Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 O Line Class

Started by WaltonCollege, May 17, 2015, 03:23:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

Bielema said in a recent interview we would take 5 O linemen this upcoming class. Anyone know who our main targets are or where they are ranked? Woo Pig!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WaltonCollege on May 17, 2015, 03:23:35 pm
Bielema said in a recent interview we would take 5 O linemen this upcoming class. Anyone know who our main targets are or where they are ranked? Woo Pig!
I think just to p.o. bigdaddyhawg CBB and staff are going to go after the OG transferring from Texas (Darius James) hard. ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 17, 2015, 03:35:17 pm
I think just to p.o. bigdaddyhawg CBB and staff are going to go after the OG transferring from Texas (Darius James) hard. ;)

Gus has already hepped him to Allbarn.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on May 17, 2015, 03:38:24 pm
Gus has already hepped him to Allbarn.
That's going to make bigdaddyhawg awful mad..........

WaltonCollege

I've heard of a couple names from Richard like Jean Delance and Denzel Okafor from Texas but these guys all have some big name offers and no one really has us narrowed down to a favorite. Any one know of 3 or 4 stars with us in their top 3?

navyhog24

Kellen Diesch is probably the only one that we for sure lead for

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 17, 2015, 04:39:14 pm
Kellen Diesch is probably the only one that we for sure lead for

That we for sure know about. 

WBC Hog

1. Dylan Soehner - the only in-state guy on the OL board to my knowledge. We're recruiting him but I'm very curious to see if we offer. He may be like Klint Harvey of the 2015 class, a guy who is talented enough to play free D1 ball but chooses to walk-on or be a preferred walk-on so he can be a Hog.

2. Kellen Diesch - I think this guy will be our first OL commit for 2016, unless there is somebody out there keeping it real quiet. Always possible. I hope this guy doesn't turn out to be 2016's Keaton Sutherland. Also, 247 lists him as a TE but, Sam Pittman is recruiting him.

3. Josh Ball - his name has come up a lot here lately. He'll be releasing his "top 10" this week. He has 25 offers. I think we make the cut.

4. Terrance Davis - he's an OG from Maryland and just put us in his "top 10" as well

5. Garrett Bolles - this big guy is from Utah. RD just had a tidbit about him this yesterday. Very interested in the Hogs.

6. Denzel Okafor - another legitimate possibility

OGR69

My son worked out with Sutherland at the same trainer-He liked Arkansas, but was really all A&M for whatever reason.
Diesch goes to school with my son.  Played TE as a soph, DE as a JR-just got moved to LT this spring.  My son played C as a soph, got moved to RT as a JR and was hoping to move back to C (due to size), but keeping him as RT.  Kellen was voted team defensive player of year-my son was OL of the year.  Having moved to the OL, Kellen has had some "growing" pains, but according to my son has recently figured it out and is really doing good.  We are trying to talk Kellen into going to camp with us on the Hill in June.  They talk quite a bit about the Hogs and CSP.  Kellen has quite a few big offers and has not hinted at any one school he really likes yet (at least to friends).  They compare notes and discuss pros and cons of their offers with each other-Hogs seem to get more + and less - (hey we are big Hog fans what can I say).

Slimac4

Quote from: OGR69 on May 18, 2015, 11:34:36 am
My son worked out with Sutherland at the same trainer-He liked Arkansas, but was really all A&M for whatever reason.
Diesch goes to school with my son.  Played TE as a soph, DE as a JR-just got moved to LT this spring.  My son played C as a soph, got moved to RT as a JR and was hoping to move back to C (due to size), but keeping him as RT.  Kellen was voted team defensive player of year-my son was OL of the year.  Having moved to the OL, Kellen has had some "growing" pains, but according to my son has recently figured it out and is really doing good.  We are trying to talk Kellen into going to camp with us on the Hill in June.  They talk quite a bit about the Hogs and CSP.  Kellen has quite a few big offers and has not hinted at any one school he really likes yet (at least to friends).  They compare notes and discuss pros and cons of their offers with each other-Hogs seem to get more + and less - (hey we are big Hog fans what can I say).

Who's your son??

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 17, 2015, 03:35:17 pm

I AM absolutely heartbroken we didn't get him.  He's going to be a stud!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

WaltonCollege

Quote from: WBC Hog on May 18, 2015, 02:03:38 am
1. Dylan Soehner - the only in-state guy on the OL board to my knowledge. We're recruiting him but I'm very curious to see if we offer. He may be like Klint Harvey of the 2015 class, a guy who is talented enough to play free D1 ball but chooses to walk-on or be a preferred walk-on so he can be a Hog.

2. Kellen Diesch - I think this guy will be our first OL commit for 2016, unless there is somebody out there keeping it real quiet. Always possible. I hope this guy doesn't turn out to be 2016's Keaton Sutherland. Also, 247 lists him as a TE but, Sam Pittman is recruiting him.

3. Josh Ball - his name has come up a lot here lately. He'll be releasing his "top 10" this week. He has 25 offers. I think we make the cut.

4. Terrance Davis - he's an OG from Maryland and just put us in his "top 10" as well

5. Garrett Bolles - this big guy is from Utah. RD just had a tidbit about him this yesterday. Very interested in the Hogs.

6. Denzel Okafor - another legitimate possibility

Thanks that's a nice list, either way we know Pittman can close. Woo Pig