Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin let go by Saban... Pushed out? Your call...

Started by BR, January 02, 2017, 11:24:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 02, 2017, 01:29:30 pm
LOL
You laugh but Bama fans make hogville posters look rational...a couple of loses starting with Clemson will have them complaining.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

elksnort

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2017, 12:08:15 pm
Um - no. 

The absolute worst outcome for Arkansas fans would be an Alabama loss in the NC game if you want Saban to leave earlier as opposed to later.  A remotivated Saban would be a (complete) nightmare.
We aren't beating Bama anyway, so why concern about them. We just neef our coach to get his stuff together.

murthage

A strong Bama Dr. friend of mine... recruited as a running back by Bear Bryant, but opted for Med School over football, just called to jokingly tell me that Kiffin was coming to Arkansas.  Then he said the following:  "Kiffin was late to an offensive team meeting, and missed the bus home"  Don't know when or where, and he also brought up the offensive calls for the Washington game... 

Nothing earth shattering, but could substantiate the fact that Saban had had enough.

Hoggish1

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2017, 12:28:44 pm

Not winning his sixth NC is likely to incent Saban to stay even longer in pursuit of that goal.

Hello captain obvious...  Not winning it this year would keep him one shy of the Bear and therefore at least two shy of any thoughts of retirement—a two year delay right there.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Boar War on January 02, 2017, 12:45:11 pm
Makes sense.  I'm ready for the most boring dynasty in college football history to come to an end.

No doubt, but I'm just not seeing it until he wins at least two more NCs...

Hoggish1

Quote from: sickboy on January 02, 2017, 01:04:45 pm
I mean... wouldn't that probably be a little because he's the head coach at another program at the same time? I was surprised Nick Saban wanted him to stay around at all. His job security is in Florida right now, not Tuscaloosa.

There is no job security at FAU and Kiffin knows it.  He will hope to make a quick splash and get the ell out of there to a big, real job...

jgphillips3

I want Saban to win it this year and next year, get his 7 championships and go away.  The only hope of being competitive with Bama any time soon is Saban leaving.  Sure, we may steal one from them at some point, but for the West to truly be available, Saban's reign has to end.

Hoggish1

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2017, 01:29:26 pm
And that gifted a NC to OSU. 

Exactly.  Hated to see Vermin Meyer back into that naty...

Hoggish1

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 02, 2017, 01:32:50 pm
You laugh but Bama fans make hogville posters look rational...a couple of loses starting with Clemson will have them complaining.

True.  But my LOL is because Bama is not losing that game... 

holeinthewall

This helps Clemosn tremendously.. DRUNK ass Sark hasn't called plays. i don't care what you say about talent. You have to be active in doing that job to step in.  Clemson wins this game going away.

F Satan

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ricepig

Quote from: holeinthewall on January 02, 2017, 01:51:52 pm
This helps Clemosn tremendously.. DRUNK ass Sark hasn't called plays. i don't care what you say about talent. You have to be active in doing that job to step in.  Clemson wins this game going away.

F Satan

He's a booger eater.

https://twitter.com/MikeJelline/status/815336567568932864

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2017, 11:40:28 am
Run the damn ball!

This.  Heck, If I'd been Saban Saturday, I'd have probably shown him the door at halftime.  Kiffin called an awful game and I don't blame Saban for being concerned that the same thing might happen next Monday night.  And if it did, the outcome could easily be different against Clemson.

I think all the "Kiffin has matured at Alabama" talk is purely BS.  I think he's the same selfish, immature guy who just had those bad traits hidden at Bama by the team's success and a control-freak boss.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WorfHog

I can't believe Saban is letting Sark anywhere near the OC job. Kiffin off to flop again at FAU.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: WorfHog on January 02, 2017, 02:46:42 pm
I can't believe Saban is letting Sark anywhere near the OC job. Kiffin off to flop again at FAU.

Saban will probably hire a full-time babysitter for Sark, just to keep him out of the liquor cabinet.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

streitenberger

Gonna be rough for Sark, nothin' to do for fun in Tuscaloosa BUT get drunk.

Hoggish1

Quote from: streitenberger on January 02, 2017, 03:23:52 pm
Gonna be rough for Sark, nothin' to do for fun in Tuscaloosa BUT get drunk

in a place where everybody knows you...

