Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 26, 2015, 10:13:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A Hogwork Orange

I think the link is broken or the server is down. Won't work for me.

Hawgzinbowlz

Willy Kouassi may help for next year.
We're getting visits from guys that have top tier offer lists.

" GO HOGS "

JIHawg

Please, no reports about how he loved his visit. 

LRrazorback

I don't think N Texas and Western Kentucky are top tier offers. Looks like we're reaching due to losing out on others

mhuff

Quote from: LRrazorback on May 26, 2015, 12:05:56 pm
I don't think N Texas and Western Kentucky are top tier offers. Looks like we're reaching due to losing out on others

Looks like he has some good teams interested. Western Kentucky has had some great teams the last 15 years or so.
Agree we are reaching..... but this is a short reach that could produce dividends in an area of need...... Still need scoring SF.

hawginbigd1

Pennamon, between us and houston? That seems like a no brainer if you think you are a top tier RB.

ifghog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 26, 2015, 12:26:47 pm
Pennamon, between us and houston? That seems like a no brainer if you think you are a top tier RB.
He has some big offers....Houston is close to home I believe.

Wildhog

Herman's recruiting well to UH.  They just landed a 4-star DL. 

Still, no excuse to lose a RB to Houston when you're recruiting to a Bret Bielema offense in the SEC.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PaintballHog

Pennamon has good offers for a 3*, but don't think he's on Whaley/White level. Hopefully a commitment from him doesn't put us down the list for the other two.

AugustaHog

I think we are expecting to take 2-3 RBs this year so I don't see how that should impact guys like Whaley and White.  If they want to come to the Hill, there will be a place for them. 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PaintballHog on May 26, 2015, 12:42:56 pm
Pennamon has good offers for a 3*, but don't think he's on Whaley/White level. Hopefully a commitment from him doesn't put us down the list for the other two.

I don't know if he's on the level of White and Whaley or not...I do know, however, that despite his 3* ranking, he has offers from the likes of Arkansas, Florida, UGA, Tenner, Ole Mrs, KSU, NU, UCLA, Louisville, etc...I'll take him

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Wildhog on May 26, 2015, 12:40:34 pm

Still, no excuse to lose a RB to Houston when you're recruiting to a Bret Bielema offense in the SEC.
That's what i was getting at, if you believe you are an elite RB or even TE you don't choose Houston over Us. Other positions maybe so, but definitely not RB.

bigdaddyhawg

Sorry, but this is just silly.

There could be a 1000 reasons the kid might want to go to UH over the UA.

Every year every single school loses recruits for some of them, such as girlfriend goes there, close to home, grew up loving that team, don't like NWA (stupid, right??), their best friend is going to that school, etc..

Now, you and I might think those reasons don't hold much water, but that's the kid's decision to make, based on what he sees as important, not what you and I see.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

WildRazorback

I wonder how soon is 'soon' for Pennamon? I'd love to get our foot in the door at Manvel. We also have a top LB prospect (I think we are still on) in Manvel. Jordan Carmouche was a big name for us months ago; however, I haven't heard much lately. I always love stealing Texas talent and this guy has other SEC offers.. Let's not be mistaken guys, Bielema and his staff knows he has stud running backs on his board.. So he would only take this guy if he really thought it was a great pickup, especially this early into the recruiting season. We also need to keep that in mind if he decides on Houston over us.

Wildhog

Quote from: WildRazorback on May 26, 2015, 02:31:47 pm
I wonder how soon is 'soon' for Pennamon? I'd love to get our foot in the door at Manvel. We also have a top LB prospect (I think we are still on) in Manvel. Jordan Carmouche was a big name for us months ago; however, I haven't heard much lately. I always love stealing Texas talent and this guy has other SEC offers.. Let's not be mistaken guys, Bielema and his staff knows he has stud running backs on his board.. So he would only take this guy if he really thought it was a great pickup, especially this early into the recruiting season. We also need to keep that in mind if he decides on Houston over us.

We would take Pennamon right this second if he'd commit.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PaintballHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 26, 2015, 01:36:42 pm
I don't know if he's on the level of White and Whaley or not...I do know, however, that despite his 3* ranking, he has offers from the likes of Arkansas, Florida, UGA, Tenner, Ole Mrs, KSU, NU, UCLA, Louisville, etc...I'll take him

Fact is we need another AC caliber rb in this class with Jwill leaving. If coaches think this is the guy, then I'm all for it. But if we are settling because we can't the Whaley's and the Whites of the recruiting world now, that's disappointing.

