Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama Strength and Conditioning Coach

Started by downsouthhawg72, December 31, 2016, 05:18:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

downsouthhawg72

IF you were Head Coach at Arkansas would you pay $800K - $1 Mil or so for Scott Cochran at Alabama to be our Strength and Conditioning Coach.
DownSouthHawg

3kgthog

No. It's free to tell our own Neanderthal that his approach isn't working and he needs to change it or hit the road.

NuttinItUp

Tusks

Hire Clemson's.  I'd start picking off Clemsons assistant coaches.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

longpig

Do all strength and conditioning coaches try to look like neonazis?
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: tusked on December 31, 2016, 05:25:05 pm

Hire Clemson's.  I'd start picking off Clemsons assistant coaches.

Won't happen, Clemson is Fayetteville without Dugars.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Tusks

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 05:28:43 pm

That's why I'd start picking them off and giving them raises.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 05:28:43 pm

I've been to Clemson. Believe me there are a LOT of Duggar types in that area.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

clutch

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 31, 2016, 05:20:28 pm
No. It's free to tell our own Neanderthal that his approach isn't working and he needs to change it or hit the road.

If it were as simple as that then everyone would be doing that. Strength and Conditioning programming for 100+ players is extremely hard. Probably the hardest job on the whole staff besides being the head coach. You can't throw out a one size fits all program for the team. Each player responds differently to training. He's getting the most out of almost every single one of them. It's amazing what he accomplishes. Sure, it's nice to be able to work with the best talent in the world, but he still has an extremely difficult job. Cochran is worth every penny he earns.

Hawghiggs

I'd go get Colorado's or Washington's coach.

The Boar War

Quote from: clutch on January 03, 2017, 06:52:00 pm
If it were as simple as that then everyone would be doing that. Strength and Conditioning programming for 100+ players is extremely hard. Probably the hardest job on the whole staff besides being the head coach. You can't throw out a one size fits all program for the team. Each player responds differently to training. He's getting the most out of almost every single one of them. It's amazing what he accomplishes. Sure, it's nice to be able to work with the best talent in the world, but he still has an extremely difficult job. Cochran is worth every penny he earns.

That and he starts off with the very best athlete possible.

clutch

Quote from: The Boar War on January 03, 2017, 07:58:07 pm
That and he starts off with the very best athlete possible.

I mentioned that in my post. For the most part though, High School athletes come into college well below their genetic potential. What makes these top guys so good is that they can tap into that potential so quickly and put on a lot of size quickly. No matter how gifted the athlete is, you still have to figure out what works for them. It does make it a lot easier if they are genetically gifted though.

The Boar War

Quote from: clutch on January 03, 2017, 10:44:40 pm
I mentioned that in my post. For the most part though, High School athletes come into college well below their genetic potential. What makes these top guys so good is that they can tap into that potential so quickly and put on a lot of size quickly. No matter how gifted the athlete is, you still have to figure out what works for them. It does make it a lot easier if they are genetically gifted though.

Better get my eyes checked.  Don't know how I missed that the first time.

tophawg19

notice another thing . our total salaries are anywhere from 800,000 to nearly 2 million below the better teams in the nation . looks like as far as pay goes, we are getting about what we are paying for
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins