Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just in Time Bowl Projections for the 2016 College Football Season Completed

Started by jbcarol, February 29, 2016, 02:55:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

'Leap Day' fun: Projecting the SEC's bowl-bound programs for the 2016 season

QuoteLSU — PEACH BOWL (COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF)
Overall record: 12-1 (SEC champs)

ALABAMA — SUGAR BOWL

UGA — CITRUS BOWL
Overall record: 10-3 (SEC East champs)

TENNESSEE — OUTBACK BOWL

FLORIDA — TAXSLAYER BOWL

A&M — LIBERTY BOWL

ARKANSAS — MUSIC CITY BOWL
It's impossible to get an early read on the Arkansas-TCU clash (Sept. 10).

KENTUCKY — PARK BELK BOWL

AUBURN — TEXAS BOWL

OLE MISS — BIRMINGHAM BOWL

NON-BOWL PARTICIPANTS

**Vanderbilt (projected 3-5 in SEC — possible bowl team at 5-7 overall)
**Mississippi State (projected 1-7 in SEC)
**South Carolina (projected 1-7 in SEC)
**Missouri (projected 0-8 in SEC)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN Feb 28

With 6 wins, Mad Max is officially bowl eligible

Can play in Thunder Dome
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Heather Dinich ‏@CFBHeather Mar 23

Who deserves to be bowl eligible? The answer is complicated: http://es.pn/1pywjH3

The bowl working group is meeting tomorrow and Friday in Houston to further debate bowl eligibility. One rep for all 10 FBS conferences.

QuoteAfter losing one game on a Hail Mary, another in overtime and three more by a combined five points, Nebraska could make a case for itself as the unluckiest team of 2015 -- until it became bowl-eligible with a 5-7 record.

And won.

"We didn't necessarily deserve that opportunity, but because they needed people and that was the criteria, I'm not going to argue with that," coach Mike Riley said. "I'm just going to take it and run with it and be thankful for it."

Here's the dilemma: There were more bowls (40) than eligible teams last season. Simple math deems this a problem that is likely to continue, especially considering three cities (Austin, Charleston and Myrtle Beach) are hoping to add to the postseason party this fall.

Here's what can change by June: the standard for bowl eligibility and who certifies the bowls. Right now, the standard is 6-6, and the NCAA certifies bowls, but it's a process that Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said "has eroded" and Penn State athletic director Sandy Barbour said "has gone dormant."

"The one thing I haven't heard any dissenting opinion on is we're not going to let a bowl go dark," said Barbour, who is part of the bowl-working group. "We're going to have to take teams under 6-6. How do you determine that? I think everybody was really satisfied with doing it based on academic merit."

Akron coach Terry Bowden said a 5-7 bowl team is "kind of queasy for everybody to stomach," but he wouldn't go so far as to nix the idea. After all, Bowden led the Zips to their first bowl win in program history in 2015.

"I've heard a lot of people say over the years, 'Who cares about this bowl?' and 'Who cares about that bowl?'" Bowden said. "I'll tell you who cares: All of the players who are playing in that bowl and all of those fans, they care about it.

"I've never seen a group of people more excited to go to Boise, Idaho, than Akron. It made our kids champions."

Also a public starved for college football games.

jbcarol

ICIMI: 2016 SEC BOWL PROJECTIONS (11 invites)

College Football Playoff Semifinal (Peach Bowl): No. 1 Clemson vs. No. 4 Alabama
    College Football Playoff Semifinal (Fiesta Bowl): No. 2 Oklahoma vs. No. 3 Ohio State
    New Year's Six Sugar: Tennessee vs. Baylor
    Orange Bowl: LSU vs. Florida State
    Citrus: Georgia vs. Michigan State
    Outback: Ole Miss vs. Nebraska
    Music City: Mississippi State vs. Wisconsin
    Belk: Arkansas vs. North Carolina
    Liberty: Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech
    TaxSlayer: Florida vs. Louisville
    Texas: Auburn vs. Texas
    Birmingham: Kentucky vs. Cincinnati

On the outside looking in: Missouri, South Carolina, Vanderbilt

jbcarol

Way-too-early 2017 Orlando Bowl Projections

College Football Playoff

Peach Bowl (National Semifinal): Clemson vs. Oklahoma
Fiesta Bowl (National Semifinal): Alabama vs. Florida State

Sugar Bowl: Baylor vs. LSU
Orange Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Tennessee

Citrus Bowl: Michigan State vs. Georgia

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 34m34 minutes ago

What do you think should be the standard for bowl-eligibility in college football? http://ow.ly/105Qvn

QuoteSouth Alabama kicker Aleem Sunanon has a unique perspective on one of the great debates of college football.

