Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 - Treylon Burks vs Arkadelphia

Started by LRHawg, December 09, 2017, 04:13:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

He was a man amongst boys out there. Played on both sides of the ball and they had several nice offensive sets built around him and their talented running back. He is a beast and required 2-3 tacklers to bring him down. He even punts! He will be a good one. Hope he comes to the hill.

colbs

Best player in the state and he's only a junior.

LRHawg

That said, Badgers were the better team today and finally snapped a 30 year championship drought.(being in lower classification does help)

#1 STUNNA

Penalties lost warren that game. Outgained Arkadelphia 502-380

#1 STUNNA

Burks is the best player in the state and it's not close. And has one more year of high school ball.

King Kong

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 09, 2017, 04:50:43 pm
Burks is the best player in the state and it's not close. And has one more year of high school ball.

And he now has the best offense to fit his skill set on the Hill

rzrbk4life

We need this kid on the hill bad. He would be perfect in CCM offense
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Pigsfeat

Quote from: LRHawg on December 09, 2017, 04:17:17 pm
That said, Badgers were the better team today and finally snapped a 30 year championship drought.(being in lower classification does help)
Disagree. Officiating was terrible and game should have been decided by the players, not by an idiot running out on the field!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

#1 STUNNA

Ended the game with 124 rushing yards, 188 receiving yards, 4 touchdowns, 18 tackles, 1 sack, 1 intereception

IronHog

Quote from: Pigsfeat on December 09, 2017, 04:57:16 pm
Disagree. Officiating was terrible and game should have been decided by the players, not by an idiot running out on the field!

Officials were horrible
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

LRHawg

December 09, 2017, 08:55:28 pm #10 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:09:57 pm by LRHawg
It was. I get that they were wrongly penalized for the fan on the field, but Warren had two plays to score and chucked a prayer ball into the end zone and it got picked off.

AirWarren

Quote from: LRHawg on December 09, 2017, 08:55:28 pm
It was. I get that they were wrongly penalized for the fan on the field, but Warren had two plays to score and chucked a prayer ball into the end zone and it got picked off.

Awful play call at the end.

I said at the beginning of the year, Warren's season hinged on QB play. And it caught up with them at the end.

LRHawg

Quote from: AP85 on December 09, 2017, 09:05:17 pm

I said at the beginning of the year, Warren's season hinged on QB play. And it caught up with them at the end.

I was expecting a 10-15 yd pass to the sideline for Traylon, then if they complete it, kick a field goal. If not, then you toss it into the end zone.
Just seemed odd not to go to your best player there.

rowdyroddy

He's Special, Game Changer!! He's definetly in the top 10 players that this state has produced.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: AP85 on December 09, 2017, 09:05:17 pm

AAA said spiking the ball from the shotgun is a 15 yard penalty too, seems refs may have got it right. ** call though

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LRHawg on December 09, 2017, 04:13:18 pm
He was a man amongst boys out there. Played on both sides of the ball and they had several nice offensive sets built around him and their talented running back. He is a beast and required 2-3 tacklers to bring him down. He even punts! He will be a good one. Hope he comes to the hill.

Can you imagine having a punter who could fake it or even tackle like him!?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

cypert2

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 10, 2017, 12:16:43 am
He's a great player, but he won't be punting in college.
Swinging on the two and the four.

#1 STUNNA

His best play this year was the tackle he had on his punt yesterday. Was getting held by two Arkadelphia players... threw them off and then demolished the runner.

Boarcephus

Wow, another kid from Warren.  Any of you guys ever been to Warren??  There is not a lot in that town but they've produced Childs, Gragg, Wright and now this kid.  It's always amazed me how one little town can produce kids like these and by all accounts, they're all good guys. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 10, 2017, 07:30:02 am
Wow, another kid from Warren.  Any of you guys ever been to Warren??  There is not a lot in that town but they've produced Childs, Gragg, Wright and now this kid.  It's always amazed me how one little town can produce kids like these and by all accounts, they're all good guys.

Lol they have produced a lot more than just those 4 guys

AirWarren

My home.

4 players drafted into the NFL (first being John Cole in 1953)
16 FBS signees since 2000
Over 40 FBS, FCS and division II football signees since 2000

LRHawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 10, 2017, 12:16:43 am

I kept thinking they were going to fake it but they never did. He is great insurance against someone running it back on you, he was two steps faster than everyone else on the field.

Boarcephus

Quote from: AP85 on December 10, 2017, 08:09:11 am
My home.

4 players drafted into the NFL (first being John Cole in 1953)
16 FBS signees since 2000
Over 40 FBS, FCS and division II football signees since 2000

Several years ago I traveled that area.  Pine Bluff, Dumas, Warren, Monticello, etc.  Just a quiet little sleepy town but the people were all very nice, not a bad place to grow up.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Keyser Sooieze

Is there a rule in HS football that a team's fans are the team's responsibility? Serious question...wondering why the penalty was applied to Warren. Didn't get to see the game as I now live in Oklahoma. I'm a former Arkadelphia Badger myself btw and proud of the team for their accomplishment. Too bad it has to be marred by a questionable call.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Keyser Sooieze on December 10, 2017, 09:20:54 am
Is there a rule in HS football that a team's fans are the team's responsibility? Serious question...wondering why the penalty was applied to Warren. Didn't get to see the game as I now live in Oklahoma. I'm a former Arkadelphia Badger myself btw and proud of the team for their accomplishment. Too bad it has to be marred by a questionable call.