Still a long way to NSD tho, we'll see.

beringer62

Yes, I want White/Whaley!!

WaltonCollege

This kid has offers to like half the schools in the SEC so I'm not too worried about rankings or stars. Also if he is down to us and Houston he will pick us, I know he's from Houston yada yada but if he doesn't pick us he's really only short changing himself. Sounds like he will soon call the hogs Woo Pig

Choctaw Hog

May 26, 2015, 04:15:46 pm #19 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:15:16 pm by Choctaw Hog

And no excuse will be put forth but sometimes a player just likes a particular school.  Nothing wrong with that and no excuse is needed. 

WildRazorback

Quote from: Wildhog on May 26, 2015, 03:15:11 pm

I'm sure we would without a doubt. I think it's curious that he just posted on Twitter yesterday that he was announcing a top 10 soon. Seems counterproductive to tell Twitter one thing and RD something different. But regardless, I'm really hoping this guy does pick us. He will get that 4th star before 2016 and no one will be questioning our decision to go after him.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on May 26, 2015, 03:15:11 pm

Not saying that we wouldn't, or that we would. Have you discussed this with the staff? Just sayin, I doubt any of us know what they know about these kids or how they evaluate players, let alone who they value more than another, or why.
Go Hogs Go!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 26, 2015, 05:14:04 pm
Not saying that we wouldn't, or that we would. Have you discussed this with the staff? Just sayin, I doubt any of us know what they know about these kids or how they evaluate players, let alone who they value more than another, or why.

Nice post, sir.

I think we've seen with CBB that he is absolutely willing to let good players go if he believes we've got a chance at a much better player.

I get the impression this staff is very analytical and unemotional when it comes to player evaluations and making the most out of the allotted slots we have to deal with.  And they're not going to settle.

I find that encouraging and reassuring.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

greenie

Pennamon measurables:

Scout - 5' 11 1/2", 191 lbs
247 - 5' 11", 199 lbs
HUDL - 6' 0", 195 lbs, 4.48 40YD, 47.9 400M
Rivals - 5' 10", 221 lbs
ESPN - 6' 0", 199 lbs, 4.73 40YD

His HUDL video appears to show good breakaway speed, vision, and a few instances of good pass catching.  Not sure about the level of competition he plays against, but he looks good in this video (as most players do in their HUDL videos). 

I'm impressed by the quality of offers of late, but I sometimes wonder what offers are just "get our foot in the door" gestures by programs rather than a real "we'll take your commitment anytime" offer.

BTW, the 47.9 400 meters is nothing to sneeze at.

hawgwild child

Quote from: greenie on May 26, 2015, 05:19:10 pm
Pennamon measurables:

247 - 5' 11", 199 lbs
Rivals - 5' 10", 221 lbs

His HUDL video appears to show good breakaway speed, vision, and a few instances of good pass catching.  Not sure about the level of competition he plays against, but he looks good in this video (as most players do in their HUDL videos). 

I'm impressed by the quality of offers of late, but I sometimes wonder what offers are just "get our foot in the door" gestures by programs rather than a real "we'll take your commitment anytime" offer.

Rivals definitely has a big weight difference than the rest lol.  Solid measurables for a guy going into his sr year tho

carolinahogger

Quote from: PaintballHog on May 26, 2015, 12:42:56 pm

Only a 3 star, but I watched his video a few weeks ago and the kid looks really good to me.

redeye

Just landed a 5-star DL in Oliver, too.  I believe we were also recruiting him, even though it doesn't show it on 247, but he chose Houston over Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma and Texas, among others.  I hear Herman is really concentrating on Houston and it seems to be paying off for him.  Arkansas is the smart choice, but it wouldn't surprise me if Pennamon chose Houston for this reason.

Also just noticed that Dixie Wooten III has committed to Houston.  Seems we still haven't offered, but I'm surprised he committed to Houston so quick.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: greenie on May 26, 2015, 05:19:10 pm
Pennamon measurables:

247 - 5' 11", 199 lbs
Rivals - 5' 10", 221 lbs

im pretty sure every school that offers a player does so to get a commitment. Alabama isn't going to offer a 5 Star athlete "just to get their foot in the door."

