Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spurrier on Finebaum mentioning Bielema and satellite camps...

Started by JackTNHogfan, May 27, 2015, 08:50:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTNHogfan

Did anyone catch it?  He said something about Bielema needing/wanting to get on the road for some camps.  He mentioned most SEC coaches don't like the satellite camps but that Coach B was of the opposite opinion.

JackTNHogfan

For the record, I think it would certainly help rather than hurt our program.

ricepig

It's fairly simple to understand, we have the least number of D-I prospects and the furthest distance from a lot of this talent. I'd imagine Bielema would love to have camps in south Florida, Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2015, 08:57:20 pm
It's fairly simple to understand, we have the least number of D-I prospects and the furthest distance from a lot of this talent. I'd imagine Bielema would love to have camps in south Florida, Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas.

Exactly

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2015, 08:57:20 pm

Exactly.

JackTNHogfan

HogInFlorida

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on May 27, 2015, 08:53:07 pm
For the record, I think it would certainly help rather than hurt our program.

In my opinion, it would hurt A&M, LSU, Georgia and Florida for sure. Not so much for the Bama and Miss schools. But it would almost certainly help us, Tennessee, USCe and Kentucky.

Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame and Oregon won't be having camps in Arkansas. But you can sure as hell bet they'll be in Florida, Texas and Louisiana.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogInFlorida on May 27, 2015, 09:18:53 pm
In my opinion, it would hurt A&M, LSU, Georgia and Florida for sure. Not so much for the Bama and Miss schools. But it would almost certainly help us, Tennessee, USCe and Kentucky.

Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame and Oregon won't be having camps in Arkansas. But you can sure as hell bet they'll be in Florida, Texas and Louisiana.
but we can't. it's just downright retarded. the rule is literally meant to keep arkansas down. END IT.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hawghiggs

If the SEC starts to allow this. Then I hope all 14 coaches in the SEC hold a camp in Ohio.

greenie

Quote from: Hawghiggs on May 27, 2015, 10:31:22 pm
If the SEC starts to allow this. Then I hope all 14 coaches in the SEC hold a camp in Ohio.

Would be hilarious. Urban would have a panic attack.

ChicoHog

that would be awesome!  And then every Pac 12, Big 12, ACC schools do the same thing.  Beautiful!

MuskogeeHogFan

I believe that the way that the rules are set up now you would have to have someone like Dayton hold a football camp and then invite the coaching staff from Arkansas to staff the camp.

Same thing in Texas where in the past Div III Mary-Hardin Baylor (Central Texas) has held camps and had Okla State staff their camp. Okla State notifies their recruits of interest that they are staffing the camp, word gets out to many others, MHB ends up having a huge camp and gains access to a lot of recruits that Okla State will never sign, but might never have attended had it not been for Okla State's coaching staff running the camp. Good situation for both schools.

And yeah, we need to be able to do this.
Go Hogs Go!

WorfHog

If I understand what Saban was saying yesterday these camps are held during a no contact period in the recruiting cycle and it allows coaches from other conferences to interact with recruits when the SEC coaches just have to sit on their hands. Bielema also said most of the camps are held when he's trying to give his assistants time for vacation.  Being able to host camps in Texas and Florida would be huge for us (I see Tennessee benefiting as well) though and if the NCAA doesn't move to ban the practice then the SEC should move their policies in line with the other conferences.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cinco de Hogo

Those poor coaches aren't never gonna get a vacation again!!!

Maybe the NCAA needs to set a total shutdown period when coaches and player can't attend ANYTHING.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on May 28, 2015, 12:52:16 pm
Those poor coaches aren't never gonna get a vacation again!!!

Maybe the NCAA needs to set a total shutdown period when coaches and player can't attend ANYTHING.
+1 this! June 20th to August 20th. 0 contact of any type!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Sivad

Fabulous. That would vapor lock ole Urb for sure.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Sivad on May 30, 2015, 02:48:21 pm
Fabulous. That would vapor lock ole Urb for sure.
I never really got the OHIO football thing till I drove to Youngstown a couple of times and from different routes and there are like 7 or 8 cities  you go through with like 5-700,000 folks in it and best we could tell about 11-13,000,000 population. Lots of high school prospects there.

Cinco de Hogo

FATHAWG08

If this staff is able to go to all the recruiting hot spots & have camps in South Fl., Louisiana, Texas. & Ga. With the coaches on this staff it would only accelerate our program to the elite status in the SEC that I feel we are headed.
I love off season Football!!