Because of that quality, Sunanon is the lone student-athlete representing college football players - among coaches, athletic directors and commissioners - on a committee to study the issue of bowl eligibility.

Even if Arkansas coach Bret Bielema questions the selection of a "South Alabama kicker."

"The more the students can have a voice, I think the better off we'll all be," Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said, per ESPN. "I don't know if it's the South Alabama kicker I'd pick, but to have someone's voice in there is pretty good."

Sunanon's response:

"My response is that I've been through a lot of situations whether it has been bowl games, a year we got to bowl games, a year we don't go to a bowl game," Sunanon told The Opening Kickoff on WNSP-FM 105.5 in Mobile, Alabama. "I'm also fortunate enough to have graduated early. I already have my bachelor's. I still have a year of football left. I'm currently working on my Master's. I think I have pretty good insight on having different scenarios, different situations that I can share my information about.

"A lot of guys fail to realize you come to your school to get a degree first. A lot of guys sometimes don't even get their degree or they try to prolong it when you can potentially leave here with two degrees."

But would he sit next to Bielema if given the chance?

"I'd love to," he said. "Even if I have to just stare at him. I know he will feel me staring at him," Sunanon joked.

The major question to be tackled is what record is bowl-worthy.

... He was a part of the first South Alabama team since its inception in 2009 to go bowling in 2014, then - just last year - endured a 5-7 season and failed to make a bowl.

The Jags stayed at home when 5-7 teams were selected for bowl based on APR scores in order to fill the bowls' allotment of teams.

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 46m46 minutes ago

NCAA approves 3-year moratorium on new bowls, sources told @ESPN. Austin, Charleston & Myrtle Beach were in process of adding bowls in 2016

jbcarol

NCAA has approved a three-year moratorium on new bowl games, sources told ESPN.

The NCAA Division I Council's decision comes a year after there were not enough bowl-eligible teams to fill the record 41 postseason games, resulting in a record three teams with losing records earning bowl berths.

QuoteThe moratorium will not allow any new bowl games until after the 2019 regular season.

The NCAA ruling affects three cities -- Austin, Texas; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; and Charleston, South Carolina -- that were in the process of seeking NCAA certification to add bowls in 2016.

Sources said the council will continue to "study the postseason issue" and evaluate bowl-eligibility criteria. The council also plans to determine whether the minimum requirement of a "deserving" bowl team is a winning record or finishing .500, a source said.

This is the second time in the past five years that the NCAA has issued a hold on new bowls. In 2011, a three-year moratorium was established. When that ban was lifted, six new bowls, not including the College Football Playoff, were added: the Bahamas, Boca Raton, Camellia and Miami Beach bowls in 2014 and the Arizona and Cure bowls in 2015.

Last year, a record 63 percent of the 128 FBS teams earned bowl berths, including three 5-7 teams (Minnesota, Nebraska and San Jose State). In the previous 45 years, a total of four teams with losing records had played in bowls.

jbcarol

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 21h21 hours ago

#Vols fans won't mind these @247Sports bowl projections. (Hint: Think very warm weather.) http://bit.ly/20vAa55

QuoteLiberty Bowl (West Virginia vs. Arkansas)

Orange Bowl, Dec. 30 (Louisville vs. Tennessee)

Music City Bowl (North Carolina vs. Ole Miss)

Citrus Bowl, Dec. 31 (Georgia vs. Iowa)

Fiesta Bowl, Playoff Semifinal, Dec. 31 (Alabama vs Oklahoma)

CFP National Championship, Jan. 9 (Ohio State vs. Alabama)

Outback Bowl, Jan. 2, 2017 (Michigan St. vs. Florida)

TaxSlayer Bowl, Dec. 31 (Auburn vs. Nebraska)

Belk Bowl (Va. Tech vs. South Carolina)

Birmingham Bowl (Memphis vs. Mississippi St.)

