Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Allen

Started by Redhogs, January 25, 2018, 10:11:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhogs

Is Bobby Allen still with the team? And if so, in what capacity. Have not seen anything about him recently.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

FANONTHEHILL

As far as I know, still Director of Pro and High School Relations. Since the staff was depleted during the transition, he filled a recruiting slot and went out to recruit. Many thought he might be coaching on the field again, but the full staff has been named and he's stiil around.  No reason to believe that he's not in the same role.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Mo_Better_Hogs

Good. Hope he stays in on that capacity.

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 25, 2018, 10:19:40 am
As far as I know, still Director of Pro and High School Relations. Since the staff was depleted during the transition, he filled a recruiting slot and went out to recruit. Many thought he might be coaching on the field again, but the full staff has been named and he's stiil around.  No reason to believe that he's not in the same role.

Can't be, he has no more QB son's...........

Redhogs

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 25, 2018, 10:19:40 am
Thanks.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

sowmonella

Bobby was a damn good coach.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

cypress rock

Heard he was staying in same capacity but that they may tweek the title a bit

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: sowmonella on January 25, 2018, 10:38:24 am
Bobby was a damn good coach.

He knows everyone in the state, and probably surrounding states as well. If BB had close to 60 people involved in football, you can find a spot for BA. Letting him go would be like deleting all your sales contacts at a new job.

Hog N Bama

Friends in high places?

WaltonCollege

Working on having another son to lead us to the playoffs in 2038

onebadrubi

Guy has been all Arkansas for years.  He will be given a position within the office for as long as he wants.  He's probably made some good money over his time at Arkansas and I doubt he's making chump change now. 

sowmonella

FYI
Allen served two separate stints as defensive coordinator for the Razorbacks in 1998 and 2000. He has also coached the defensive line, linebackers, cornerbacks and free safeties. In 1998, Allen directed a Razorback defensive unit that ranked sixth nationally in rushing defense, 10th in turnover margin and 13th in scoring defense. In 2000, Allen helped guide a Razorback defense that allowed just 292.1 yards per game to lead the SEC and rank 12th nationally in total defense.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Flrazrback

Nothing wrong with Bobby Allen as a person or a coach. He does a good job in his current role, look at the Hogs in the Pro level today. He is an asset to the program.

GuvHog

Quote from: sowmonella on January 25, 2018, 01:05:46 pm
FYI
Allen served two separate stints as defensive coordinator for the Razorbacks in 1998 and 2000. He has also coached the defensive line, linebackers, cornerbacks and free safeties. In 1998, Allen directed a Razorback defensive unit that ranked sixth nationally in rushing defense, 10th in turnover margin and 13th in scoring defense. In 2000, Allen helped guide a Razorback defense that allowed just 292.1 yards per game to lead the SEC and rank 12th nationally in total defense.

I thought Keith Burns was the DC in 1998 and 1999. Shows ya what I know.   ::)
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The OTR

Seems kind of grumpy when I've been around him.  Of course I make people who aren't grumpy pretty grumpy so maybe it was my fault.

jcbville

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 25, 2018, 12:39:11 pm
Guy has been all Arkansas for years.  He will be given a position within the office for as long as he wants.  He's probably made some good money over his time at Arkansas and I doubt he's making chump change now.

And his character and integrity are above reproach but that never stopped people here from saying otherwise. SMH

BallHog1

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 25, 2018, 03:26:05 pm
Seems kind of grumpy when I've been around him.  Of course I make people who aren't grumpy pretty grumpy so maybe it was my fault.
Hater

Athog

Quote from: Redhogs on January 25, 2018, 10:11:20 am
Is Bobby Allen still with the team? And if so, in what capacity. Have not seen anything about him recently.

Yes he was retained.

jm

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 25, 2018, 11:32:57 am
Friends in high places?
[/quo

Tenure
It would be difficult to remove him without cause if he wants to stay.
That's just the way it works in public schools.

TebowHater

Quote from: sowmonella on January 25, 2018, 01:05:46 pm
FYI

And lest we forget the 2000 Cotton Bowl where he was DC and held #14 Texas to NEGATIVE 27 yards rushing.

Mike_e

Quote from: TebowHater on January 25, 2018, 05:23:31 pm
And lest we forget the 2000 Cotton Bowl where he was DC and held #14 Texas to NEGATIVE 27 yards rushing.

Where the color analyst said one of the best lines ever when he said 'Cobb shucked him like an ear of corn'.

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Did you have a dead snake in your pocket again? I remember when you were a kid and Odell told you if you kept a dead snake in your pocket cause it would keep the winkie witch off of ya...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

snoblind

Probably the most accurate statement ever posed on HV.

BTW, Meachum's back.

factchecker

When somebody burns your sons truck.... you'll be grumpy.  When the "greatest fans" badmouth your sons 24/7, create conspiracy theories about why they are playing (despite one being in the NFL and the other getting a combine invite), and generally treats your family like crap it will make you grumpy as well.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

https://twitter.com/MastrolePassing/status/958057964488798211

QuoteFired up for Arkansas QB @austinallen8 #NFL combine invite. Well deserved.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Athog

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2018, 10:31:15 am
Can't be, he has no more QB son's...........

