Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clowney, All Things

Started by Amityvillehogger, January 18, 2011, 04:06:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

Holy hell, this guy will be a stud.  Lets hope he chooses outside the SEC.  Will be a terror in someones backfield... One of the best I've ever seen on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

yonklick455

We'll probably see him oce a year when we play sc
Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 14, 2012, 09:10:36 am
no offense bro, but i don't think you've ever taken anything with a grain of salt in your life.

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 17, 2013, 10:11:51 pm
Man, the FCI that day was Threat Level Midnight.

webbgem

Matthew 6:34

The Hog

I saw him in the South Carolina and North Carolina all-start game.  This kid is an immediate impact player.

Ht:6'6"
Wt:247 lbs
40:4.6 secs

Bama, Clemson and USCe are in it for Clowney.
Automatic RUN!

yonklick455

He's a monster. Great frame with awesome speed. He gets off the ball really quick and uses his hands extremely well, BUT the blocking against him was just south of atrocious. Players were lunging at him bigtime and were clearly scared. Lunging at a guy who is that quick off the ball and has hands that good with the SUPER long arms is a real good way to get beat as an offensive lineman, especially in pass blocking situations. Conventional wisdom would be to cut block him but his legs are so long and he has such good balance that he could just walk right over the top of an attempted cut block. He's a matchup nightmare against lesser high school athletes. While I think he should continue to be productive at the college level, I don't think he'll be the terror that everyone thinks he will be.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 14, 2012, 09:10:36 am
no offense bro, but i don't think you've ever taken anything with a grain of salt in your life.

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 17, 2013, 10:11:51 pm
Man, the FCI that day was Threat Level Midnight.

oldman1015

Quote from: The Hog on January 18, 2011, 04:43:12 pm
I saw him in the South Carolina and North Carolina all-start game.  This kid is an immediate impact player.

Ht:6'6"
Wt:247 lbs
40:4.6 secs

Bama, Clemson and USCe are in it for Clowney.
auburn will pay him 180 000 to play qb.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

jgphillips3

His real name is Clowney?  Ouch...

Bubba's Bruisers

Kid better be good.  He's considered by some to be the #1 overall player in the country.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

mmhogs17

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 18, 2011, 04:53:11 pm
Kid better be good.  He's considered by ALL to be the #1 overall player in the country.

mhuff

Right on. I would be trying to find out if he likes catfish.

Hog1952

BroomeHog33

This guy is for real! He makes every team he played against look terrrible. Incredible speed and strength along with a radar for the ball. His competition may be suspect but there is no denying his talent.
Razorbacks in Attack Mode!

jdevers

Even the Bama recruiting guys think he is South Carolina bound and they think they basically have the rest of the Rivals top 30 tied up.

Personally, I would rather him be at Bama.  I think that at best Bama will always be a toss up for us, but USCe has been a moderately predictable win...hopefully he doesn't help tip the scales.

Spider-Pig

Quote from: jdevers on January 18, 2011, 05:43:40 pm
Even the Bama recruiting guys think he is South Carolina bound and they think they basically have the rest of the Rivals top 30 tied up.

Personally, I would rather him be at Bama.  I think that at best Bama will always be a toss up for us, but USCe has been a moderately predictable win...hopefully he doesn't help tip the scales.

usc-e>bama in our case

Triple T

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 18, 2011, 04:50:37 pm
His real name is Clowney?  Ouch...
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no one has EVER made fun of the kid for his last name.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Triple T on January 18, 2011, 06:15:13 pm
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no one has EVER made fun of the kid for his last name.

Or maybe they did and his anger drove him to this level of play. :)

PigDaddyKane

Wow!  What a beast.  I loved the first play when he ran down the RB 40 yards down field.  Also loved the 99 yard TD run.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Amityvillehogger

Crazy thing is, kid could probably be a great RB at 6'6 250. :D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BayofPigs

#44 on that video looks pretty good too

The Hog

Quote from: Triple T on January 18, 2011, 06:15:13 pm
They did not live to tell about it!  Clowney pinched their head off.  ;)
Automatic RUN!