Sugar Bowl, Jan. 2 (Baylor vs. LSU)

jbcarol

Campus Insiders' Pete Fiutak finally released his post-spring bowl projections and had 12 SEC teams getting in on the bowl bonanza

Georgia: Citrus Bowl (Orlando) vs. Wisconsin
    Florida: TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville) vs. North Carolina
    Arkansas: Outback Bowl (Tampa) vs. Michigan State
    Mississippi State: Independence Bowl (Shreveport, La.) vs. Duke
    Texas A&M: Texas Bowl (Houston) vs. TCU
    Missouri: Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.) vs. Pittsburgh
    South Carolina: Belk Bowl (Charlotte) vs. Florida State
    Ole Miss: Music City Bowl (Nashville) vs. Penn State
    Auburn: Liberty Bowl (Memphis) vs. West Virginia
    Alabama: Orange Bowl (Miami) vs. Louisville
    Tennessee: Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) vs. Baylor
    LSU: College Football Playoff Peach Bowl (Atlanta) vs. Boise State;
            College Football Playoff National Championship (Tampa) vs. Ohio State

Pig in the Pokey

We've come here to win the SEC and that is what we are gonna do!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

jbcarol

2016-2017 College Football Bowl Tie-Ins For Each And Every Conference

QuoteCollege Football Playoff New Year's Six Bowls

– Top four teams ranked by the College Football Playoff selection committee to be slotted in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. The two winners to play in the College Football Playoff National Championship in Tampa on January 9th.
– The highest-ranked conference champion from the American Athletic, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West and Sun Belt automatically gets one spot in either the College Football Playoff or in the Cotton Bowl.
– Orange Bowl will be ACC vs. Big Ten, Big 12 or SEC
– Rose Bowl will be Big Ten vs. Pac-12
– Sugar Bowl will be Big 12 vs. SEC

SEC

The SEC gets a team in the Sugar Bowl. It's the SEC Champion if it's not in the College Football Playoff.

1. Allstate Sugar Bowl vs. Big 12
– The SEC is also eligible to send a team to the Orange after filling the Sugar slot.
2. Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl vs. Big Ten or ACC

The SEC will assign teams to the respective bowls in this pool.

– AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl vs. Big 12
– AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. Big 12
– Belk Bowl vs. ACC
– Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl vs. ACC or Big Ten
– Outback Bowl vs. Big Ten
– TaxSlayer Bowl vs. ACC or Big Ten

Second Tier

– Birmingham Bowl vs. American Athletic
– Camping World Independence Bowl vs. ACC

jbcarol

Sporting News' Bill Bender has predicted every single bowl game for this upcoming season —  SEC is well represented, the exceptions being Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

QuoteAutoZone Liberty Bowl: West Virginia vs. Florida
Birmingham Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Temple
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Miami, Fla. vs. Arkansas
AdvoCare Texas Bowl: TCU vs. Texas A&M
Belk Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Auburn
Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl: Iowa vs. Georgia
Outback Bowl: Michigan State vs. LSU

NEW YEAR'S SIX

Allstate Sugar Bowl: Baylor vs. Ole Miss
Capital One Orange Bowl: Florida State vs. Tennessee
Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl (Playoff semifinal): Ohio State vs. Alabama

College Football Championship Game: Alabama vs. Clemson

jbcarol

College football is still two months away from kicking off the 2016 season, but there are already bowl game predictions available for your consumption.

SB Nation's Jason Kirk took the approach that it's never too early to issue some post-season predictions, releasing his choices for every bowl game and the College Football Playoff.

QuoteKirk projects 12 SEC teams to participate in bowl games, with Kentucky and Vanderbilt as the only two teams predicted to miss out.