Bobby has done a good job bridging 3 HC to the state.

The OTR

Quote from: factchecker on January 29, 2018, 05:26:46 pm
When somebody burns your sons truck.... you'll be grumpy.  When the "greatest fans" badmouth your sons 24/7, create conspiracy theories about why they are playing (despite one being in the NFL and the other getting a combine invite), and generally treats your family like crap it will make you grumpy as well.

He was crabby long before any of that happened. I'd guess he got crabbier with all that stuff.  Maybe he was cranky rather than crabby. What do I know anyway? Not much.

TebowHater

Quote from: Mike_e on January 25, 2018, 06:11:16 pm
Where the color analyst said one of the best lines ever when he said 'Cobb shucked him like an ear of corn'.

Wow thanks for posting. What an incredible demonstration of defensive prowess. Just watch that to be amazed at an Arkansas defense, insane.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on January 25, 2018, 10:30:26 am
Good. Hope he stays in on that capacity.

Me too he's been a loyal Razorback and both of his kids were bigtime Razorbacks. I just hate that his kids had to play for Bielema.

AlmaHog2011

January 29, 2018, 08:43:22 pm #29 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:58:51 pm by AlmaHog2011

Do you know for a fact that an Arkansas fan burned his car? Pretty sure he and his family were overwhelmingly treated great. Maybe an idiot or two on twitter or on this site but his sons were not treated near as badly as you are saying. His family wasn't treated like crap. That's crap.

pigture perfect

I've always liked ole Bobby.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Johnny Bobo

you're the fact checker right?

So who burned the truck?

Be specific

ricepig

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 30, 2018, 08:36:22 am
you're the fact checker right?

So who burned the truck?

Be specific

I'm not factchecker, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say an arsonist burned it.

buldozer

Bobby or BA himself may burned it in order to get some sympathy from fans, many of whom were ready to kick BA down the road around that time. Who knows or cares?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: buldozer on January 30, 2018, 04:27:31 pm
Bobby or BA himself may burned it in order to get some sympathy from fans, many of whom were ready to kick BA down the road around that time. Who knows or cares?

No one knows unless someone was arrested?

PharmacistHog

January 31, 2018, 09:51:38 am #35 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:07:24 am by PharmacistHog

Nobody knows who burned that truck. Kinda crappy to insinuate it was a razorback fan. As far as the badmouthing his sons qb play, that kinda comes with the territory for virtually ALL p5 conference starting qb's lest you forget, they garnered a ton of praise when they performed well.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on Yesterday at 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2018, 08:51:31 am
I'm not factchecker, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say an arsonist burned it, allegedly.
FIFY. You don't want to get sued for libel by some arsonist with a good alibi.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HogHomer

His truck may not have been burned by a fan but his truck also got egged by fans after a game during CBBs first year IIRC. He did have to put up with a lot of crap that most other QBs don't. However you wouldn't hear that from him. Very professional kid and had a lot more tact than I would've during his time here.

PharmacistHog

Love for Bobby to be staying, but if he's pissed off at the fanbase over what some random idiots did then thats not good. Honestly, I dont figure he's all that grumpy. Just gets grumpy when he's in the company of skandar or some other riff raff.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on Yesterday at 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

ricepig

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 31, 2018, 12:14:57 pm
Love for Bobby to be staying, but if he's pissed off at the fanbase over what some random idiots did then thats not good. Honestly, I dont figure he's all that grumpy. Just gets grumpy when he's in the company of skandar or some other riff raff.

That's understandable, nobody can stand Skandar.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2018, 12:18:49 pm
That's understandable, nobody can stand Skandar.
You mean.......Johnny Bobo in drag ??? :) ;) :D ;D

Inhogswetrust

IIRC it wasn't the only vehicle burned. As a former coach I bet he knows that a small minority of stupid fans will bad mouth players. I also bet  99.99% of fans that he and his family come in contact with treat them fine. If not then why has he stuck around as long as he has.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 01:09:01 pm
IIRC it wasn't the only vehicle burned. As a former coach I bet he knows that a small minority of stupid fans will bad mouth players. I also bet  99.99% of fans that he and his family come in contact with treat them fine. If not then why has he stuck around as long as he has.

I too have coached second graders at the boys club.

I Am Smart

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 31, 2018, 01:11:26 pm

That's concerning
"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

Inhogswetrust

Good catch. I wasn't talking about me being a former coach, I meant Bobby.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Worst parents/fans ever...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The OTR

Been around him a few times. Always grumpy.  Seems grumpy from a distance, even before I was ever in his presence.  It may be me, not denying that is possible, but my theory is that it's always been all on him. 

Pork Twain

February 01, 2018, 08:24:34 am #47 Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:15:14 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: GuvHog on January 25, 2018, 02:18:19 pm
I thought Keith Burns was the DC in 1998 and 1999. Shows ya what I know.   ::)
We already knew and it was getting kinda awkward that we knew but you didn't.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Mike Irwin

I don't think he's pissed off. He seems more than friendly every time I've been around him. I don't think he enjoyed seeing Bielema get fired but the guy was his boss and very good to his people so I wouldn't use that to gauge how friendly or unfriendly Bobby Allen is.

I've seen him lately and he really likes the new staff.