Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clowney, All Things

Started by Amityvillehogger, January 18, 2011, 04:06:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord of the Styes

There's a tackling dummy in S. Carolina thats gonna be wearing a Denard Robinson jersey come spring practice. Priceless!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Lord of the Styes on January 01, 2013, 04:24:15 pm
There's a tackling dummy in S. Carolina thats gonna be wearing a Denard Robinson jersey come spring practice. Priceless!
it wasn't Denard....unless he changed his #

Pulled out....

PORKULATOR

I immediately got phone calls after that hit. Friends going 'holy sh t, d'you see that.'
Clowney will be detained for questioning following the game.

Investigator- Now are we to understand that this hit was premeditated and on purpose.
J. Clowney- You dam right
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 01, 2013, 04:21:06 pm
Multiple bad calls, but the worst was when the ball was obviously a chain short on a 4th down play and the ref gave Mich a 1st down anyway
Michigan o-line was the dirtiest, jersey grabbing, clipping sons a b!tches I've seen this bowl season.
Stanford's first drive looked similar but they're cleaning up their act now with the lead.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pork Twain

I was watching the wrong stinking game
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DeltaBoy

Clowney put some butt hurt on the Mich RB
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 01, 2013, 03:18:09 pm
Did Spicoli wreck HIS Z28 too?
Exactly what I thought of when I saw it.

Clowney went all "Jefferson" on him

Classic and +1.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Paul Swinebaum

When that helmet flew off I was sure the RB's dreads were in it.

For future reference, a hit like that should be called getting Clowneyed.

BatesvilleHOG

That hit seemed to be equivalent to a small car accident.

188fw_FyngRzrbk

Be professional, be courteous, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

That helmet ended up in a different zip code.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

188fw_FyngRzrbk

I think the QB stopped on a dime and was racing toward the play, not to assist, but to make sure the RB was still alive.  I guarantee you:  that will be one sore SOB in the morning - there are some organs or bones that got rearranged by Clowney.
Be professional, be courteous, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Hawgzinbowlz

Multiple bad calls, but the worst was when the ball was obviously a chain short on a 4th down play and the ref gave Mich a 1st down anyway
Question : Is this the same SEC crew from Arkansas vs. Florida 2009?

aberium2002

Quote from: Hooch on January 01, 2013, 03:06:16 pm
because he just committed manslaughter on the Michigan RB.  Good lord I can't remember someone getting hit that hard in a long time.
Here ya go WOW http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/01/jadeveon-clowney-huge-hit-south-carolina/1802955/
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

aberium2002

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Root66

What I want to know is what possesses a GD referee to make a call like that with 50,000,000 people watching the measurement. Three inches between the stick and the tip of the ball for all to see.

oppybrit

That running back is going wake up screaming in the middle of the night for years to come!!

Ray Piggers

Goodness that dude is a beast.. To top it all off, he grabbed the ball with one hand.. Harda$$
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Root66 on January 01, 2013, 07:34:19 pm
What I want to know is what possesses a GD referee to make a call like that with 50,000,000 people watching the measurement. Three inches between the stick and the tip of the ball for all to see.

the funny part was how he tried to sell it, then they moved the ball.j  Like there wasn't a camera within miles.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Hogworth W-900 on January 01, 2013, 06:21:22 pm
When that helmet flew off I was sure the RB's dreads were in it.

Along with his head. When I saw that tackle the first time, in real time, it doubled me over...I thought I had truly seen a running back's body come apart. One of the most spectacular hits I've ever seen. 
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 01, 2013, 07:57:40 pm
the funny part was how he tried to sell it, then they moved the ball.j  Like there wasn't a camera within miles.

didn't move the ball. Moved the STICK. Watch the whole replay on espn3. that stick moved. The fix was in.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Bassrox

Quote from: josh_sec33 on January 01, 2013, 08:04:34 pm
didn't move the ball. Moved the STICK. Watch the whole replay on espn3. that stick moved. The fix was in.
Yup. That's the way I saw it, too. Amazing hit. Officials on the take.

edcm1

Should have been replaced fired on the spot!
NYJMSU !!

Brand X Hog Fan

Just saw the hit for the first time. Jeebus :o . . . .
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Fort Swine

The NFL has already fined him before he gets into the league.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

HogFansReunited

I've seen a lot of bad calls but that has to be the worst call ever. There was obviously a few inches between the ball and the first down marker.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Großer Kriegschwein

That hit was straight nasty. I just heard it on the TV and it gave me flashbacks. Knocked his helmet and shoe off, I don't think anyone expected him to hold on to the ball if he even got a chance to really take possesion of it. NNNNAAASSSTTTYY!!!
This is my non-signature signature.