Peach Bowl (CFP semifinal): LSU vs. TCU

Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs. Oklahoma

Cotton Bowl: Tennessee vs. Houston

Outback Bowl: Florida vs. Nebraska

Citrus Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Penn State

TaxSlayer Bowl: Georgia vs. Miami

Music City Bowl: South Carolina vs. Iowa

Liberty Bowl: Missouri vs. Texas Tech

Belk Bowl: Auburn vs. Virginia Tech

Birmingham Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Cincinnati

Texas Bowl: Arkansas vs. Oklahoma State

Independence Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Northwestern

jbcarol

NCAA finally makes important change to bowl eligibility rule

QuoteNCAA's Division I Council announced on Wednesday that all 6-6 bowl eligible teams must be selected to a bowl before any 5-7 team can be considered. This prevents bowl game organizers from seeking out ineligible Power 5 schools (such as B1G teams) instead of actually eligible mid-major programs.

Well, what happens if every 6-6 team is picked, but there are still spots available?

Each 5-7 team vying for a bowl bid will be prioritized based on the highest multiyear Academic Progress Rate for the most recent reported year [just like last year]. If there's a tie, the school with the highest APR for the most recent single year will get preference. Those qualifying schools will then get to pick which bowl game to attend. This process is to take effect for the upcoming 2016-17 season.

This rule ensures that a team that wins at least six games will qualify for a bowl game (barring a surplus of 6-6 teams), regardless of conference affiliation. It also means any team that falls short of .500 will only be considered for any potential vacancies if its academic performance meets NCAA standards.

Only 77 schools were bowl-eligible last season, leaving three open spots for ineligible teams to fill. That's where Minnesota, Nebraska and San Jose State came into play.

jbcarol

Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter 19h19 hours ago

New NCAA rule: If not enough bowl-eligible teams, 5-7 teams with highest multiyear APR scores pick which bowl they want among opening spots

Last year, bowls needed three 5-7 teams to fill out spots. Bowls chose from highest APR teams; now the 5-7 teams do the choosing

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/748332532991594496

QuoteNCAA's Division I Council has mandated that all bowl-eligible teams with 6-6 records must be selected for a bowl game before any teams with a 5-7 record can be considered.

The key to this rule, decided at the Council's Wednesday meeting in Indianapolis, is that now bowls won't be able to select teams with losing records from Power 5 conferences over 6-6 teams from mid-major or Group of Five conferences, who end up in lesser bowl games.

"It's impossible to project how many eligible bowl teams we will have," said Bob Bowlsby.

jbcarol

Athlon finally projects bowl matchups for 11 SEC teams

Texas Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Baylor
    Birmingham Bowl: Kentucky vs. UConn
    Belk Bowl: Arkansas vs. North Carolina
    Music City Bowl: Auburn vs. Wisconsin
    Liberty Bowl: Mississippi State vs. West Virginia
    Citrus Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Michigan State
    TaxSlayer Bowl: Florida vs. Virginia Tech
    Outback Bowl: Georgia vs. Iowa
    Cotton Bowl: LSU vs. Houston
    Sugar Bowl: Tennessee vs. Oklahoma
    Peach Bowl (CFP semifinals): Alabama vs. Clemson
    National championship: Alabama over Florida State

jbcarol

Every 2016 college football bowl predicted

Peach Bowl (Semifinal) Dec. 31 Atlanta, Georgia No. 2 Clemson (ACC) vs. No. 3 Bama

Sugar Bowl (Jan. 2) New Orleans, Louisiana    Big 12 vs. SEC Oklahoma State vs. LSU

Orange Bowl (Dec. 30) Miami Gardens, Florida ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC  FSU vs. UG

Outback Bowl    Jan. 2    Tampa, Fla.    Big Ten vs. SEC    Michigan vs. Ole Miss

TaxSlayer Bowl    Dec. 31 Jacksonville, Fla. ACC/Big Ten vs. SEC  UNC vs. Florida

Citrus Bowl Dec. 31 Orlando, Fla. ACC/Big Ten vs. SEC    Michigan State vs. Tennessee

Music City Bowl    Dec. 30 Nashville, Tenn. ACC/Big Ten vs. SEC  Nebraska vs. Auburn

Liberty Bowl    Dec. 30 Memphis, Tenn. Big 12 vs. SEC  West Virginia vs. Kentucky

Park Belk Bowl    Dec. 29    Charlotte, N.C.    ACC vs. SEC    Virginia Tech vs. A&M

