Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 - Treylon Burks vs Arkadelphia

Started by LRHawg, December 09, 2017, 04:13:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

247Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 10, 2017, 07:30:02 am
Wow, another kid from Warren.  Any of you guys ever been to Warren??  There is not a lot in that town but they've produced Childs, Gragg, Wright and now this kid.  It's always amazed me how one little town can produce kids like these and by all accounts, they're all good guys.

Seems like Warren and Greenwood keeps putting out good talent consistently.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Boarcephus

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 12:43:33 pm
https://twitter.com/86joeski/status/939578778363326464

I don't think I've ever anything like that.  You see someone throw a blocker around like a rag doll and then unload on the ball carrier the way he did makes me glad my playing days are over. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

searkhogfan

Quote from: AP85 on December 10, 2017, 01:08:44 pm
1. Coaching.
2. COMMUNITY WIDE SUPPORT.
3. Facilities.
3. Demographics.
4. Culture. Yep, winning culture. Kids from Kindergarten up grow up wanting to be a Jack and All they hear is making it to WMS. Bo has created a machine in warren based on a winning mentality.

Bret(Tennessee), Roshaun(Tennessee) Jarius(arkansas)Chris(arkansas), Greg(Arkansas), Ricardo(Tennessee) has zero issues with getting into college. Same will be with Treylon.

Terrance Hampton and Basmine Jones(both Arkansas scholarship offers) were the only two that were amazing talents that didn't make it to college.

Wasn't there another DB that signed with the Hogs. But ended up transferring?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 10, 2017, 05:40:50 pm
I don't think I've ever anything like that.  You see someone throw a blocker around like a rag doll and then unload on the ball carrier the way he did makes me glad my playing days are over.
he's  on a different level than everyone else in Arkansas

Boarcephus

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 06:25:18 pm
he's  on a different level than everyone else in Arkansas

Based on that clip, I'd agree with you. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

#1 STUNNA

Boarcephus

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 06:41:15 pm
He was the punter on that play also

LOL!!  Hell, might as well punt.  They list him at 6'3", 220, is that legit?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 10, 2017, 06:51:28 pm
Yes.. he is an sec player at multiple positions

AirWarren

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 10, 2017, 06:51:28 pm

Yes.

AirWarren

RyeHogFan

Treylon is a great kid.  He's nice to everyone, very polite and gracious.  His mama raised him right.  You'd expect a kid that talented to have a big head but he doesn't.  You see him joking with his teammates on the sidelines, getting excited for them when they do something good and putting an arm around them when they mess up and he shows excellent sportsmanship on the field.  He's all the time helping opposing players to their feet and patting them on the helmet and shoulder pads.  Even on that play where he laid the kid out, a lot of kids would have tried to act all big and bad and taunt, but he just helped him up, patted his helmet, and got ready to play linebacker.  Even aside from his obvious elite talent, he is exactly the kind of kid you want on your team because he is the consummate teammate and he leads with his play rather than his mouth. 

TheRazorback500

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 06:25:18 pm
he’s  on a different level than everyone else in Arkansas
Correct. My co-worker's grandsons are on the team. He's the real deal.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: RyeHogFan on December 10, 2017, 10:16:55 pm
Treylon is a great kid.  He's nice to everyone, very polite and gracious.  His mama raised him right.  You'd expect a kid that talented to have a big head but he doesn't.  You see him joking with his teammates on the sidelines, getting excited for them when they do something good and putting an arm around them when they mess up and he shows excellent sportsmanship on the field.  He's all the time helping opposing players to their feet and patting them on the helmet and shoulder pads.  Even on that play where he laid the kid out, a lot of kids would have tried to act all big and bad and taunt, but he just helped him up, patted his helmet, and got ready to play linebacker.  Even aside from his obvious elite talent, he is exactly the kind of kid you want on your team because he is the consummate teammate and he leads with his play rather than his mouth.

The most impressive thing about him.

311Hog

I know everyone is focused on the way it ended, but warren fumbled and it was a missed call 2 plays earlier so if you want to really do the woulda coulda shoulda game the game shoulda been over before the kid even ran on the field. 

I think people say Arkadelphia is the better "team" because of how good burks is, and how much he carries his team.  I am pretty sure badgers jacks play 10 times jacks prolly win 9 just because of Burks.  the guy dominates all 3 phases of the game, it is one thing to be an unstoppable or have an unstoppable player on O or D but to have one that never leaves the field and plays at least 4 positions is just mind boggling.  notice the title of this tread Burks vs Arkadelphia and that is basically what it was.

#1 STUNNA

I understand what you are saying. But it is a team sport. Heck our running back had more rushing yards than your qb and rb.

