Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 15, 2015, 12:34:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

Having Kendell Jones visit would help.
Nice list of recruits arriving soon...we've addressed some needs.

" GO HOGS "

smb

Thanks for the report Richard.
GeorgiaHOG

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 15, 2015, 01:03:47 am
Having Kendell Jones visit would help.
Nice list of recruits arriving soon...we've addressed some needs.

" GO HOGS "

That kid is huge and he doesn't seem to be carrying a lot of fat weight. It's interesting that he has narrowed his choices down to a few schools and though Arkansas isn't one of them, he is coming for a visit. Looks like we don't have much of a chance with this kid, but getting him on campus is a positive and gives us a chance to sway his decision.
Go Hogs Go!

HogWildBison2011

If somehow we can get Jones out of Texas, and get Agim from Hope.. we would have one of the nastiest DL recruiting classes in 2016.

MS_HogFan

Surely the 364 pounds is a typo.
SOOIE

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: MS_HogFan on May 15, 2015, 07:18:05 am
Surely the 364 pounds is a typo.
Nope. Seen him myself and I've never seen anything like him. I thought he was an NFL lineman at first. I promise there's probably not too many guys in the league that look like him. May not be any.

jjdlc

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 15, 2015, 07:29:33 am
Nope. Seen him myself and I've never seen anything like him. I thought he was an NFL lineman at first. I promise there's probably not too many guys in the league that look like him. May not be any.

Dude is massive.  Glad to see he is at least planning to visit.  Getting him on the hill, and letting him experience the atmosphere in the program can help a lot.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 15, 2015, 07:29:33 am
He undoubtedly has the size but how is his athleticism RD? I can hardly imagine being able to move at all weighing that much. I know you witnessed him at a camp i believe?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on May 15, 2015, 07:38:54 am
He undoubtedly has the size but how is his athleticism RD? I can hardly imagine being able to move at all weighing that much. I know you witnessed him at a camp i believe?

Good athleticism but not great. That will improve in college. Because of his strength and size he's impossible to block. He's the most overpowering DL I've seen.

HogFoo

Wow that jones kid is huge.  I'd imagine every team would have to game plan around him. He'd be like a tree stump .impossible to move even with double teams.  If we don't get him I sure hope he doesn't go to one of our opponents in the sec!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

whosiskid

You simply don't find many with Kendall's degree of body fat weighing 365. He has one photo out there without a shirt on and while he isn't cut, he isn't by any standard overweight. His weight lifting achievements are simply scary. I think he is likely to end up at Alabama or Texas, in that order. We have, I am afraid, too much ground to make up. If we do have a shot, it would be with Coach Herbert. The kid is a gym rat and Herbert's book of physical transformation could make a difference. Here is a kid who is 6'5, 365, and low body fat for his size. Coach Herbert could give him a vision of a future Kendall Jones who is 6'5, 385, and even less body fat. Heck, with his frame maybe 395 is a possibility. All I know is that that is one gigantic kid.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

jb11

Not insinuating that he would take it, but there is going to be, and probably already, a whole lot of money being thrown his way.

Hogs-n-Roses

Is he bigger than Mt. Cody from bama?

HogFoo

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on May 15, 2015, 10:57:12 am
Is he bigger than Mt. Cody from bama?
Cody in Juco before transferring to bama was listed at 6'4 400lbs.  At the Sr bowl he weighed in at 370lbs  and then again at combine I think it was around 345lbs.  But, I guarantee you his ratio of fat was much much more than this Jones kid's.   Cody looked like a mix of a sumo wrestler and a shar-pei.   Had more rolls than a bakery!

Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: HogFoo on May 15, 2015, 11:19:44 am
Cody in Juco before transferring to bama was listed at 6'4 400lbs.  At the Sr bowl he weighed in at 370lbs  and then again at combine I think it was around 345lbs.  But, I guarantee you his ratio of fat was much much more than this Jones kid's.   Cody looked like a mix of a sumo wrestler and a shar-pei.   Had more rolls than a bakery!

My favorite line from Mt Cody was at the Combine they asked him if he was hungry and wanted something to eat... They did a close up on his face and he said SOMETHING TO EAT????

The Recruiting Guy

2017 TE Kedrick James almost pulled the trigger on today's visit. Info in 1:07 update
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/may/15/friday/

PorkRinds

Sounds like he's likely ours for the taking. 

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 15, 2015, 01:12:04 pm
2017 TE Kedrick James almost pulled the trigger on today's visit. Info in 1:07 update
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/may/15/friday/
RD is he really 6'7?

King Kong

King Kong

HogFoo

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 15, 2015, 12:47:14 pm
My favorite line from Mt Cody was at the Combine they asked him if he was hungry and wanted something to eat... They did a close up on his face and he said SOMETHING TO EAT????
yeah Cody said..... ain't no way I'm gonna do any workout today... all the action gonna be right here at the dinner table... that's why he looked like a big ole rolly polly.   

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: HogFoo on May 15, 2015, 09:16:13 pm
yeah Cody said..... ain't no way I'm gonna do any workout today... all the action gonna be right here at the dinner table... that's why he looked like a big ole rolly polly.   
He also was sitting by his self on that couch at the Combine and said ( I ate that Steak )

HogFoo

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 15, 2015, 09:19:17 pm
He also was sitting by his self on that couch at the Combine and said ( I ate that Steak )
Saban used to tell him he could eat all the steak he wanted... but just the ribeyes. .. Cody would say..that's the best part silly.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: HogFoo on May 15, 2015, 09:27:34 pm
Saban used to tell him he could eat all the steak he wanted... but just the ribeyes. .. Cody would say..that's the best part silly.
Hogfoo do you remember the time Cody said he wanted to put Country Gravy all over everything???

ricepig

Jones commits to Bama, doubt we get that visit.

navyhog24

The rich just keep getting richer

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on May 22, 2015, 08:07:54 pm
Jones commits to Bama, doubt we get that visit.

After he named his top5, I didn't figure we would get it anyway