RAF

Oh good lord.  That's just not fair.

kclvr

Stars don't matter do they?  Hope he goes to Clemson with that said.

jkstock04

If you watched the UA All American game u saw him...he is all he is cracked up to be...and like the OP says I hope he chooses a team outside of the SEC...although I believe he is Gamecock bound. 

He will be an absolute terror in college IMO.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Fatmanhog

i think it was ESPn that said he was their highest rated recruit ever
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

GoHogs1091

Quote from: jdevers on January 18, 2011, 05:43:40 pm

If the Hogs are going to have to face Clowney, I personally would rather him be at South Carolina than Alabama.  The reason why is because it would be easier for us to have to try to contain Clowney with him on the South Carolina Defense, which on a whole, doesn't have the total amount of talent as Alabama's Defense.  It would be much more difficult (if not impossible) to have to try to contain Clowney if he was surrounded by the rest of the ultra talented blue chip talent on Alabama's Defense.  In other words, we wouldn't be able to focus as much on Clowney if he was surrounded by other great Defenders.  On South Carolina's Defense, we would be able to focus more on Clowney, and we could probably get away with it regarding focusing more on Clowney.

I presume there still is a chance that Saban might land Clowney.  Clowney will probably end up committing to South Carolina.  Even if Saban doesn't land Clowney, Saban's 2011 Recruiting Class is not devoid of very good incoming Defensive Ends.  Saban has landed the following DEs.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quinton-Dial-106568

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Xzavier-Dickson-99967

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-D.J.-Pettway-105695

hogwild210

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 18, 2011, 11:15:43 pm
If the Hogs are going to have to face Clowney, I personally would rather him be at South Carolina than Alabama.  The reason why is because it would be easier for us to have to try to contain Clowney with him on the South Carolina Defense, which on a whole, doesn't have the total amount of talent as Alabama's Defense.  It would be much more difficult (if not impossible) to have to try to contain Clowney if he was surrounded by the rest of the ultra talented blue chip talent on Alabama's Defense.  In other words, we wouldn't be able to focus as much on Clowney if he was surrounded by other great Defenders.  On South Carolina's Defense, we would be able to focus more on Clowney, and we could probably get away with it regarding focusing more on Clowney.

I presume there still is a chance that Saban might land Clowney.  Clowney will probably end up committing to South Carolina.  Even if Saban doesn't land Clowney, Saban's 2011 Recruiting Class is not devoid of very good incoming Defensive Ends.  Saban has landed the following DEs.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quinton-Dial-106568

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Xzavier-Dickson-99967

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-D.J.-Pettway-105695

Agreed.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

heathtits

He's a once every 5-10 year type prospect.

Just ridiculously gifted physically.

hogfan064

Quote from: Hog1952 on January 18, 2011, 05:15:20 pm
Maybe he is Clemson bound!

Not a chance, especially now that CLemson has lost the guy that was recruiting him to Alabama. 

I live in South Carolina and I have covered a couple of the kid's games.  He's probably 70% Gamecock right now and 30% Bama. 

I've heard several people on Rivals call the kid the best prospect they've ever covered. 

hogfan064

Quote from: Seebs on January 18, 2011, 11:33:06 pm
Number 44 - Gerald Dixon - 5.7 3 star - Looks like Sc will have bookends.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Gerald-Dixon-117191

His dad played at South Carolina and his half brother also named Gerald Dixon will be at USC.

HogHill2010

I want Clowney to play in the SEC. You wanna be able to sayv youve beaten the best.

kclvr

Quote from: HogHill2010 on January 19, 2011, 08:59:44 am
I want Clowney to play in the SEC. You wanna be able to sayv youve beaten the best.

Thats what everyone was crowing about the Ohio State players. We see what would have happened if they had been in warm ups. Just saying I want him at clemson.

hogwild210

Quote from: HogHill2010 on January 19, 2011, 08:59:44 am

This. Beating sub-par competition is the equivalent to a moral victory, imo. No point.

TrojanHog

Quote from: kclvr on January 18, 2011, 08:17:17 pm

No, they don't matter and this kid doesn't make the star givers look any smarter.  A one-eyed dementia patient could tell you he's really, really good.

