now?
Get him up to a 70'ish pitch count and then get some other arms experience.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: ricepig on February 16, 2018, 03:49:36 pm
Man, the SEC Network+ is a good 2 minutes behind. I was watching it and flipped through my twitter timeline, it told my about Shaddy's walk before he got in the box, lol. Good inning, hopefully they get someone in there to throw strikes, we need swings.
Ditto from here....

JHicks3636