Birmingham Bowl Dec. 29    Birmingham, Ala. American vs. SEC    Temple vs. Troy+

Texas Bowl    Dec. 28    Houston, Tex.    Big 12 vs. SEC    Texas vs. Arkansas

Independence Bowl  Dec. 26 Shreveport, La. SEC vs. ACC  Arizona+ vs. Georgia Tech

jbcarol

SEC preseason bowl projections: National media finally make their picks

Team    CBS    Camp. Insiders    CFB News    SB Nation    Athlon
Bama    Peach      Peach          Orange         Sugar         Peach
Arkansas Texas      Texas         Outback         Texas         Belk

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bowl projections for 2016 from McMurphy & @Mark_Schlabach

QuoteCollege Football Playoff at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
McMurphy: LSU vs. TCU

College Football Playoff at the Fiesta Bowl
Schlabach: Alabama vs. Oklahoma

College Football Playoff National Championship
Schlabach: Alabama vs. Michigan
McMurphy: LSU vs. Ohio State

Camping World Independence Bowl
McMurphy: Kentucky vs. Wake Forest

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Schlabach: Tejas vs. Ole Miss
McMurphy: Baylor vs. A&M

Birmingham Bowl
Schlabach: Cincinnati vs. Mississippi State
McMurphy: Connecticut vs. Mississippi State

Belk Bowl
Schlabach: Arkansas vs. North Carolina
McMurphy: Auburn vs. Miami

Liberty Bowl
Schlabach and McMurphy: Vanderbilt vs. West Virginia

Music City Bowl
Schlabach: Kentucky vs. Miami
McMurphy: Ole Miss vs. Penn State

Orange Bowl
Schlabach: Florida State vs. Tennessee
McMurphy: Clemson vs. Tennessee

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
McMurphy and Schlabach: Iowa vs. Georgia

TaxSlayer Bowl
Schlabach: Nebraska vs. A&M
McMurphy: Virginia Tech vs. Arkansas

Outback Bowl
Schlabach: Michigan State vs. Florida
McMurphy: Nebraska vs. Florida

Sugar Bowl
Schlabach: LSU vs. TCU
McMurphy: Alabama vs. Oklahoma

jbcarol

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 6m6 minutes ago

Preseason Bowl Projections: All 40 games.  http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/college-football-preseason-bowl-projections-schedule-playoff-picks-stewart-mandel-083016

Fiesta (playoff semifinal): Alabama vs. LSU

Sugar: Tennessee vs. Oklahoma

Independence: Louisiana Lafayette* vs. Louisiana Tech*

Texas: Ole Miss vs. Kansas State

Birmingham: USF vs. Mississippi State

Belk: Auburn vs. Duke

Liberty: Georgia vs. West Virginia

Music City: Vanderbilt vs. Penn State

Citrus: Texas A&M vs. North Carolina

TaxSlayer: Arkansas vs. Miami

Outback: Nebraska vs. Florida

jbcarol

Week 2 SEC bowl projections: Wild first weekend shakes up the landscape

BOWL GAME          TIE-INS
Peach (Dec. 31, Atlanta) — CFP    #1 Ohio St.    #4 Stanford    Top 4, Playoff rankings
Fiesta (Dec. 31, Glendale) — CFP    #2 Florida St.    #3 Alabama    Top 4, Playoff rankings
Orange (Dec. 30, Miami) — NY6    Clemson            Georgia    ACC #1 vs Big Ten/SEC/ND
Sugar (Jan. 2, New Orleans) — NY6    Texas A&M    Oklahoma    SEC #1 vs Big 12 #1
Cotton (Jan. 2, Arlington) — NY6    TCU    Houston    At-large vs auto-qualifier
Rose (Jan. 2, Pasadena) — NY6    Michigan           Washington    Big Ten #1 vs Pac 12 #1
Citrus (Dec. 31, Orlando)                    Tennessee    Mich St.    SEC #2 vs ACC/Big Ten
Outback (Jan. 2, Tampa)                    LSU                    Nebraska    SEC#3-8 vs Big Ten #2-4

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 2m2 minutes ago

Bowl projections from @Mark_Schlabach & myself you'll hate more than last week's (unless you're Bama, OhSt, UH, FSU)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17476494/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-week-2

College Football Playoff at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
McMurphy and Schlabach: Alabama vs. Houston

