Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Football Playoff Games Today

Started by NuttinItUp, December 31, 2016, 09:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins the 2 playoff games today? (Max 2 votes per user, so you can pick winner of each game)

Alabama
40 (85.1%)
Washington
5 (10.6%)
Clemson
20 (42.6%)
Ohio State
24 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: January 01, 2017, 09:41:28 am

NuttinItUp

alohawg

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 31, 2016, 07:51:52 pm
I don't know that PSU should have been there, but I did disagree with taking a team that didn't win it's own division OVER the conference champ.  It's one thing to take two from the same conference, but to take a runner up over the champ is just wrong.  Anyway, I doubt PSU would do any better.  Can't stand OSU so I'm glad they are looking bad.  Maybe Myers has some health issues to take care of after this game.

That's my argument.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Dr. Starcs

Said it before, penn st should've been there.

The brand of Ohio st got them in.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2016, 08:26:44 pm
Said it before, penn st should've been there.

The brand of Ohio st got them in.

And the refs will see to it they win this game.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 31, 2016, 08:28:15 pm

Not gonna happen tonight, skippy.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

alohawg

Nah, not tonight, osu is doing nothing.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

NuttinItUp

The two southern teams (Bama, Clemson) beat the two northern teams (Washington, Ohio State).

Not sure what that means, politically...

Jackrabbit Hog

Dabo  is coaching circles around Urban tonight.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Bubba's Bruisers

Love watching tOSU get their arse kicked...more than any team in college. 

Glorious.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

longpig

when this conspiracy doesn't pan out, then what?
Don't be scared, be smart.

PorkSoda

at least we dont suck as bad as OSU. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Dr. Starcs

Hogz87

So, how about Dabo Swinney?

He's the third best coach in the country, right?  At worst he's top five. 

Clemson was solid during the nine (full) seasons under Tommy Bowden.  They averaged 7.7 wins per season during his nine full seasons and had three 9-win seasons.  But Swinney has taken them to a new level; this is his eighth full season at Clemson.  Prior to 2015, in his first six full seasons, he had seasons of nine, 10, 11, 11, and 10 wins including a BCS bowl win and a BCS bowl loss.  In the last two seasons he led Clemson to a Final Four loss and, at the very least, a national championship game appearance. 

I always wanted to not buy into Swinney as an elite college football coach, but there's absolutely no denying it now.  The guy is a stud.

Hogz87

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 31, 2016, 08:46:57 pm
at least we dont suck as bad as OSU. 
Right?

But for real, Ohio State would beat us as bad as they wanted. Or, we'd race out to a 24-3 halftime lead and end up losing 38-24. 

longpig

hogcard1964

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 08:44:42 pm
when this conspiracy doesn't pan out, then what?

Favoritism isn't a conspiracy.

Hell the year they won the national championship two years ago, they shouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

Dr. Starcs

If Clemson can have a powerhouse, we can too.

I looked it up today. We have more players from our home state than Clemson does from theirs.

All comes down to recruiting. Dabo is absolutely getting it done and attracting recruits from other states.

Dr. Starcs

Herbie gonna have to cry in urbans arms tonight's.

#Herban

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2016, 08:50:02 pm

I looked it up today. We have more players from our home state than Clemson does from theirs.

All comes down to recruiting. Dabo is absolutely getting it done and attracting recruits from other states.

Clemson is much more comparable to AU than Ark in terms of recruiting situation. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

longpig

Maybe so, but how many come from within 200 miles of Clemson?

NuttinItUp

Plus, two Power 5 schools in their state (SC + Clemson) vs. just one Power 5 team in Arkansas.

Atlhogfan1

CU base = southeast US

Our base = non Texas Big 12 wasteland.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Clemson has better tradition and significantly closer to elite talent.  Not the same.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

NuttinItUp

Bama is going to be favored by a TD in the national championship game.

passinghog

If Clemson is willing to run Watson 20+ times, they'll beat Alabama.
When Alabama dials up the blitz to try and force a TO, Watson has to just eat the sack. If they don't give easy turnovers, again, they'll beat Alabama.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 31, 2016, 09:10:58 pm
Bama is going to be favored by a TD in the national championship game.

Clemson's defense is far superior to Washington's.  Bama will have to play much better offensively than it did today.

razorbrass

Looks like it's time for Suburban Meyer to take some time off for his health.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

NuttinItUp

The Great Hambino

I hope Western Michigan just destroys Wisconsin so we can have more discussion about an expanded playoff.

Jackrabbit Hog

First time Urban has ever been shut out.  Total Clemson domination.

So much for Big 10 superiority this year.  Michigan last night; OSU tonight; and Penn State will get curb stomped Monday.

Dr. Starcs

Mighty big 10 is 2-5 in bowls this year.

Atlhogfan1

PonderinHog

Dr. Starcs

Was going to watch Florida/Iowa but saw Mike Patrick and Ed "I don't agree" Cunningham.

Western Michigan/Wiscy it is for me.

elksnort

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 31, 2016, 09:15:16 pm
Clemson's defense is far superior to Washington's.  Bama will have to play much better offensively than it did today.
I don't know if I agree with this. UW defense was damn good. Their offense not producing enough hurt their defense. Where Clemson is better is on offense.

elksnort

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 02, 2017, 12:03:46 pm
Was going to watch Florida/Iowa but saw Mike Patrick and Ed "I don't agree" Cunningham.

Western Michigan/Wiscy it is for me.
Mike Patrick is great. Ed Cunningham on tbe other hand, made we want to put an icepick in my own forehead last Thursday night.

Dr. Starcs

Mike Patrick lost me on all his tanner English love during the cws back in '12.

elksnort

Has anyone else noticed the Bank of Ozarks sponsership banner at the Outback Bowl?