Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chase Thread 2017

Started by Buff, September 17, 2017, 02:57:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Looks like a race to see which Toyota team can win it all this year.  Is it gonna be Kyle Busch or Martin Truex? 

Or will someone else jump up and surprise everyone?

Kyle handily won the first stage in Chicagoland.

Buff

Nascar has officials from the 78 and 18 team in the blue tent.  Kyle Busch just served s drive-by penalty - crew members were over the wall too early.

Racinray

Keselowski may not have been to far off with his comment.

ImHogginIt

Why do they even bother interviewing titty baby Busch after the race if he doesn't win ?

DeWayne R

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 17, 2017, 05:15:01 pm
Why do they even bother interviewing titty baby Busch after the race if he doesn't win ?

Because some dummy decided to switch crews. Always thought Coach was smarter then that.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 17, 2017, 05:15:01 pm
That's what I was thinking, show a little class.

str8volfan

yup, always a good idea to stick a mic in someones face right after they get out of a race car. Ypu, Kyle is the only one who has ever given a bad interview after a tough loss. They should ban him from racing...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on September 17, 2017, 06:19:07 pm
That's what I was thinking, show a little class.

Exactly. Its OK to be dejected but NBC is paying a lot of money to put this crap on the air and you disrespect them and fans with your little one word answers.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on September 17, 2017, 07:29:04 pm
yup, always a good idea to stick a mic in someones face right after they get out of a race car. Ypu, Kyle is the only one who has ever given a bad interview after a tough loss. They should ban him from racing...

The entire sports world does that after games and the overwhelming majority of sports figures give a better interview than his sorry, condescending, spoiled, smarmy ass.

Buff

Racinray

ImHogginIt

2 damn weeks in a row I should have started my entire bench in fantasy. I've never sucked this bad. I suck almost as bad as Jeff Long and Bert.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 24, 2017, 07:38:18 pm
I suck almost as bad as Jeff Long and Bert.
You must be in really bad shape. :)

holeinthewall

Looks like Newman, Dillion and Stenhouse fighting for the last spot to transfer.

riccoar

I'm thinking Rocket takes it over Dillion and Stenhouse

holeinthewall

Quote from: riccoar on September 25, 2017, 09:38:45 am
I'm thinking Rocket takes it over Dillion and Stenhouse

I think if Ricky can keep out of the wall he gets it.  He was a 25th place car yesterday and got home in 15th. 

riccoar

1. Martin Truex Jr.: 3,059 points
2. Kyle Busch: 3,041 points
3. Kyle Larson: 3,034 points
4. Brad Keselowski: 3,020 points
5. Jimmie Johnson: 3,017 points
6. Kevin Harvick: 3,015 points
7. Denny Hamlin: 3,013 points
8. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: 3,010 points
9. Ryan Blaney: 3,008 points
10. Chase Elliott: 3,006 points
11. Matt Kenseth: 3,005 points
12. Jamie McMurray: 3,003 points

Pretty salty 12.  Shocked McMurray made it and surprised Kurt Busch faltered.  The top 3 positions right now are definitely THE best of the entire 12.  Be shocked if they are not 3 of the 4 in Homestead.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on October 03, 2017, 06:57:06 am
1. Martin Truex Jr.: 3,059 points
2. Kyle Busch: 3,041 points
3. Kyle Larson: 3,034 points
4. Brad Keselowski: 3,020 points
5. Jimmie Johnson: 3,017 points
6. Kevin Harvick: 3,015 points
7. Denny Hamlin: 3,013 points
8. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: 3,010 points
9. Ryan Blaney: 3,008 points
10. Chase Elliott: 3,006 points
11. Matt Kenseth: 3,005 points
12. Jamie McMurray: 3,003 points

Pretty salty 12.  Shocked McMurray made it and surprised Kurt Busch faltered.  The top 3 positions right now are definitely THE best of the entire 12.  Be shocked if they are not 3 of the 4 in Homestead.

Impressed Harvick was as consistent week after week considering how up and down Stewart-Haas has been the whole year.

riccoar

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 03, 2017, 08:08:36 am
Impressed Harvick was as consistent week after week considering how up and down Stewart-Haas has been the whole year.
I didn't get to follow the last 1/3 of the race.  Had Harvick as my A driver.  At one point he was among the fastest.  No clue what happened to him.

Buff

It's hard to see anyone knocking off Toyota, but with 2 laps to go in Stage 1 at Charlotte, The Closer is running strong.

Buff

Under caution with 8 laps to go, Harvick's crew cost him 4 positions on pit road.  1.1 seconds slower than Chase Elliott and Martin Truex.