Jackrabbit Hog

arlhog

I think he took a couple of indirect shots at Saban during a press conference last week.   Pretty sure that wasn't taken all that well by Sunshine Saban.

Sivad

1. Poor play calling against Washington.
2. Distractions of new job.
3. Comments he made in SI interview.
Bye Bye.

Pigsknuckles

Saban didn't want any distractions. Mack Brown just rightly noted that you can't have two bosses. Get in, or get out.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

WorfHog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 02, 2017, 09:37:31 pm
Saban didn't want any distractions. Mack Brown just rightly noted that you can't have two bosses. Get in, or get out.

Sark's biggest distraction:

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jvanhorn

Quote from: BR on January 02, 2017, 11:32:59 am
Nick Saban says the decision to part ways with Lane Kiffin was “mutual."

Yeah, it was mutually agreed on by Saban that he had just reached his expiration date.  Not a big deal.  Kiffin decided not to wait until after the bowl game to take a head coaching job, and Saban decided not to wait until after the bowl game to use someone else.  Saban actually was kind of nice about it instead of saying I told him don't wait, pack your bags and get gone.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 02, 2017, 02:13:33 pm
This.  Heck, If I'd been Saban Saturday, I'd have probably shown him the door at halftime.  Kiffin called an awful game and I don't blame Saban for being concerned that the same thing might happen next Monday night.  And if it did, the outcome could easily be different against Clemson.

I think all the "Kiffin has matured at Alabama" talk is purely BS.  I think he's the same selfish, immature guy who just had those bad traits hidden at Bama by the team's success and a control-freak boss.

THIS  The tiger don't lose his stripes.

Torqued pork

Sportster365

Kiffin definitely mailed it in. It could not have been more apparent. Hurts has threw for an avg. of 25 attempts per game this year while only letting it spin 14 in the peach bowl.

I can only imagine how Saban must have tore into him. His playing calling was horrendous.

Nashville Fan

Kitten has to be there for NSD and Bama has to move on with their recruiting. Probably was mutual.
Pittman or Bust!

woodrow hog call

I guess everybody sees things differently, I saw Bama moving the ball down the field with the QB running and throwing safe passes, then they run two power plays for a yard each and don't convert on 3rd and 8.

Then I saw one possession where they just kept self destructing with penalties, when their 2nd or 3rd penalty in a row was delay of the game because the QB didn't get the play called and adjustments made quick enough, I said Lane is gone he won't be there for the championship game.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

The Kig

January 03, 2017, 01:01:53 pm #83 Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:13:59 pm by The Kig
Kiffin matured quite a bit under Saban, but obviously regressed some in his departure getting lippy and being late.  Maybe that had to do with being forced out.  Just can't imagine he went to Bama to rehab his image in order to land the mighty FAU job. 

Bama may lose vs Clemson this go round, but it won't be because of Kiffin's departure or drama.  Hurts is NOT a complete QB at this point.  If Clemson can force him to throw, they can win.  It's been his Achilles heel all year, but nobody has been able to force the issue.  Washington almost did, but they made mistakes on Offense against a Bama Defense that I don't expect Clemson to repeat.  In a game with 2 good Defenses, the difference between Watson and Hurts could be what decides where the trophy end up.  Otherwise, the Bama D is going to have to outscore its Offense once again. 
Poker Porker

Sportster365

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 03, 2017, 12:30:53 pm
I guess everybody sees things differently, I saw Bama moving the ball down the field with the QB running and throwing safe passes, then they run two power plays for a yard each and don't convert on 3rd and 8.

Then I saw one possession where they just kept self destructing with penalties, when their 2nd or 3rd penalty in a row was delay of the game because the QB didn't get the play called and adjustments made quick enough, I said Lane is gone he won't be there for the championship game.

Yep started looking like Houston Dale himself was calling them plays brotha

Sportster365

Quote from: The Kig on January 03, 2017, 01:01:53 pm
Kiffin matured quite a bit under Saban, but obviously regressed some in his departure getting lippy and being late.  Maybe that had to do with being forced out.  Just can't imagine he went to Bama to rehab his image in order to land the mighty FAU job. 

