Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 18, 2015, 03:35:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 18, 2015, 03:35:32 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/may/18/monday/

Thanks Rich, I appreciate your work.

The thing that I notice about our O-Line recruiting is that it isn't limited to a regional philosophy. Seems like Pittman/Bielema are willing to go wherever they feel they need to go to find the very best offensive linemen. Our recruiting has improved by leaps and bounds.
Go Hogs Go!

UNCLE BACK

Richard, are we finished with basketball recruiting if we don't get KA? Have not heard any new names in a while!

Arthur pigby sellers.

I think Pittman is such a great recruiter and respected O line coach the Hogs go national with O line recruiting.  It's already paid off with Ragnow, Kirkland, Skipper, Seabass, Koehler. Etc.  Basically all of our lineman are from outside our normal recruiting territory and Florida is on the outskirts.  We need a good crop this year since we will lose 2 senior starters and probably 1 junior to the NFL and are reserves are already thin. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on May 18, 2015, 08:23:02 am
I think Pittman is such a great recruiter and respected O line coach the Hogs go national with O line recruiting.  It's already paid off with Ragnow, Kirkland, Skipper, Seabass, Koehler. Etc.  Basically all of our lineman are from outside our normal recruiting territory and Florida is on the outskirts.  We need a good crop this year since we will lose 2 senior starters and probably 1 junior to the NFL and are reserves are already thin.
Sorry but who is Seabass? ??? ??? I haven't heard of him.

sowmonella

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 18, 2015, 09:03:02 am
Sorry but who is Seabass? ??? ??? I haven't heard of him.

Sebastian Tretola.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 18, 2015, 06:57:26 am
Richard, are we finished with basketball recruiting if we don't get KA? Have not heard any new names in a while!

I think that's it unless something unexpected happens.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 18, 2015, 10:44:28 am
I think that's it unless something unexpected happens.
What r we gonna do then 8)

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on May 18, 2015, 11:41:11 am
What r we gonna do then 8)
Well, Richard will be the first to tell you that Mike is sneaky in his recruiting... They have offered a few I'm sure but its on the down low.

nwahogfan1

Pittman has enough confidence in himself to go after about any OLM in about any state.  Good for him.

OLDHOG

LA Football fan

Richard,  I only have one question.  I continuously hear of our football coaches out recruiting, ie visiting schools, etc.  It seems that we rarely hear of the basketball coaches out on the road.  Is it due to fewer numbers out there compared to football, more restrictions on when you can see the recruits, or do our coaches only show up for AAU tourneys for the most part?   Not trying to bash here.  I truly am trying to find out if our basketball coaches are on the road recruiting as much as it seems the football coaches are or is basketball recruiting just a different animal compared to football recruiting.

I think MA has done yeoman's work in getting the foundation repaired in APR and solid character basketball players.  The results speak for themselves and last season was a welcome return to prominence that we have been longing for.   I know they are establishing contacts with high level recruits and we see mentions of that in your reports at different times.  It just seems that either the basketball program is keeping their interest in certain recruits quiet or we really are just concentrating on a select few that we feel we can sign.  Just an observation.  I know you are much closer to what is really going on so that is why I directed this to you.   Thanks.

Vantage 8 dude