HG

Quote from: StevenW1976 on January 01, 2013, 10:12:23 pm
That hit was straight nasty. I just heard it on the TV and it gave me flashbacks. Knocked his helmet and shoe off, I don't think anyone expected him to hold on to the ball if he even got a chance to really take possesion of it. NNNNAAASSSTTTYY!!!

Somebody'll be lacing up both his shoes and his helmet in the future. :)

Grunt

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 01, 2013, 05:20:04 pm
I immediately got phone calls after that hit. Friends going 'holy sh t, d'you see that.'

Investigator- Now are we to understand that this hit was premeditated and on purpose.
Indeed! With malice of forethought.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 01, 2013, 05:20:04 pm

Ok +1, freakin hilarious
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Großer Kriegschwein

And the Blue Falcon Award goes to the offensive lineman that trots up after the hit, you'd think they would have remembered to block the best DE in college football. 

TexHog188

The Michigan RB should have been told that the SEC is a two chin strap league.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Großer Kriegschwein

Yeah next time he might wanna get some stickum and rubber cement, and probably have someone waiting nearby with the jaws of life and a wheelbarrow.

(I don't feel sorry for Michigan anyway after taking the Sugar Bowl bid last year)

atekido

If there has ever been a "welcome to SEC football" that was it.  and that one ref needs to be reprimanded.  i really hope there is something in the NCAA to file a complaint to.  that guy showed his biasness

urkillnmesmalls

I had watched the entire game up to that point, and it was one of the most amazing plays ever.  Everyone in the stadium had just watched the refs screw SC with that measurement that was obviously at least a few inches short.  Then the announcers were just talking about how SC had to put that behind them, focus, and get back to football.  Even the announcers acknowledged that they got screwed on the measurement.   

Then the ball was snapped on the very next play and it looked like Clowney was the bionic man or something.  For those who watched the entire thing unfold, I'm sure you shared the same thoughts I did.  I called three people.  It was the scenario leading up to the play that made it so amazing, so just seeing the replay of the hit doesn't do it justice at all.     

Clowney simply said, "We deserve the ball, and I'm ____ing going to get it back right blanking now."  And he did.  Unreal.  The only thing that could have made that any better is if he hadn't had his knee down when he picked up the ball, because he would have scored a TD easily.  Well...that and if he somehow could have run over the ref on the way to the EZ.       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

NorthChuckHog

Danny J

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on January 01, 2013, 03:07:03 pm
After the screw job on the measurement, that next play was the most satisfying play I have ever seen! >:(
I was so satisfied I even lit up a smoke!!  ;)

Buff

Quote from: itbm1 on January 01, 2013, 03:54:35 pm

Scandalous

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on January 01, 2013, 04:30:49 pm
it wasn't Denard....unless he changed his #

Pulled out....

and name

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lips

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 01, 2013, 03:16:42 pm
That was no punk he just punked. That was Dennard Robinson.

It was Vincent Smith

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Lord of the Styes on January 01, 2013, 04:24:15 pm
Nah...that dummy's already got the name "Les Miles" sewn on it. A gift from their cross-state rival Clemson.

Rockpig5

When measuring the distance of travel of three individual objects, and the helmet flew the farthest, I'd say that was a murderous hit!! 

oldbear

I flipped channels all day and just happened to see the entire scenario. I agree that it was much more interesting to watch the whole story play out. The announcers did a very good job of pointing out the screwing that occurred and I was wondering how it would affect Carolina. When Clowney made the hit I literally yelled and laughed. It was just so shocking to get the answer to how they would respond so quickly and decisively.

The ref should definitely be investigated. Because of how obvious it was and because there wasn't any speed of the play or heat of the moment excuses, this really could be the worst call I have ever seen.

HoggusMaximus

How I felt when I saw the hit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hooch on January 01, 2013, 03:06:16 pm
because he just committed manslaughter on the Michigan RB.  Good lord I can't remember someone getting hit that hard in a long time.

Just goes to show that Manti Teo didn't deserve the Heisman.  He's not even the best defensive player--Clowney is.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Buff on January 02, 2013, 01:37:31 am
Scandalous

and name

Man, I would like to see the expression on The Head Ball Coach's face after that hit, lol! Thanks for the vids and pics for those of us that missed the game. +1
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Großer Kriegschwein

January 02, 2013, 08:26:08 am #198 Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:22:19 am by StevenW1976
I'm stuck on 24 hour Staff Duty and every time I start to go to doze off I just look at that hit and the two posts at the top of the page. Priceless.

We get too much satisfaction watching a Meechigan player get throttled by a superior specimen.

Huckleberry Pig

was perusing a Michigan board and talking about the hit one of them said :

"10 guys on our D could've/would've made that same play"

to which another replied:

"Didn't know that.  We should have played them."