Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pay lakes in central Arkansas?

Started by OldCoot, June 17, 2016, 06:13:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldCoot

Does anyone know of any?  Used to go down to Leola but it is closed now, guess Dorey's needs the fish for their catering.

theFlyingHog

Haven't seen one in 20 years around here.

PonderinHog

GolfNut57

I haven't seen a pay lake in many years and never gave it any thought until I passed one yesterday in Mississippi on the way back from Florida. Had to explain to the wife what a pay lake was and then last night someone here is posting a question on one. lol
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

HF#1

We went to Mitton's lake in Sylvania when I was a kid.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HF#1 on July 16, 2016, 05:18:31 pm
We went to Mitton's lake in Sylvania when I was a kid.

There is another one on that highway now, closer to Campground Road. May be the same one. My sister live a short distance from there.
This is my non-signature signature.

LSUFan

15 Years ago, I used to take my boys to one about 15 minutes south of Sheridan. Does anybody remember the name?
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

root_hawg

OldCoot

Quote from: root_hawg on September 20, 2016, 12:54:39 pm
One in Cabot

A bump for this thread. Still haven't seen one lately. Anyone know of any?

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

1highhog

Quote from: LSUFan on July 28, 2016, 02:33:42 pm
15 Years ago, I used to take my boys to one about 15 minutes south of Sheridan. Does anybody remember the name?

You must be referring to Cox Creek Lake.  I live close, but as far as it being a pay to fish lake, that's been way way longer than 15 years ago my friend. If you paid someone to fish there, you got hustled.

onebadrubi

There is one right of 530, more of a membership deal just south of the Sheridan bypass exit. 

Also a closed membership lake in Conway, beaver lake or whatever. 

1highhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 01, 2020, 07:41:47 am
There is one right of 530, more of a membership deal just south of the Sheridan bypass exit. 

Also a closed membership lake in Conway, beaver lake or whatever. 

You are referring to Gropper Lake near Hensley.  It used to be a Lake that anyone could fish in, but then they cleaned it up, started selling off lots around it and building nice houses around it.  Now, it's basically a private lake.

onebadrubi

Quote from: 1highhog on July 01, 2020, 07:58:58 am
You are referring to Gropper Lake near Hensley.  It used to be a Lake that anyone could fish in, but then they cleaned it up, started selling off lots around it and building nice houses around it.  Now, it's basically a private lake.

Nah I'm talking about lakeside country club.