Oklahawg

The whining and pessimism from the usual suspects is pathetic.

This kid has an offer prior to summer camps. This is nothing short of a high-end target.

The question instead should be, is this kid high enough up the UA wish list to accept the commitment? If not, we may lose him to UH because the kid wants closure and to prep for his senior season.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 26, 2015, 10:41:29 pm

This kid has an offer prior to summer camps. This is nothing short of a high-end target.

The question instead should be, is this kid high enough up the UA wish list to accept the commitment? If not, we may lose him to UH because the kid wants closure and to prep for his senior season.

But the pessimistic "experts" on here will be better if Pennamon gets anointed another star to make him a "can't miss" 4-star player.  After all, just that alone makes him a much better player it matters not what a player does after he is in college but how high he is rated coming out of high school.  Just look how a 4-star rating helped Tenpenny.   

PaintballHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 26, 2015, 10:41:29 pm

The usual overreaction when someone says something other than a thread full of "Thanks Richard", "Looks like a good group of kids", or "They would look good in a hog uniform, WPS". God forbid there's a discussion and conflicting opinions.

Anyway, I said if this kid is who coach B wants, then I'm 100% for it, but if it's because we're losing ground on White/Whaley and we're settling, that would be disappointing. The rest of the SEC has Chubb, Henry, Fournette, etc, there's no reason why we can't have top tier rb talent also in this offense.

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 27, 2015, 07:19:24 am
But the pessimistic "experts" on here will be better if Pennamon gets anointed another star to make him a "can't miss" 4-star player.  After all, just that alone makes him a much better player it matters not what a player does after he is in college but how high he is rated coming out of high school.  Just look how a 4-star rating helped Tenpenny.

Are you saying having 4 and 5 star recruits has no correlation on winning, championships, and draft picks?

http://athlonsports.collegeexpertsclub.com/news/showSports/id/91972

carolinahogger

If you think he is "saying" that, then why not quote the text where he said it?

PaintballHog

Quote from: carolinahogger on May 27, 2015, 08:36:56 am
If you think he is "saying" that, then why not quote the text where he said it?

He was obviously insinuating that stars don't matter. 

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on May 27, 2015, 08:48:52 am
He was obviously insinuating that stars don't matter. 

Just like you are insinuating we would be settling?

PaintballHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2015, 09:48:28 am
Just like you are insinuating we would be settling?

From this thread:

Quote from: PaintballHog on May 27, 2015, 08:29:36 am
Fact is we need another AC caliber rb in this class with Jwill leaving. If coaches think this is the guy, then I'm all for it. But if we are settling because we can't the Whaley's and the Whites of the recruiting world now, that's disappointing.

Still a long way to NSD tho, we'll see.

Anyway, I said if this kid is who coach B wants, then I'm 100% for it, but if it's because we're losing ground on White/Whaley and we're settling, that would be disappointing.

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on May 27, 2015, 09:56:18 am
From this thread:

I read your comments and his, I didn't see the difference, thus the question.

PaintballHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2015, 10:03:28 am
I read your comments and his, I didn't see the difference, thus the question.

Let me break it down:

QuoteFact is we need another AC caliber rb in this class with Jwill leaving. If coaches think this is the guy, then I'm all for it. But if we are settling because we can't the Whaley's and the Whites of the recruiting world now, that's disappointing.

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on May 27, 2015, 10:13:36 am
Let me break it down:

Yep, you weren't insinuating, but neither was he, I just thought it was ironic.

Pig in the Pokey

7'3 in 9th grade??? Is his vertical at least a foot? That's freakish.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PaintballHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2015, 10:47:54 am
Yep, you weren't insinuating, but neither was he, I just thought it was ironic.

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 27, 2015, 07:19:24 am
After all, just that alone makes him a much better player it matters not what a player does after he is in college but how high he is rated coming out of high school.

Insinuating: suggest or hint (something bad or reprehensible) in an indirect and unpleasant way

QuoteJust look how a 4-star rating helped Tenpenny.

Also insinuating that a 4-star rating doesn't matter.

Let's not play dumb, it's obvious what he meant in that rant.

Oklahawg

Everybody congratulate PaintballHog.

Another locked thread. Good work, pardner.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra