Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morris Is Most Certainly Going To Make Recruiting Exciting Again....

Started by Vantage 8 dude, December 08, 2017, 09:38:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

I'll have to admit that over the past several years my normal enthusiasm for recruiting has taken a major "hit" when it comes to being extremely excited about kids being offered/accepting. Under CBB it seemed to be a relatively small core of names that comprised the vast majority of his potential class(es). Real big names, especially out of state, were usually excluded or "shot down" relatively early in the process. For those big timers who did make it to the Hill so many seemed to come away with a "yeah, it was really a great time, great facilities, staff and players; however, I've decided to move on to
someone else" type of outcome. While I'm not saying we will have an enormous change in the results, at least in the short run, I do think it very likely as we get into the Morris tenure we WILL see more big time recruits giving us serious consideration. Obviously the proof will be in the results.

One thing I am very impressed with is the Energizer Bunny" type approach that Chad has taken in hitting the internet/twitter tools as well as getting out around the state with Lunney to see possible recruits. Not sure when the guy ever sleeps  ;) :) Whatever his initial class looks like, I think we can all at least rest well knowing that he and his staff will do everything possible to build the best 2018 class possible in a relatively short period to time. Should be fund to watch.

blueridger

Arthur pigby sellers.

He hit the recruiting trail quickly. This is a very good sign. We know he's good at offense. If he's a good recruiter as well then he has a chance to do very well here. Our last offensive genius was a terrible recruiter.

arkansashogs

that is the hope but we all need to see the evidence.

-AH

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 08, 2017, 09:38:13 am
I'll have to admit that over the past several years my normal enthusiasm for recruiting has taken a major "hit" when it comes to being extremely excited about kids being offered/accepting. Under CBB it seemed to be a relatively small core of names that comprised the vast majority of his potential class(es). Real big names, especially out of state, were usually excluded or "shot down" relatively early in the process. For those big timers who did make it to the Hill so many seemed to come away with a "yeah, it was really a great time, great facilities, staff and players; however, I've decided to move on to
someone else" type of outcome. While I'm not saying we will have an enormous change in the results, at least in the short run, I do think it very likely as we get into the Morris tenure we WILL see more big time recruits giving us serious consideration. Obviously the proof will be in the results.

One thing I am very impressed with is the Energizer Bunny" type approach that Chad has taken in hitting the internet/twitter tools as well as getting out around the state with Lunney to see possible recruits. Not sure when the guy ever sleeps  ;) :) Whatever his initial class looks like, I think we can all at least rest well knowing that he and his staff will do everything possible to build the best 2018 class possible in a relatively short period to time. Should be fund to watch.

ThisTeetsTaken

I'll say this. Coach Morris and the assistants he has brought with him so far are 2nd to none in Twitter game.  They get it.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: arkansashogs on December 08, 2017, 09:30:20 pm
that is the hope but we all need to see the evidence.

-AH
Obviously the ultimate proof will be in the actual results; then again, I believe everyone realizes that, thank you. However, no one can deny that at least "coming out of the gate" Chad isn't letting a lot of grass gather under his feet.

ChicoHog

I don't know.  I have a feeling we will be offering a lot of "under the radar" type guys.  2 star or 3 star guys that usually go to SMU or North Texas st.  I hope to see some high quality offers and commits.  Especially on defense.  We need some studs on the defensive side.  I like his energy but I don't want to see him set his sights too low. 

jimhog

I hope Morris can set the bar high on recruiting and sustain a high level.

redeye

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 08, 2017, 09:38:13 am
I'll have to admit that over the past several years my normal enthusiasm for recruiting has taken a major "hit" when it comes to being extremely excited about kids being offered/accepting. Under CBB it seemed to be a relatively small core of names that comprised the vast majority of his potential class(es).

I don't remember the specific details, but I lost interest after the 2015 recruiting season concluded.  What I do remember is that we seemed close to having a major breakthrough, which could have given us our best class in the modern era.  Things seemed to be trending upwards.

The 2015 class ended up being a pretty good, at least according to recruiting rankings, because we finished 22nd, but it failed my expectations.  I've been following recruiting a long time, so I'm not one to have unrealistic hopes and I know where Arkansas normally finishes.  On paper, I should have been happy with the 2015 class, but I saw some things that made me give up on the Bielema era.  I don't even remember what those things were, and it's strange, because 2015 was a good year all around.  But I quit following recruiting at that very moment and I wasn't the least bit surprised when our players appeared to quit in games the following season.   I don't know what caused Bielema to fail at Arkansas, but I think it began at this time.

Now I'm also excited to see what CCM can do.  Although I strongly believe that coaching matters, recruiting is the lifeblood of good teams.  Hopefully CCM's Texas ties will prove to be huge for Arkansas, and I'm ready for an exciting ride, so let's move it into the left lane, pop that clutch and #hammerdown!