Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

87 out of 128 fbs teams had 8 or fewer wins

Started by hogsanity, January 03, 2017, 10:33:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:03:33 pm
On the contrary, I do not think they are a crappy program at all. I am not the one on here constantly whining about how they "should" have won 9-10 games or how most fans plus the university "embrace mediocrity". I am perfectly comfortable with the program - it is not a national embarrassment, I am not ashamed to be a Hog fan.

I want them to win every game. I want them to be playing on the 2nd Monday In January, however I realize why they are not, and it has very little to do with the coach, whoever that coach is. I just do not get bent out of shape every time they lose ( I used to be that way, but quite frankly, life is too short for that ).

Ok.  I see what you're saying and I am right there with you.  My days of spending all weekend ticked off because the Hog football team lost on Saturday are behind me, which is kind of sad.  Unfortunately the realist in me overcame the fanatic.

hogsanity

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 03, 2017, 12:32:38 pm
When you have the facilities, the budget, the ticket sales, the attendance, and the fanbase that Arkansas has, it should not be an average program. So your premise is wrong to start out.

Where does AR rank in the SEC in those categories?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wildhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:09:22 pm
So 9-4 and a trip to Nashville is superlative, but 7-6 and a trip to Charlotte is mediocre? Neither wins any titles.

Superlative?  I don't think anyone claimed that.

But yes, a nine win season is a pretty big deal for us.  As you've pointed out.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pork Twain

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 03, 2017, 01:06:45 pm
I did not say it does. Nevertheless, all is fact and those facts are not attributes of an average program. Not even close.
That is pretty close to average for a P5 program, minus the recruiting.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogsanity

Quote from: Wildhog on January 03, 2017, 01:12:18 pm
Superlative?  I don't think anyone claimed that.

But yes, a nine win season is a pretty big deal for us.  As you've pointed out.

But it does not make the program any more nationally relevant than they are now.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

KennyForAD

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 03, 2017, 12:57:05 pm
I don't get this argument.  You are supposed to be a Razorback fan and you come on a Razorback fan forum trying to convince other Hog fans what a crappy, middle-of-the-road program Arkansas is?  To what end?  To enable more Arkansas fans to more easily accept mediocrity? 
Personally I don't think Arkansas belongs in the SEC in football.  We have significant disadvantages in location and population base that make it highly unlikely that we will ever win an SEC football championship.  But this is where we are, so we just have to endure and hope that  a miracle someday falls into our laps.  The alternative is to drop down in competition level.  I don't know how Razorback fans would accept that idea, but probably not well.

Frank Broyles started this crap a long time ago to bolster his own image.  The more people saw us as "Lil ol Arkansas," then the grander his accomplishments seemed.  Unfortunately, it has sorta stuck with a segment of our fans, who love to come up with bizarre statistical garbage in an effort to prove the "Lil ol Arkansas" nonsense. 

jabberjawls

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:09:22 pm
So 9-4 and a trip to Nashville is superlative, but 7-6 and a trip to Charlotte is mediocre? Neither wins any titles.
Strange.  I'm glad you are happy with 7-6.  You will probably continue to be happy for the next few years.

Wildhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:14:04 pm
But it does not make the program any more nationally relevant than they are now.

You can't say that we're a seven win program and then say that nine wins isn't a big deal. 

Getting nine wins and a better bowl gives us more to sell to recruits than two meltdown losses and a 7-6 season. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:14:04 pm

Why don't you go over to Ole Miss and explain to them how mediocre and irrelevant THEY are.  They don't seem to understand...

Wildhog

I mean, if we're not going to care about winning anymore, then what are we doing in the SEC?  Hell, what are we doing in the FBS? 
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 03, 2017, 01:09:57 pm
Ok.  I see what you're saying and I am right there with you.  My days of spending all weekend ticked off because the Hog football team lost on Saturday are behind me, which is kind of sad.  Unfortunately the realist in me overcame the fanatic.

For me it was not realism, it was just life, wife kids job etc. For me, and again this is just for me, I found it a waste of the one thing I can't make more of, TIME, to let the outcome of a game played by people I do not know ruin my day/days/week. I used to be that way.