Bama may lose vs Clemson this go round, but it won't be because of Kiffin's departure or drama.  Hurts is NOT a complete QB at this point.  If Clemson can force him to throw, they can win.  It's been his Achilles heel all year, but nobody has been able to force the issue.  Washington almost did, but they made mistakes on Offense against a Bama Defense that I don't expect Clemson to repeat.  In a game with 2 good Defenses, the difference between Watson and Hurts could be what decides where the trophy end up.  Otherwise, the Bama D is going to have to outscore its Offense once again.

Not sure about that, Hurts avgs 25 pass attempts per game for an avg of 200 yds per game completing 64.7 percent of his passes.

The Kig

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2017, 11:40:28 am
Run the damn ball!

Uhhhhhh, do what? 

Hurts only threw 14 passes all game, completing 50%.  He ran the ball 19 times and Scarbrough ran 19 times.  The issue is that Hurts is too predictable in the RPO because there isn't much of a pass threat, especially downfield.  He is terribly inaccurate when forced to throw on 3RD and long.  Scarbrough would have had more carries but he split carries with Harris and Hurts.  That and he still had 6 runs of 10+ yards  (12, 18, 16, 12, 12, and 68) on his way to 180.

As a team, 50 of the 64 (78%) offensive plays were running plays.  So in your esteemed opinion, they should run the ball more? 
Poker Porker

elviscat

Letting Kiffin leave may cost "Dick Satan" the national championship. That would be too bad.

MountieDawg

Saban asked Kirin, "How bad do you want to coach in the NC?

Kiffin said, "Really bad!"

Saban said, "Bad enough you would eat a booger on National TV?"

Kiffin said, "He'll No!"

Saban said, "You are out, Sark will do it!!!"
SEC!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: BR on January 02, 2017, 11:24:46 am
BREAKING: Lane Kiffin out as Alabama offensive coordinator. Steve Sarkisian will assume coordinator duties effective immediately.  ALL over Twitter now..   

Lets see No Lana,  Kiff got a new gig so I dont care.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Kig

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 03, 2017, 01:30:55 pm
Not sure about that, Hurts avgs 25 pass attempts per game for an avg of 200 yds per game completing 64.7 percent of his passes.

Hurts has gone over 200 yards 5 times this season:
*  Western KY
*  Kentucky
*  Arkansas
*  MS ST
*  Auburn

Auburn is the only one of those teams that ended up ranked.  MS St was the only game where there was an obvious gameplan to have him work on passing skills early on, also the only game where he threw for over 300. 

I hope BAMA wins....my daughter goes to school there, but if it comes down to Hurts arm to, Bama will lose to Clemson.
Poker Porker

root_hawg

Have met Saban a couple of times, once when he spoke at a company event as a favor.  He isnt going anywhere and as long as his health is good, he will be here at least another 5 years.  The scary part is that the offense will probably be better next year as they mature but will have to replace about half of the defense.  Kiffin was told to get the freak out, there was talk that he wasnt even trying to win the other day.  I dont believe that but this is an upgrade for the champ game.

PorkRinds

Quote from: root_hawg on January 03, 2017, 10:02:51 pm
Have met Saban a couple of times, once when he spoke at a company event as a favor.  He isnt going anywhere and as long as his health is good, he will be here at least another 5 years.  The scary part is that the offense will probably be better next year as they mature but will have to replace about half of the defense.  Kiffin was told to get the freak out, there was talk that he wasnt even trying to win the other day.  I dont believe that but this is an upgrade for the champ game.
Wasn't trying to win? Come on. He just wanted to go out with a Whimper? Unlikely.

root_hawg

Talked to one of my childhood friends, his dad is huge booster for Bama, like using his plane at times for travel things.  He said that Kiffin had to get an IV the day of the game because he was dehydrated from getting wasted the 2 nights before the game.  Take it for what you will but it sounds about like Kiffin.  Great OC but still 21 yr old in his mind.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: root_hawg on January 06, 2017, 09:43:53 pm
Talked to one of my childhood friends, his dad is huge booster for Bama, like using his plane at times for travel things.  He said that Kiffin had to get an IV the day of the game because he was dehydrated from getting wasted the 2 nights before the game.  Take it for what you will but it sounds about like Kiffin.  Great OC but still 21 yr old in his mind.

And they replace him with a guy that was fired pretty much because of alcohol problems.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?