Murphy and Schlabach: Alabama vs. Ohio State

Schlabach: NC State vs. Kansas State
McMurphy: Wake Forest vs. Washington State

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Schlabach: Oklahoma State vs. Arkansas
McMurphy: TCU vs. Auburn

Birmingham Bowl
Schlabach: Cincinnati vs. Army
McMurphy: Connecticut vs. Colorado

Belk Bowl
Schlabach: LSU vs. North Carolina
McMurphy: Arkansas vs. Miami

Liberty Bowl
Schlabach and McMurphy: Baylor vs. South Carolina

Music City Bowl
Schlabach: Auburn vs. Miami
McMurphy: Ole Miss vs. Iowa

Orange Bowl
McMurphy: Clemson vs. A&M

Schlabach: Iowa vs. Tennessee
McMurphy: Wisconsin vs. Tennessee

TaxSlayer Bowl
Schlabach: Nebraska vs. Florida
McMurphy: Virginia Tech vs. LSU

Outback Bowl
Schlabach: Michigan State vs. Ole Miss

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic
Schlabach: Washington vs. A&M

Sugar Bowl
Schlabach: Georgia vs. Oklahoma
McMurphy: Georgia vs. Texas

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/773514301491539968

QuoteArkansas

SEC Country: No bowl
    ESPN1: Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
    ESPN2: Belk Bowl vs. Miami
    247Sports: Music City Bowl vs. Wisconsin
    CBS: Music City Bowl vs. Nebraska

jbcarol

Bowl projections: Big changes in Peach, NY6 bowls

McMurphy: Alabama vs. Houston

Murphy and Schlabach: Alabama vs. Ohio State

Schlabach: NC State vs. Army
McMurphy: Wake Forest vs. Penn State

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Schlabach: Oklahoma State vs. Arkansas
McMurphy: Baylor vs. Auburn

Birmingham Bowl
Schlabach: Cincinnati vs. Vandy
McMurphy: SMU vs. Colorado

Belk Bowl
Schlabach: Ole Miss vs. VaTech
McMurphy: Arkansas vs. Miami

Liberty Bowl
Schlabach:  Texas Tech vs. Auburn
McMurphy: Oklahoma State vs. South Carolina

Music City Bowl
Schlabach: Georgia vs. Miami
McMurphy: Ole Miss vs. Nebraska

Orange Bowl
McMurphy: Louisville vs. A&M

Schlabach: Iowa vs. A&M
McMurphy: Wisconsin vs. Georgia

TaxSlayer Bowl
Schlabach: Nebraska vs. LSU
McMurphy: Virginia Tech vs. LSU

Outback Bowl
Schlabach: Michigan State vs. Florida
McMurphy: Iowa vs. Florida

Sugar Bowl
Schlabach: Tennessee vs. Oklahoma
McMurphy: Tennessee vs. Texas

DLUXHOG

this will change.... weekly...   keep winning Razorbacks!   WPS!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Week 3 bowl projections

College Football Playoff: Bama

Sugar Bowl: A&M

Citrus Bowl: Florida

Outback Bowl: Arkansas

TaxSlayer Bowl: LSU

Music City Bowl: Georgia

Liberty Bowl: Ole Miss

Belk Bowl: Tennessee

Texas Bowl: Auburn

jbcarol

Bowl projections: Can Louisville crash NYE party?

McMurphy: Alabama vs. Ohio State

Schlabach: Alabama vs. Ohio State

McMurphy: Georgia Tech vs. Auburn

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Schlabach: Baylor vs. Arkansas
McMurphy: TCU vs. Ole Miss

Birmingham Bowl
Schlabach: Cincinnati vs. Mississippi State
McMurphy: SMU vs. Mississippi State

Belk Bowl
Schlabach: Missouri vs. North Carolina
McMurphy: Tennessee vs. Miami

Liberty Bowl
Schlabach: TCU vs. Auburn
McMurphy: Oklahoma State vs. South Carolina

Music City Bowl
Schlabach: Ole Miss vs. Miami
McMurphy: Georgia vs. Maryland

Orange Bowl
Schlabach: Clemson vs. Georgia

Schlabach: Michigan State vs. Tennessee
McMurphy: Iowa vs. Arkansas

TaxSlayer Bowl
Schlabach: Iowa vs. LSU
McMurphy: Notre Dame vs. LSU

Outback Bowl
Schlabach: Wisconsin vs. Florida

Sugar Bowl
Schlabach: Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State
McMurphy: Texas A&M vs. Baylor