I had fun last thursday ( until they melted down of course ) watching the game with my 13 yr old, high fiving the good plays, bemoaning the 2nd half, but when it was done it was done. I was not ashamed to wear my Hog sweatshirt the next day, I was not embarrassed by the outcome, how or why should I be personally embarrassed by the outcome of something I had NOTHING to do with?

hogsanity

Quote from: Wildhog on January 03, 2017, 01:15:50 pm
You can't say that we're a seven win program and then say that nine wins isn't a big deal. 

Getting nine wins and a better bowl gives us more to sell to recruits than two meltdown losses and a 7-6 season. 

They went 10-3 and 11-2 and still could not sell the program to recruits.

Pork Twain

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 01:15:59 pm
Why don't you go over to Ole Miss and explain to them how mediocre and irrelevant THEY are.  They don't seem to understand...
But they are.  They might be paying recruits but they are not playing for SEC championships or national championships.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Wildhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:18:13 pm
For me it was not realism, it was just life, wife kids job etc. For me, and again this is just for me, I found it a waste of the one thing I can't make more of, TIME, to let the outcome of a game played by people I do not know ruin my day/days/week. I used to be that way.

I had fun last thursday ( until they melted down of course ) watching the game with my 13 yr old, high fiving the good plays, bemoaning the 2nd half, but when it was done it was done. I was not ashamed to wear my Hog sweatshirt the next day, I was not embarrassed by the outcome, how or why should I be personally embarrassed by the outcome of something I had NOTHING to do with?

See, I feel the same way.  I have nothing to do with it, so why should I get attached to a coach getting paid 4+ million dollars to win football games?  If he doesn't win, then bring in someone else.  Like you said, life is short.  Far too short to spend a decade hoping some millionaire figures out how to win football games. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:19:51 pm

Yet they went 10-3 and 11-2.  That was a lot of fun.  I'd like to see that again.
1909/1964/1965/1977

311Hog

That is good for you, i am finding that i am less angry/emotional when the Hogs lose now that i am older and a family man etc. but i am absolutely ashamed of their performance at the bowl and in the bowl game. 100% as an alumni i can stand to lose i can't stand the bad publicity of Sprinkle and MOrgan on top of a historic 2nd half choke job that i think puts us in the record books as the only team to lose a bowl being up 24 at half i maybe wrong about that but either way it horrific at this point i would put it ahead of some of the more ugly Nutt losses.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 03, 2017, 01:20:44 pm
But they are.  They might be paying recruits but they are not playing for SEC championships or national championships.

My point exactly.   They keep striving to be the best they can be, just like everyone else, and NOBODY says the kind of junk that Hogsanity is saying.  Nowhere else but here is this crap said, over and over, as if it made sense.  We have Frank to thank for that.

jabberjawls

Yet, you have time to spend on this board (over 38,000 posts??) and make these supercilious arguments.

HF#1

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:19:51 pm

That's because their effort was crap.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pork Twain

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 01:27:52 pm
My point exactly.   They keep striving to be the best they can be, just like everyone else, and NOBODY says the kind of junk that Hogsanity is saying.  Nowhere else but here is this crap said, over and over, as if it made sense.  We have Frank to thank for that.
I think it is a pretty big reach to say that nobody is saying the same thing about them over on their message boards.

daprospecta

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 03, 2017, 10:36:31 am
It is like some of our fellow fans just don't get it.  We are not the level of program they want us to be and we never will be.  Just enjoy watching the hogs and loss the butt-hurt over every loss.  Let go of the 60's...let go of BP's two good years and lousy recruiting...Let go of the SWC days...
You along with most fans simply don't get it.  It's not the record. This team is showing things that shouldn't exist in players especially at this level.  Players are often(AND I MEAN OFTEN) out of place and give up when things get tough. That is a culture that is being allowed by this coaching staff. If this team was 7-5 but lost because of talent disparity, I think most fans would be ok with that. Here is why I'm ok with it.  Arkansas may not be able to get top classes every year but it is possible every 3-4 years.  You get that special class properly coached, a special year is down the pipeline. I want solid years ever 2-3 years and a special year every 3-4 years.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 03, 2017, 01:33:21 pm
I think it is a pretty big reach to say that nobody is saying the same thing about them over on their message boards.

