Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

247 Sports-2015 Football Recruiting Hits and Misses

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, May 19, 2015, 05:55:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Here you can see who they projected to be signees and those that they predicted would not be. Just goes to show you how things can change. But they were probably more right than wrong most of the time.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/InstitutionPredictions
Go Hogs Go!

CattleCorn

PaintballHog

After Rodgers, I would say some of those "misses" were players we could've gotten, but were after better players at the time. Howell would be a hog if we didn't think we were in the race for Weathersby

razorbacker3

They left off Hjalte Froholdt who was the highest rated player than any of our other signees.

Boarmonger

There were several that ended up at KSU.  Interesting...

redeye

Keep in mind that we passed on several of these players.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redeye on May 19, 2015, 02:40:58 pm

No doubt, but this was about their predictions. Something to keep in mind for the future.
Go Hogs Go!

hoofer

Quote from: redeye on May 19, 2015, 02:40:58 pm

I didn't realize Kylan Johnson ended up at Fla. We passed on him and I guess Shannon liked him enough to recruit him.

redeye

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 19, 2015, 08:13:34 pm
No doubt, but this was about their predictions. Something to keep in mind for the future.

Not very reliable, are they?  One thing I've noticed with many 4-5* players is that they often have predictions to Alabama, Ohio State, etc early, even when the player doesn't seem to have any real interest in those schools.  I think some guys just make a prediction for the "biggest" school on the player's offer list and often never change it.

Quote from: hoofer on May 19, 2015, 09:40:51 pm
I didn't realize Kylan Johnson ended up at Fla. We passed on him and I guess Shannon liked him enough to recruit him.

Was he a Shannon recruit all along?  I can't remember.

Styflin

Weathersby was someone we really needed. I thought he was ours at the end. Oh well.

whosiskid

The one I wish we'd gone after harder was Charles West. After the JWill, Budda, Kody, and RWill III we are really pretty thin at running back. And we don't have any running backs with his kind of speed. I think he is going to eat it up at BYU.

What's the deal with Tyler Phillips? Is he not playing anywhere?
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

whosiskid

Quote from: Styflin on May 20, 2015, 10:59:25 am
Weathersby was someone we really needed. I thought he was ours at the end. Oh well.

He and Dowdy were both guys I wanted. Win some lose some I guess.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: whosiskid on May 20, 2015, 04:20:15 pm
The one I wish we'd gone after harder was Charles West. After the JWill, Budda, Kody, and RWill III we are really pretty thin at running back. And we don't have any running backs with his kind of speed. I think he is going to eat it up at BYU.

What's the deal with Tyler Phillips? Is he not playing anywhere?
Walking on here
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redeye on May 20, 2015, 01:54:28 am
Not very reliable, are they?  One thing I've noticed with many 4-5* players is that they often have predictions to Alabama, Ohio State, etc early, even when the player doesn't seem to have any real interest in those schools.  I think some guys just make a prediction for the "biggest" school on the player's offer list and often never change it.

I will give them credit for at least being very open and honest after the fact about their hits and misses.
Go Hogs Go!

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Styflin on May 20, 2015, 10:59:25 am
Weathersby was the one that hurt.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

deedster84

Out of that group we signed, pick 2 that you believe will leave a mark on Arkansas Football.
I'm thinking(hoping) Cantrell and Bell are going be studs. Cantrell can play  fullback, TE, split out, slot. And with Bell's size and strength, if he takes it serious, he can be as dominant an end as we've had since Billy Ray Smith. I know, smite away. JMO.