Boarcephus

Quote from: RyeHogFan on December 10, 2017, 10:16:55 pm

You and Stunna seem to know a little more than the casual fan (like me) about Burks.   Is he one of those kids who grew up dying to be a Razorback?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 11, 2017, 07:16:21 am
You and Stunna seem to know a little more than the casual fan (like me) about Burks.   Is he one of those kids who grew up dying to be a Razorback?

He's a family kid and wants to stay close to home. With that said i think it will be between Arkansas and LSU.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 11, 2017, 07:02:05 am
I understand what you are saying. But it is a team sport. Heck our running back had more rushing yards than your qb and rb.

yeah I am not saying the badgers are a better team I was just pointing out why most people seem to make that statement, and also that the kid running onto the field wasn't the only head scratching thing that happened in that game it was an amazing championship game.  Warren is a great team, and burks is an all time great AR HS player I really hope we and he has a great year next year and he calls the hogs.

AirWarren

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 11, 2017, 07:16:21 am

I went to school with his mom and Aunt. They were a year behind me. I graduated with his father. I also went to college with his aunt and worked with her some after college. Very good folks. 

I don't know what the General feel is in regards to where he wants to play. But all of his family is in Arkansas and he is a good kid who loves being a "typical Arkansas country boy". With the change in staff, relationship coach Morris has with high school coaches, and change in offense approach, I feel very confident that Arkansas is a strong possibility Now. We have as good of a chance as anyone.

This is an opinion of course.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 311Hog on December 11, 2017, 08:24:17 am
yeah I am not saying the badgers are a better team I was just pointing out why most people seem to make that statement, and also that the kid running onto the field wasn't the only head scratching thing that happened in that game it was an amazing championship game.  Warren is a great team, and burks is an all time great AR HS player I really hope we and he has a great year next year and he calls the hogs.

I think what makes it seem like he is one man team is because he is so much better than everyone at everything on the football field at the high school level.

Hogsenburg

I coached high school football for 7 seasons.....coached against many who played on saturdays and one who made it to the NFL (Kenneth Dixon) and in my opinion Treylon Burks is the best complete high school football player I have seen. He plays offense, defense, and special teams and is a man amongst boys. He is a great kid too. The hogs should do whatever it takes to keep him here he is a special player.

LRHawg

I know we're always needing good defensive players, but if he comes to Arkansas I really hope he plays WR.

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 11, 2017, 08:31:47 am
I think what makes it seem like he is one man team is because he is so much better than everyone at everything on the football field at the high school level.

Agreed. Warren's running back #23 is very talented! he's not very big, but he was extremely hard for the Badgers to tackle and broke off some huge runs. They also had some bigs on the D Line that played well.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: LRHawg on December 11, 2017, 09:26:24 am
I know we're always needing good defensive players, but if he comes to Arkansas I really hope he plays WR.

Agreed. Warren's running back #23 is very talented! he's not very big, but he was extremely hard for the Badgers to tackle and broke off some huge runs. They also had some bigs on the D Line that played well.

No doubt in my mind he will playing receiver at the next level. #23 is a soph and stud basketball player. Alsmost didnt play football this year. I believe #54 Marcus Miller will have P5 offers by the time hes done at Warren. 6'4 294lb Junior. If I had to guess Warren probably held them to the fewest yards on the season besides the time they played Robinson. Pretty much held them in check running the football. I will give Hembree a ton of credit on his O line.. losing three starters off the line and still being able to have a chance to win a title is darn impressive.

AirWarren

#1 STUNNA

Boarcephus

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 11, 2017, 11:25:27 am
Gotta be a good sign with the Razorback shirt!! https://www.facebook.com/joeycatheyagency/photos/a.10152045592389268.1073741826.378102224267/10156036356739268/?type=3

Gotta like this!   It's been quite a while since I've been this excited about a prospect but that video you put up was amazing.  With all the talk about him being a WR, man I'd put him on defense where he'll be involved in about 60+ plays a game instead of 4 or 5 he'd get at WR.  If we can get him here, don't care where they put him because he is something else and the type of players that the Bamas and LSU's of the world get. 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 11, 2017, 11:49:05 am
Gotta like this!   It's been quite a while since I've been this excited about a prospect but that video you put up was amazing.  With all the talk about him being a WR, man I'd put him on defense where he'll be involved in about 60+ plays a game instead of 4 or 5 he'd get at WR.  If we can get him here, don't care where they put him because he is something else and the type of players that the Bamas and LSU's of the world get. 

He is definitely a special talent. But WR will be his calling at the next level. He honetly could play WR, TE, LB, QB, Safety at the division 1 level..

Amityvillehogger

Burks is a must get. Period.

One of the best to come out of the state in a very long time.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LRHawg on December 09, 2017, 04:17:17 pm
That said, Badgers were the better team today and finally snapped a 30 year championship drought.(being in lower classification does help)

They can suck it... Took one from White Hall in 88...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.