I'm not saying that 'nobody' EVER says this crap elsewhere.  I'm saying that Arkansas is the only place where its commonplace and not immediately dismissed as the garbage it is.  We argue and argue over whether or not we over rate our own team.  Its absurd, and no, I don't think it goes on anywhere else.  Not like this.

Arkansas is NOT average.  Not by any standard.  Arkansas is a top 20 all time program and that's awesome.   It takes a really special person to argue endlessly that Arkansas is just average.   And we have a lot of em.

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on January 03, 2017, 01:24:28 pm
. but i am absolutely ashamed

I guess that is what I do not get, at all. What do you have to be ashamed of. How does their loss impact your self worth to the point you are ashamed?

hogsanity

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 01:40:34 pm
I'm not saying that 'nobody' EVER says this crap elsewhere.  I'm saying that Arkansas is the only place where its commonplace and not immediately dismissed as the garbage it is.  We argue and argue over whether or not we over rate our own team.  Its absurd, and no, I don't think it goes on anywhere else.  Not like this.

Arkansas is NOT average.  Not by any standard.  Arkansas is a top 20 all time program and that's awesome.   It takes a really special person to argue endlessly that Arkansas is just average.   And we have a lot of em.

Top 20 all time and yet still behind 6 teams in the sec in that ranking. Just about where they finish in the sec every year.

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:03:33 pm
On the contrary, I do not think they are a crappy program at all. I am not the one on here constantly whining about how they "should" have won 9-10 games or how most fans plus the university "embrace mediocrity". I am perfectly comfortable with the program - it is not a national embarrassment, I am not ashamed to be a Hog fan.

I want them to win every game. I want them to be playing on the 2nd Monday In January, however I realize why they are not, and it has very little to do with the coach, whoever that coach is. I just do not get bent out of shape every time they lose ( I used to be that way, but quite frankly, life is too short for that ).
I find it interesting and convenient how people on here who haven't been to a game in 10 years and think it is ignorant and beneath them to even attend games...are perfectly comfortable with results this year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:48:01 pm
I guess that is what I do not get, at all. What do you have to be ashamed of. How does their loss impact your self worth to the point you are ashamed?

Because i am connected to the UofA, my self worth or self esteem is not effected but i am ashamed at the display and the showing of people that i am associated with.

Basically if Sprinkle doesn't get caught shoplifting, Morgan doesn't get ejected, we lose 35-24 in some form of traditional game (not total choke job that supercedes the Missouri game in degree of chokyness).  Then it is just another loss, o well we will get them next time.

But all those things did happen.  You lose a hard fought battle or just because you are simply over matched talent wise those are things you can take in stride.  This bowl game was the first game that we were truly an embarrassment in all phases IMHO on and off the field.  That is something that i haven't seen since the Nutt days.  Even with Petrino it was off the field stuff, JLSmith was just an interim issue.  Bieliema has been here for 4 years and was suppose to be the "work hard, no penalties, uncommon kids" coach and none of that was what we saw in Charlotte 

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 03, 2017, 01:53:34 pm
I find it interesting and convenient how people on here who haven't been to a game in 10 years and think it is ignorant and beneath them to even attend games...are perfectly comfortable with results this year.

Ah yes, only fans who attend matter. BTW I have been to a game in the last 10 years.

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 01:50:21 pm
Top 20 all time and yet still behind 6 teams in the sec in that ranking. Just about where they finish in the sec every year.

Would you have been ok with hiring BB if he had said, "I expect to finish 7th in the SEC every year?"   Of course not.  Would you want to keep him if he came out tomorrow and said that?  No.  You wouldn't.     

If we finish behind 6 other teams simply because they are better... so be it.  But is that what's happening?   Or are we losing games we could win because of poor coaching and fielding the worst defense we ever have without even addressing the problem?

Ramboar

It's not the fact we lost the games we lost, several losses were inexcusable in the way that we lost. That sir is why it's embarrassing.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on January 03, 2017, 01:54:39 pm
Because i am connected to the UofA, my self worth or self esteem is not effected but i am ashamed at the display and the showing of people that i am associated with.

