Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Football Playoff Games Today

Started by NuttinItUp, December 31, 2016, 09:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins the 2 playoff games today? (Max 2 votes per user, so you can pick winner of each game)

Alabama
40 (85.1%)
Washington
5 (10.6%)
Clemson
20 (42.6%)
Ohio State
24 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: January 01, 2017, 09:41:28 am

NuttinItUp

Who wins?

During Gameday this morning, Corso picked Washington to beat Alabama.

SquidBilly

Bama and Clemson win today.  Peterson will have UW ready to play but the physicality of Bama's defense will overwhelm them.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Bret Squealema on December 31, 2016, 09:46:07 am
Bama and Clemson win today.  Peterson will have UW ready to play but the physicality of Bama's defense will overwhelm them.

I'd like to see Clemson win, but I think Ohio State might be too good.

Dr. Starcs

Who do I think? Bama and Ohio St

Who do I want? Wash and Clem

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2016, 12:06:48 pm
Who do I think? Bama and Ohio St

Who do I want? Wash and Clem

I understand Clemson, but why Washington?

Dr. Starcs

December 31, 2016, 12:53:42 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:03:53 pm by Dr. Starcs
Sick of bama. And I don't cheer for any team that we directly compete (or try to compete) against.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2016, 12:53:42 pm
Sick of bama. And I don't cheer for any team that we ore rly compete (or try to compete) against.

I understand, but still a bit flimsy, imo.

Dr. Starcs

*edited for grammatical sense. Lol

I've never understood hog fans cheering for teams we compete against. I respect them. But don't cheer for them.

Pig In The City

RebelliousHog

I went with Bama  OSt. The question was "who wins" not who you would like to win.

I think Bama is a moot point. Wash ain't got the guns. It wouldn't bother me if Clemson won. Not a OSt fan.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

julie

Ohio Hog

As long as Ohio State loses today, I'll be happy.

longpig

Buckeyes and Tide but want all of them to lose.

Hate them because we ain't them.
Don't be scared, be smart.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2016, 01:04:49 pm
*edited for grammatical sense. Lol

I've never understood hog fans cheering for teams we compete against. I respect them. But don't cheer for them.

I respect that. I am more analytical about SOS and numerical reasons why it helps, but I can definitely see the "feeling" argument of why you don't want to root for teams. That's what makes sports great.  It is kind of a head vs. heart argument in the end.

Atlhogfan1

RTR

Bama turning ball over could make it interesting.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

NuttinItUp

Anybody

PonderinHog

NuttinItUp

Bama looks to be about twice the size of Washington.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

alohawg

Nice start for the Husky defense. I expect to see a screen from the Washington offense soon to slow the Bama rush.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

PonderinHog

alohawg

Good for Washington, something they can look back at tomorrow as a positive.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

NuttinItUp

Atlhogfan1

Hognspace

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 31, 2016, 02:28:47 pm
Huskies better than I thought.

This Husky team is the best outside of Bama of the 4.  This is the NC title game.  After watching the ACC during early bowl season, they may be the best conference in the country this year

longpig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 31, 2016, 09:41:28 am
Who wins?

During Gameday this morning, Corso picked Washington to beat Alabama.

Corso doesn't even know what country this is.
Don't be scared, be smart.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: longpig on December 31, 2016, 02:31:51 pm
Corso doesn't even know what country this is.
Give the guy a break. He had a stroke.

Dr. Starcs

Joe Tess and Blackledge >>>>> fowler/Herbstreit.

Atlhogfan1

There you go LK. Run the ball.  No reason to make darn hard

Hog Solo

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

Dr. Starcs

Did they say alabama got away with a hold earlier?  That's not the bama we know.

PonderinHog

PonderinHog

That's playing with fire, punt returner.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2016, 02:59:07 pm
Take the points.

I agree.  LK overthinking again. Use a RB to run the ball. 

PonderinHog

jimhog

Watching Bama and Washington and I see good football players who are very disciplined and focused.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jimhog on December 31, 2016, 03:05:18 pm
Watching Bama and Washington and I see good football players who are very disciplined and focused.

Ok.

Nice throw and catch.   

Not enough power runs.  LK just can't help himself.   

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2016, 03:16:03 pm
LK will get another arse chewing if they don't.

He has too little patience. Not one run w a RB.   

Dr. Starcs

Atlhogfan1

Bama closing field down like they used to Petrino.   Everything short for Wash.  Cant beat Bama in small space.

6 in box and LK throws.

Finally Bo again

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2016, 03:26:19 pm
Why do anything else?
LK is [CENSORED] idiot.  Like trying to lose. 

Horrible play calling. 

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

This would be a disaster for Bama losing Fitzpatrick.