Buff

Another Toyota win.  No one could stay close with Truex at the end.

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on October 08, 2017, 03:41:42 pm
No one could stay close with Truex at the end.
Makes you wonder what this team has that the others don't!

riccoar

Quote from: Racinray on October 08, 2017, 07:49:16 pm
Makes you wonder what this team has that the others don't!
Horsepower

ImHogginIt

Well as usual one of my fantasy drivers always has major issues. This week it was the 18 who has failed me almost each time I've used him the past few years. I think I'll use him the next two weeks just to jinx him.

riccoar

Dega week will be interesting.  Such a crapshoot.  Can't see guys middle of the pack being able to take chances.

holeinthewall

If Ricky can somehow hit for the trifecta it will really make Kansas interesting.  Especially if Kyle is fighting for a spot.

riccoar

Stenhouse has to be hedging Dega.  Plate tracks are where the Fords have been tops.  I'd be shocked if Truex and Busch don't try and just play points.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on October 09, 2017, 08:24:08 am
Dega week will be interesting.  Such a crapshoot.  Can't see guys middle of the pack being able to take chances.

I love that a plate race is a playoff race. Guys ride around with asses puckered in a normal plate race but now the contenders are all puckered tighter. And the rest of the field's asses are puckered cause they don't want to be the guy that screws up and takes out some of the playoff guys  :D

riccoar

You gotta figure the bottom four guys have to try and stay out front the entire race.  They literally HAVE to gamble.

riccoar

Looks like NASCAR is bound to try and help Jr. get a win before retirement

Racinray

Quote from: riccoar on October 15, 2017, 11:51:20 am
Looks like NASCAR is bound to try and help Jr. get a win before retirement
Was thinking the same thing.

ImHogginIt

And just like that the big one takes out three of my fantasy drivers  ;D

Buff

Chalk up another win for Truex Jr.

Currently averaging a 2.8 finish at the 1.5-mile tracks.  A strong finish could still tie or beat Bobby Labonte's season record of 2.4.  Think about that - that's some serious dominance.

ImHogginIt

Nasty wreck for the 77. Tough break for the 20 but they know the rules.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 22, 2017, 05:59:37 pm
Nasty wreck for the 77. Tough break for the 20 but they know the rules.
I feel for the 42, hate that he lost out like that and 48 got in.

riccoar

riccoar

And then there were 8

1  MARTIN TRUEX JR.    4069 

2  KYLE BUSCH            4042   -27

3  BRAD KESELOWSKI    4026   -43

4  KEVIN HARVICK        4017  -52

5  JIMMIE JOHNSON      4017  -52

6   DENNY HAMLIN        4014   -55

7   RYAN BLANEY          4009   -60

8   CHASE ELLIOTT        4006   -63

10thPlanet

Truex seems destined to win it.

riccoar

Quote from: 10thPlanet on October 23, 2017, 02:41:57 pm
Truex seems destined to win it.
Maybe.  He's got the 1.5 tracks, but didn't dominate at Texas earlier and wasn't real good at Miami last year.  All four remaining are in Busch's wheel house.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on October 23, 2017, 06:32:15 am
Horrible fantasy week

I have someone crash every week. Yesterday it was the 1 car

Buff

Texas time - Harvick just drove around Truex on the high side with 10 to go.

Buff

November 05, 2017, 05:00:15 pm #42 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:16:24 pm by Buff
Harvick just joined Kyle Busch and Truex as a contender at Homestead.  Dominating finish at Texas, with Phoenix coming up.... ready to see him get some momentum and take out the Toyotas that dominated all year.

Burnout time - prayers for that engine.

Racinray

Just made me a few extra bucks on that win.

ImHogginIt

Gonna be some drivers driving aggressive next week with only one spot left to fill

riccoar

Better be aggressive driving to win then.  You got the top 3 all but locked in.  Only guarantee is to win at Phoenix with points the way they are.

holeinthewall

I am hoping it is the 2 or 21 that gets in.  No Chevy's would be funny.

riccoar

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 06, 2017, 07:58:12 am
I am hoping it is the 2 or 21 that gets in.  No Chevy's would be funny.
The only way a Chevy makes the final 4 is with a win.  Because you know the entire 8 will be running in the top 10 or 15.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on November 06, 2017, 10:04:45 am
The only way a Chevy makes the final 4 is with a win.  Because you know the entire 8 will be running in the top 10 or 15.

The way Harvick ran yesterday I expect him to win next week too

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 06, 2017, 03:55:09 pm
The way Harvick ran yesterday I expect him to win next week too

He's been strong at Homestead too.  It would be my dream come true to see the Toyotas dominate all year just for Harvick to sweep the final 3 races.