Basically if Sprinkle doesn't get caught shoplifting, Morgan doesn't get ejected, we lose 35-24 in some form of traditional game (not total choke job that supercedes the Missouri game in degree of chokyness).  Then it is just another loss, o well we will get them next time.

But all those things did happen.  You lose a hard fought battle or just because you are simply over matched talent wise those are things you can take in stride.  This bowl game was the first game that we were truly an embarrassment in all phases IMHO on and off the field.  That is something that i haven't seen since the Nutt days.  Even with Petrino it was off the field stuff, JLSmith was just an interim issue.  Bieliema has been here for 4 years and was suppose to be the "work hard, no penalties, uncommon kids" coach and none of that was what we saw in Charlotte 

The definition of ashamed : embarrassed or guilty because of one's actions, characteristics, or associations.

I have never felt any of those things due to the actions of a group of 18-22 year olds of which I am personally associated with NONE.

Should Sprinkle be ashamed - yes ( and I think he is ). Should Morgan be ashamed - yes. Should the team be ashamed - do not know, as I am not in the locker room with them or busting heads on the practice field with them. Should you or I be ashamed because of the loss - NO, as we had nothing to do with it at all.

hogsanity

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 01:57:49 pm
Would you have been ok with hiring BB if he had said, "I expect to finish 7th in the SEC every year?"   Of course not.  Would you want to keep him if he came out tomorrow and said that?  No.  You wouldn't.   

Nice right turn. You have been ballyhooing the fact that in some poll the Hogs are ranked 20th all time, so when it is pointed out that is still SEVENTH in the sec you change tact. That is not about what the coach said, it is about what 20th gets you, its gets you 7th in the sec.

Just like how people talk about the recruiting like it is garbage, yet it is still in the top 15% or so of all classes ranked each year, unfortunately that is still usually only good for 7th - 10th in the SEC.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: 311Hog on January 03, 2017, 10:52:25 am
^^^^^ This is it for me.  If we win 10 games or 2 it doesn't really matter to me (obviously i would rather we win them all), but "how" the games go is what is important to me.  Getting blasted by 50 points - Unacceptable, Giving up 3 touchdown leads when you are supposed to be a ground and pound 2nd half team TWICE  is unacceptable to me.  If those three games were close losses i would be 99% less angry about it then i am.  Those games exposed serious deep seeded flaws in every aspect of our team.  And tells me we are no where near to being a contender for anything.

I fully agree, and this is the same thing that I said about Nutt when he was here.  I'd like to compete.  Losing 52-0 isn't competing.  Getting outscored in the second half by 92 points in a season isn't competing. 

The Titanic had a fundamental flaw in its design, but the perfect storm of things had to happen to expose it.  They did.  Ship sank. 

For things to have gone so terribly wrong for us the last 1/4 of our season, a fundamental flaw has been discovered.  Something is wrong at a basic level.  Exactly what that is can't be singled out from a number of issues and we won't know if we have fixed it until next fall.  That fix requires a CHANGE of some kind.  Otherwise, well, we've all heard Einstein's definition of insanity, right?  "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 02:00:15 pm
The definition of ashamed : embarrassed or guilty because of one's actions, characteristics, or associations.

I have never felt any of those things due to the actions of a group of 18-22 year olds of which I am personally associated with NONE.

Should Sprinkle be ashamed - yes ( and I think he is ). Should Morgan be ashamed - yes. Should the team be ashamed - do not know, as I am not in the locker room with them or busting heads on the practice field with them. Should you or I be ashamed because of the loss - NO, as we had nothing to do with it at all.

Sorry but we as fans and alumni of the UofA are connected in this group.  I think you are confusing ashamed with guilty.

I think as a fan/alumni i am perfectly ok feeling embarrassment at the events of the belk bowl.  But i do not however feel guilty or wrong by anything i did because as you said i had/have nothing to do with the outcome of the game or the actions of the young adults off the field.

Just like when Drumph posts some idiotic twitter comment, i am ashamed because as an American he represents America, but i have nothing to do with his posts or their content.

Pork Twain

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 01:40:34 pm

I think you are completely wrong.  I heard it when I lived in OH, OK, TX, NM, CO and VA.  It goes on everywhere.  The difference is that we have this cool Hogville place to go and every idiot has a voice. 

Arkansas is average in the P5, but you are right, it was not always that way.  Then again a lot of things are not like they were in the 60's.

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 02:03:18 pm
Nice right turn. You have been ballyhooing the fact that in some poll the Hogs are ranked 20th all time, so when it is pointed out that is still SEVENTH in the sec you change tact. That is not about what the coach said, it is about what 20th gets you, its gets you 7th in the sec.

Just like how people talk about the recruiting like it is garbage, yet it is still in the top 15% or so of all classes ranked each year, unfortunately that is still usually only good for 7th - 10th in the SEC.

No.  Its the same point, which you never fail to miss. 

AirWarren

Quote from: jabberjawls on January 03, 2017, 01:06:22 pm
I would take 9-4 over 7-6 any day. According to your stats we are mediocre.  Those who accept mediocrity are destined to fail.

I was born in 1985. Since then by my counts...

Overall record: 232-166-4
Conference records(SWC/SEC): 132-127-1
Bowl record: 7-15

No SEC titles.
2 measly SWC conference titles. Thanks to Hatfield. The guy that Lord Broyles ran out of town.
No national titles.

If that ain't waddling in mediocre I don't know what is. So your theory of "accepting mediocre makes you destined to fail"....we are pretty damn close to failing then...

Arkansas is not a program with a winner's mentality. And JL isn't the first AD to run off a good coach.

That is ARKANSAS RAZORBACK FOOTBALL.

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 02:03:18 pm

And TAMU ranks 6th.  Auburn 5th.   Do you think the prevailing logic at TAMU and Auburn should be, "There's no reason to aspire to be any better?"  Do you think it means that they can't ever WIN the SEC?  Nonsense.

Clemson is ranked BEHIND us all time.  Do you think that holds Clemson back?  Do you see what Clemson has done the last few years as an IMPOSSIBILITY?   Nuts.

Pork Twain

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 02:08:34 pm
No.  Its the same point, which you never fail to miss. 
If your point is anything other than being top-25 at anything nationally, usually only gets about top-7/8 in the SEC, you would be incorrect.

hogsanity

Quote from: AP85 on January 03, 2017, 02:10:07 pm

Thanks to Hatfield. The guy that Lord Broyles ran out of town.

Most fans were quite happy to see Kenny go because his football was "boring".

Pork Twain

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 02:13:29 pm
And TAMU ranks 6th.  Auburn 5th.   Do you think the prevailing logic at TAMU and Auburn should be, "There's no reason to aspire to be any better?"  Do you think it means that they can't ever WIN the SEC?  Nonsense.

Clemson is ranked BEHIND us all time.  Do you think that holds Clemson back?  Do you see what Clemson has done the last few years as an IMPOSSIBILITY?   Nuts.
You keep on brining up all-time like it is supposed to mean something today.  Ali was probably the greatest of all-time, but I could beat him today.

We all want our Hogs to win every game every year.  Some of us just realize that we have been outmatched since we joined the SEC.

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 02:14:53 pm
Most fans were quite happy to see Kenny go because his football was "boring".

and could never win the big game.  A relic of a time gone by.  I mean only 2 teams run the wishbone now right?

hogsanity

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 02:13:29 pm

I do not think that is the attitude at the UA either, but aspiring to be great and doing so are very different.

hogsanity

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 03, 2017, 02:16:01 pm
You keep on brining up all-time like it is supposed to mean something today.  Ali was probably the greatest of all-time, but I could beat him today.

We all want our Hogs to win every game every year.  Some of us just realize that we have been outmatched since we joined the SEC.

There are 14 teams in the top 100 that either do not play football anymore, or are not fbs level, to tell you how much relevance that list has for what goes on today.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 03, 2017, 02:07:47 pm
I think you are completely wrong.  I heard it when I lived in OH, OK, TX, NM, CO and VA.  It goes on everywhere.  The difference is that we have this cool Hogville place to go and every idiot has a voice. 

Arkansas is average in the P5, but you are right, it was not always that way.  Then again a lot of things are not like they were in the 60's.

Good.  I hope you're right and that's just my impression.   Also... I totally agree that Arkansas has been an average to slightly above average program for a long time now.  But the point is... so WHAT?   

You never stop trying to compete.  If you have a coach who can't ever do any better than your average, that's pretty much failing... anywhere.  Why not try another coach and keep trying to improve?   If Hogsanity is right, it makes no difference.  We'll just be what we are anyway, right?

Pork Twain

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 02:20:45 pm
Good.  I hope you're right and that's just my impression.   Also... I totally agree that Arkansas has been an average to slightly above average program for a long time now.  But the point is... so WHAT?   

You never stop trying to compete.  If you have a coach who can't ever do any better than your average, that's pretty much failing... anywhere.  Why not try another coach and keep trying to improve?   If Hogsanity is right, it makes no difference.  We'll just be what we are anyway, right?
I don't think anyone is saying that.  I just believe that at some point you have to look in the mirror and see who you really are and then adjust your expectations accordingly.  We are not the SWC Razorbacks.  We are the SEC Razorbacks and we have not been a  dominant force in college football since the 60's.  I was born in 75 and not much has happened since I was old enough to understand the game, that made me feel like we were the team to beat.

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 02:16:45 pm
I do not think that is the attitude at the UA either, but aspiring to be great and doing so are very different.

Well, I'll tell you this:  You're not going to ever be great if your defensive philosophy produces the worst defense in the league every year and you keep doing the same thing. 

311Hog

Quote from: KennyForAD on January 03, 2017, 02:20:45 pm

I think Hogsanity's and others fear is that if you just plug in another coach we will be worse then average.  And IMHO it is a justified fear we all saw what happened with JL Smith took over sure interim tag etc. but if we were to simply pick any D1 coach we have no built in advantages to lean on for support like other schools do.  If we hire a coach that can't pull anything but AR kids it is highly possible that we sink to be a below .500 team.

Nick Saban or Urban Meyer isn't walking through that door.

Bubba's Bruisers

Beliema is not better than Petrino.  Certainly not as a coach.  He's about the same in recruiting, but has improved retention dramatically, which is like improving recruiting.

He was actually a very good hire given the circumstances.  Probably a great hire.  He's good enough to average 7 regular seasons per year here with some 8 wins seasons...maaaaaybe a 9 win season every once in a while.  Maybe win more bowl games than not, but will likely get us to a bowl most every year.  That's an upgrade since we've been in the SEC, BP's short stay notwithstanding.

This is who we is.  Have been since full integration in the 70's...a fantastic achievement for humanity, BTW, but not so kind to the Hog FB program.  Frank got out while the get'n was good.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

KennyForAD

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 03, 2017, 02:23:35 pm
I don't think anyone is saying that.  I just believe that at some point you have to look in the mirror and see who you are and then adjust your expectations accordingly.

Its just an attempt to lower expectations in the effort to defend the poor performance of a coach he likes.  fwiw, my expectations are not high.  I just expect to be well coached and competitive.   Right now, they aren't meeting those expectations.  I'm not one of those calling for BB to be fired right now.  But I think its nuts to say that this team is well coached.  It isn't.   And it is very irksome to get bombarded, once again, with this- 'this is what we are' garbage, instead of discussing the obvious issues.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 03, 2017, 02:26:35 pm
Beliema is not better than Petrino.  Certainly not as a coach.  He's about the same in recruiting, but has improved retention dramatically, which is like improving recruiting.

He was actually a very good hire given the circumstances.  Probably a great hire.  He's good enough to average 7 regular seasons per year here with some 8 wins seasons...maaaaaybe a 9 win season every once in a while.  Maybe win more bowl games than not, but will likely get us to a bowl most every year.  That's an upgrade since we've been in the SEC, BP's short stay notwithstanding.

This is who we is.  Have been since full integration in the 70's...a fantastic achievement for humanity, BTW, but not so kind to the Hog FB program.  Frank got out while the get'n was good.
I think a fan would have to be a stinking fool to say they do not miss having BP on the sidelines, but he, like every other coach Arkansas has had since the 70's was not going to take us to the promised land.  A strong defense stops his team more than not as we saw again this year.