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/778263261628301312

Arkansas (3-0)

SEC Country: Music City Bowl vs. Wisconsin
    ESPN's Schlabach: Texas Bowl vs. Baylor
    ESPN's McMurphy: Citrus Bowl vs. Iowa
    CBS: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan
    SB Nation: Music City Bowl vs. Penn State
    247Sports: Outback Bowl vs. Michigan State

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bowl Projections headin' into Week Five

McMurphy: Kentucky v. Wake Forest

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Schlabach: Tejas vs. Arkansas
McMurphy: Oklahoma v. State

Birmingham Bowl
Schlabach: ECU vs. Mississippi State
McMurphy: Tulsa vs. Missouri

Belk Bowl
Schlabach: LSU vs. North Carolina
McMurphy: LSU vs. Miami

Liberty Bowl
Schlabach: TCU vs. Mizzou
McMurphy: Oklahoma State vs. Auburn

Music City Bowl
Schlabach: Auburn vs. Indiana

Orange Bowl
Schlabach: Clemson vs. Tennessee
McMurphy: Clemson vs. Tennessee

Schlabach: Nebraska vs. Ole Miss
McMurphy: Indiana vs. Arkansas

TaxSlayer Bowl
Schlabach: Miami (F) vs. Florida (F)
McMurphy: Notre Dame vs. Ole Miss

Outback Bowl
Schlabach: Michigan State vs. Georgia (Week 4 Loser Bowl?)

Sugar Bowl
Schlabach: Texas A&M vs. Baylor

jbcarol

SEC bowl projections roundup: Two teams near-consensus picks for New Year's Six

Arkansas (3-1, 0-1 SEC)

SEC Country: Citrus Bowl vs. Wisconsin (10 Year Reunion game?)
    ESPN1: Texas Bowl vs. Texas
    ESPN2: Citrus Bowl vs. Iowa
    CBS: Music City Bowl vs. Iowa
    SB Nation: Texas Bowl vs. Baylor
    247Sports: Outback Bowl vs. Nebraska

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bowl projections heading into Week 6

Mark Schlabach
    Brett McMurphy

McMurphy: Alabama vs. Washington

McMurphy: Kentucky v. NC State

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Schlabach: West Virginia vs. Arkansas
McMurphy: Oklahoma St. v. Miss. State

Birmingham Bowl
McMurphy: Tulsa vs. Missouri

Belk Bowl
Schlabach: Auburn vs. VaTech
McMurphy: LSU vs. FSU

Liberty Bowl
Schlabach: Miss. St. vs. TCU
McMurphy: Auburn vs. TCU

Music City Bowl
Schlabach: Georgia vs. Minnesota
McMurphy: Georgia vs. Iowa

Orange Bowl
Schlabach: Louisville vs. Tennessee
McMurphy: Louisville vs. Tennessee

Schlabach: Nebraska vs. Ole Miss
McMurphy: Indiana vs. Arkansas

TaxSlayer Bowl
Schlabach: UNC vs. Florida (F)
McMurphy: Notre Dame vs. Ole Miss

Outback Bowl
Schlabach: LSU vs. Penn State

Sugar Bowl
Schlabach: Oklahoma vs. A&M

jbcarol

"I don't know," Malzahn said. "I think we do a good job playing within the rules."

QuoteArkansas (4-1, 0-1 SEC)

SEC Country: Music City Bowl vs. Notre Dame
    ESPN1: Texas Bowl vs. West Virginia
    ESPN2: Citrus Bowl vs. Indiana
    CBS: TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Florida State
    SB Nation: Music City Bowl vs. Penn State
    247Sports: Outback Bowl vs. Nebraska

jbcarol

Bowl projections going into Week 7

Schlabach: Alabama vs. Washington

McMurphy: Wake Forest v. South Carolina

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Schlabach: Kansas State vs. Georgia
McMurphy: Oklahoma St. v. Auburn