Their is not a rule.

AirWarren

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 10, 2017, 08:43:04 am
Several years ago I traveled that area.  Pine Bluff, Dumas, Warren, Monticello, etc.  Just a quiet little sleepy town but the people were all very nice, not a bad place to grow up.

I live in central Ark now and if I could, I would move my family back home in a heart beat. Good town, safe town and good people.

Sadly, I can't do my job there haha.

IronHog

Quote from: Keyser Sooieze on December 10, 2017, 09:20:54 am

Thought the officials were clearly biased against Warren

I have no dog in the fight BTW.

IronHog

Demographics and culture

Fordyce and Bearden have the best athletes per capita in the state but can't get into college.  Culture

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: LRHawg on December 09, 2017, 04:17:17 pm
better team? A fan/refs cost Warren the game. Dirty refs, it looks like.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

#1 STUNNA

I thought Arkadelphia had a very good team.. but not sure why everyone says they were the better team. Warren out gained them drastically. I thought the fumble that Warren had when they were driving in the second quarter that Arkadelphia returned to the 5 was the crucial play of the game. Penalties were pretty bad for Warren also. Once again congrats to the Badgers!

247Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 09, 2017, 06:41:25 pm
Ended the game with 124 rushing yards, 188 receiving yards, 4 touchdowns, 18 tackles, 1 sack, 1 intereception

That's unbelievable. In a Championship game on top of that.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 247Hog on December 10, 2017, 12:31:02 pm
That's unbelievable. In a Championship game on top of that.
Everything is in slow motion for him... hes a man among boys. The best to come out of arkansas in a long time.
Did you see him throw those guys off of him like they were rag dolls? lol

247Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 12:38:18 pm
Everything is in slow motion for him... hes a man among boys. The best to come out of arkansas in a long time.
Did you see him throw those guys off of him like they were rag dolls? lol

I have two cousins that are Head Coaches in Arkansas so i've seen many high school players...Burks is a stud and i don't care what classification he's playing in. Hope he's a hog because it sure would be fun watching him every Saturday. I can see him being as big as DMac was for our State if he keeps improving.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 247Hog on December 10, 2017, 12:41:39 pm
I have two cousins that are Head Coaches in Arkansas so i've seen many high school players...Burks is a stud and i don't care what classification he's playing in. Hope he's a hog because it sure would be fun watching him every Saturday. I can see him being as big as DMac was for our State if he keeps improving.

just a junior

247Hog

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 247Hog on December 10, 2017, 12:46:26 pm
SOLD. I was a fan before that. I'll have to go see him play one game next season.

Hes an SEC player at abt 5 positions in my opinion

hawgwash

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 10, 2017, 12:50:24 pm
Hes an SEC player at abt 5 positions in my opinion
Is he locked into WR or is he open to maybe playing defense?

247Hog

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: hawgwash on December 10, 2017, 12:51:59 pm
he is an NFL wide receiver... wish we could clone him a couple times cause he's a hell of a defensive player also. Everything is easy for him.

AirWarren

Quote from: IronHog on December 10, 2017, 11:44:03 am

Demographics and culture

Fordyce and Bearden have the best athletes per capita in the state but can't get into college.  Culture

1. Coaching.
2. COMMUNITY WIDE SUPPORT.
3. Facilities.
3. Demographics.
4. Culture. Yep, winning culture. Kids from Kindergarten up grow up wanting to be a Jack and All they hear is making it to WMS. Bo has created a machine in warren based on a winning mentality.

Bret(Tennessee), Roshaun(Tennessee) Jarius(arkansas)Chris(arkansas), Greg(Arkansas), Ricardo(Tennessee) has zero issues with getting into college. Same will be with Treylon.

Terrance Hampton and Basmine Jones(both Arkansas scholarship offers) were the only two that were amazing talents that didn't make it to college.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: AP85 on December 10, 2017, 01:08:44 pm
1. Coaching.
3. Facilities.
3. Demographics.
4. Culture. Yep, winning culture. Kids from Kindergarten up grow up wanting to be a Jack and All they hear is making it to WMS. Bo has created a machine in warren based on a winning mentality.

Bret(Tennessee), Roshaun(Tennessee) Jarius(arkansas)Chris(arkansas), Greg(Arkansas), Ricardo(Tennessee) has zero issues with getting into college. Same will be with Treylon.

Terrance Hampton and Basmine Jones(both Arkansas scholarship offers) were the only two that were amazing talents that didn't make it to college.

Hampton and Jones both signed with Arkansas but never made it to the hill

IronHog

Quote from: AP85 on December 10, 2017, 01:08:44 pm
1. Coaching.
3. Facilities.
3. Demographics.

Jones is why BP couldn't get past #3

He had made it and the defense woulda been different

None of them Warren boys were like Burks though.......he's closing in on Shabazz, Hill, McFadden, Melvin Bradley type play

IronHog

Quote from: hawgwash on December 10, 2017, 12:51:59 pm

You play that kid at WR

colbs

Hollywood870

How do the Hogs stand with Burks? I know it's early.

masbas3

I from Warren.