It's the middle where the stars don't matter and a coach's eye matters more.  What's the potential for a kid?  What's his frame look like? Intelligence? What sort of weight lifting program did they have at his school? Did he have to play out of position because his school couldn't field a team otherwise? 

The Hog

Quote from: hogwild210 on January 19, 2011, 01:21:48 pm
This. Beating sub-par competition is the equivalent to a moral victory, imo. No point.
Did you watch the North Carolina vs South Carolina High School All Star Game or the Under Armor game?  No lack of talent on the O line of NC team or the O line of the West.  Are they all D1 greats?  Probably not but a heck of a lot better than your regular run of the mill state players.  Yes he dominated in his state but so far he has taken it outside of the state against some of the best and still dominates.
Automatic RUN!

hogwild210

Quote from: The Hog on January 19, 2011, 05:03:13 pm
Did you watch the North Carolina vs South Carolina High School All Star Game or the Under Armor game?  No lack of talent on the O line of NC team or the O line of the West.  Are they all D1 greats?  Probably not but a heck of a lot better than your regular run of the mill state players.  Yes he dominated in his state but so far he has taken it outside of the state against some of the best and still dominates.

Huh? My post was in reference to the Sugar Bowl comment...

The Hog

Quote from: hogwild210 on January 19, 2011, 10:46:10 pm
Huh? My post was in reference to the Sugar Bowl comment...
Sorry.  I thought you were referring to Clowney.
Automatic RUN!

Hoggish1

That IS a stud.  It looks like a cartoon character out there amongst midgets.

Chuck Boarris

Quote from: kclvr on January 18, 2011, 08:17:17 pm

This kid is a bad ass. The "stars don't matter" argument doesn't work in this situation.

hawgsav1

Clowney really is a stud, but people were saying a lot about Jackson Jeffcoat last year.  Jeffcoat started this year at Texas and made an impact, but didn't destroy everyone the way people predicted.  Both players will be monsters in a few years though.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

iharfor

I love how the arrow pointing him out before the play was not necessary at all.

Chief_Osceola

I laughed and replayed for 5 minutes at the 10:50 mark.

Razorpigg

Quote from: iharfor on January 20, 2011, 07:19:05 pm
I love how the arrow pointing him out before the play was not necessary at all.

LOL +1.  Yup wasnt like you couldnt see the one absolutely destroying everyone he touched. If he touched them they were D-O-N-E

mckinneyhog5

He look like the football player on Fast Times at Ridgemont High after Spicoli wrecked his car and blamed it on the opposing team.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Amityvillehogger

Kids like the guys I used to create on the playstation back in the day. Gave them 100's in every category and made em 6'6 300 and running a sub 4.4.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

3kgthog

He's good, but I wasn't seeing much from his competition. They were all small and slow.

Tylerhog

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 18, 2011, 04:44:48 pm
auburn will pay him 180 000 to play qb.

You beat me to it! Exactly what I was thinking, "the money is just too good" at Auburn!

Torqued pork

January 24, 2011, 11:34:43 am #47 Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:44:19 pm by Bubbaswinestein
I doubt NFL teams are dumb enough to want their divisional rivals to strengthen themselves as much as possible with every draft pick and every trade. Wanting players such as Clowney to sign with the competition makes no sense. Isn't the path to the BCS already tougher in the SEC than in any other conference? Let Clowney go to a school where he'll have no chance to hurt Arkansas for 3 or 4 years, PLEASE!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on January 24, 2011, 11:34:43 am
I doubt NFL teams are dumb enough to  want their divisional rivals to strengthen themselves as much as possible with every draft pick and every trade. Wanting players such as Clowney to sign with the competition makes no sense. Isn't the path to the BCS tougher in the SEC than in any other conference already? Let Clowney go to a school where he'll have no chance to hurt Arkansas for 3 or 4 years, PLEASE!

Like FSU?

booogaga

why dont we offer these guys that are super 5 star studs. i mean i know there is very little chance but sometimes you can strike lightning in a bottle?
GO HOGS!