Birmingham Bowl
McMurphy: Tulsa vs. Kentucky

Belk Bowl
Schlabach: Auburn vs. North Carolina
McMurphy: Arkansas vs. FSU

Liberty Bowl
Schlabach: Oklahoma St. vs. Kentucky
McMurphy: Mizzou vs. TCU

Music City Bowl
Schlabach: Arkansas vs. Iowa

Orange Bowl

Schlabach: Wisconsin vs. Ole Miss
McMurphy: Iowa vs. LSU

TaxSlayer Bowl
McMurphy: Pitt vs. Ole Miss

Outback Bowl
Schlabach: LSU vs. Nebraska

Cotton Bowl
McMurphy: Boise State vs. Tennessee

Sugar Bowl
McMurphy: A&M vs. Baylor

DeltaBoy

If we play like we did against TAMU and Bama we will be in the  Shreveport Toilet Bowl.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

Quote from: jbcarol on October 10, 2016, 07:22:40 am
Bowl projections going into Week 7

Schlabach: Alabama vs. Washington

McMurphy: Wake Forest v. South Carolina

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Schlabach: Kansas State vs. Georgia
McMurphy: Oklahoma St. v. Auburn

Birmingham Bowl
McMurphy: Tulsa vs. Kentucky

Belk Bowl
McMurphy: Arkansas vs. FSU

Liberty Bowl
Schlabach: Oklahoma St. vs. Kentucky
McMurphy: Mizzou vs. TCU

Music City Bowl
Schlabach: Arkansas vs. Iowa

Orange Bowl

Schlabach: Wisconsin vs. Ole Miss
McMurphy: Iowa vs. LSU

TaxSlayer Bowl
McMurphy: Pitt vs. Ole Miss

Outback Bowl
Schlabach: LSU vs. Nebraska

Cotton Bowl
McMurphy: Boise State vs. Tennessee

Sugar Bowl

This would be a disaster. If we fall this far again, we have to make some changes.

str8volfan

If Tennessee make the Cotton Bowl, Im there.

jbcarol

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jbcarol

Bowl projections going into Week 8

College Football Playoff at the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl
McMurphy: Alabama vs. Clemson
Schlabach: Alabama vs. Clemson

vacant

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Schlabach: TCU v. Auburn
McMurphy: TCU v. Auburn

Birmingham Bowl
McMurphy: Temple vs. Kentucky

Belk Bowl
McMurphy: Arkansas vs. VPI

Liberty Bowl
Schlabach: Tejas vs. Kentucky
McMurphy: Georgia vs. Tejas

Music City Bowl
Schlabach: Georgia vs. Iowa
McMurphy: Ole Miss vs. Maryland

Orange Bowl

Schlabach: Nebraska vs. Florida
McMurphy: Iowa vs. Tennessee

TaxSlayer Bowl
Schlabach: Miami (F) vs. Ole Miss
McMurphy: Pitt vs. LSU

Outback Bowl
Schlabach: Wisconsin vs. Arkansas
McMurphy: Indiana vs. Florida

Sugar Bowl

Corkscrew Johnson

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/788409488156069888

Arkansas (5-2, 1-2 SEC)

SEC Country: Music City Bowl vs. Indiana
    ESPN1: Outback Bowl vs. Wisconsin (sub other B1G team)
    ESPN2: Belk Bowl vs. Virginia Tech
    CBS: TaxSlayer Bowl vs. UNC
    SB Nation: TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Miami
    247Sports: Citrus Bowl vs. UNC

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/788536706433679360

QuoteLSU currently sits at four wins, and needs only two more to reach bowl eligibility.

Tigers still have games against No. 23 Ole Miss, No. 1 Alabama, No. 17 Arkansas, No. 15 Florida and No. 6 Texas A&M.

LSU plays both Arkansas and Texas A&M on the road...

jbcarol

jbcarol

SB Nation: Fully updated 2016 bowl projections

QuoteNational Championship
Jan. 9, Tampa    Alabama    Michigan

Sugar
Jan. 2, New Orleans    Oklahoma    Texas A&M    
Orange
Dec. 30, Miami    Louisville    Tennessee

Considered Wisconsin over Tennessee as well, but UT's strength of schedule should rank better

TaxSlayer
Dec. 31, Jacksonville    Miami    Arkansas