Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some personal advice for Coach Bielema

Started by HognotinMemphis, September 24, 2017, 10:11:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

I do not know how much weight he has gained in his 4+ years at Arkansas but from seeing photos of him when he was hired, I'll guess he has gained 50 to 75 lbs.

After seeing him in that horrendous sweatshirt yesterday, I want to make a suggestion to help him in all facets of his life and both mentally and physically.

His gross income is roughly $4 million a year. After federal and state taxes, his take home is something between $2 and $2.5 million. He could take $100K of that take home income which is less than 5% of after tax income and hire a full time chef/nutritionist to prepare all meals 365 days a year for him. He could also get on a mandatory 60 min per day exercise regimen. No big deal even with demands on his time. If he did these two things, I bet he would lose 150 lbs in a year and be happier and more productive in every way.

Not making light of his weight. It's a serious problem for him, his wife and his new child.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

tophawg19

he has all that available . he can use the U of A training staff and food tables prepared for players
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SemperFi

Win and I'd be ok with a shirtless, Bermuda and flip flop wearing BB if that made him happier and coach better.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

longpig

I honestly think his obesity is affecting him mentally, restricted blood flow to the melon or whatever. 

No sarcasm.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 24, 2017, 10:11:07 am
I do not know how much weight he has gained in his 4+ years at Arkansas but from seeing photos of him when he was hired, I'll guess he has gained 50 to 75 lbs.

After seeing him in that horrendous sweatshirt yesterday, I want to make a suggestion to help him in all facets of his life and both mentally and physically.

His gross income is roughly $4 million a year. After federal and state taxes, his take home is something between $2 and $2.5 million. He could take $100K of that take home income which is less than 5% of after tax income and hire a full time chef/nutritionist to prepare all meals 365 days a year for him. He could also get on a mandatory 60 min per day exercise regimen. No big deal even with demands on his time. If he did these two things, I bet he would lose 150 lbs in a year and be happier and more productive in every way.

Not making light of his weight. It's a serious problem for him, his wife and his new child.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

theFlyingHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 24, 2017, 10:14:22 am
he has all that available . he can use the U of A training staff and food tables prepared for players
Yeah seems like it would be fairly easy to be healthier, being surrounded by athletes who eat healthy and work out constantly.

HognotinMemphis

Apparently, something about the head coach that may be directly affecting his ability to coach and lead is not worth being in MMQB forum but it suitable for trash forum. I can't disagree.  A legitimate argument can be made that the entire subject of Arkansas football and all ancillary issues are suitable for the Trash forum.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HogFoo

I was looking at some of Bielema's interviews on tv and it just seemed to me that the man doesn't look healthy. And I'm not trying to make a "fat joke" either. He definitely has put on weight since being here. He has that complexion of a heavy drinker.  Which I've heard stories he and Anderson usually kill a few cases. But, the guy just doesn't look healthy.  Seems like he gets emotional too easy. Like the kind someone whos about on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  To me it seems like it wouldn't be surprising to hear if he can't sleep at night. I know this look unfortunately and i feel he is very unhealthy.   I was speaking to a friend of mine who has ties to a lot of info and I kind of mentioned to him my thoughts on Bielema and he kind of looked at me funny as if I had already knew something. He didn't really elaborate much that I care to talk about.  But, I am sharing what I said to him and none of what he told me. 

Anyways, from my side of the convo, I said it'd probably be in his best interests to step aside, take a commentators job, which I think he'd be great at.  Rejuvenate his health and then take another job elsewhere. (Which i feel hed be good at) Kind of like Urban meyer did. I figure after he reset, he'd probably do pretty well at a different school.   I mean, has anyone noticed that Bielema hasn't worn his traditional trademark white or red rain jacket to  games?  Remember he said that he was superstitious about wearing them?  If I'm not mistaken he hasn't wore one this season.  He has wore short sleeves.  Anyways. I'm wondering if I'm the only one who thinks Bielema doesn't look healthy.  Which, I know I'm not.  But, just wondering others opinions.

Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

AirWarren

I was telling one of my friends this same thing the other day. He has gained a lot of weight since leaving Wisconsin. He just seems sluggish and uninspired. I think he really needs to get his health under control as well.

Hoggie17

Quote from: HogFoo on September 27, 2017, 02:53:02 am
I was looking at some of Bielema's interviews on tv and it just seemed to me that the man doesn't look healthy. And I'm not trying to make a "fat joke" either. He definitely has put on weight since being here. He has that complexion of a heavy drinker.  Which I've heard stories he and Anderson usually kill a few cases. But, the guy just doesn't look healthy.  Seems like he gets emotional too easy. Like the kind someone whos about on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  To me it seems like it wouldn't be surprising to hear if he can't sleep at night. I know this look unfortunately and i feel he is very unhealthy.   I was speaking to a friend of mine who has ties to a lot of info and I kind of mentioned to him my thoughts on Bielema and he kind of looked at me funny as if I had already knew something. He didn't really elaborate much that I care to talk about.  But, I am sharing what I said to him and none of what he told me. 

Anyways, from my side of the convo, I said it'd probably be in his best interests to step aside, take a commentators job, which I think he'd be great at.  Rejuvenate his health and then take another job elsewhere. (Which i feel hed be good at) Kind of like Urban meyer did. I figure after he reset, he'd probably do pretty well at a different school.   I mean, has anyone noticed that Bielema hasn't worn his traditional trademark white or red rain jacket to  games?  Remember he said that he was superstitious about wearing them?  If I'm not mistaken he hasn't wore one this season.  He has wore short sleeves.  Anyways. I'm wondering if I'm the only one who thinks Bielema doesn't look healthy.  Which, I know I'm not.  But, just wondering others opinions.
If CBB doesn't have health problems, he will.  I am not taking a cheap shot at CBB, but he is obese, if he continues his present life style this what he can look forward to:

1.  Cardiovascular Disease
2.  Peripheral Artery Disease
3.  Hypertension
4.  Increased Cholesterol levels
5.  Increased Triglyceride levels
6.  Type 2 Diabetes
7.  Sleep Apnea
8.  C=PAP Mask at night
9.  Early ED

He may have some or all these health issues now, he should start a program of exercise and reduce his calorie intake.

B501

glad im not the only noticed hes looked like total darn the last few pressers. has the look of a defeated man  ::hornsdown::

Inhogswetrust

Super high pressure job with constant travel, ridiculous hours and a new baby would make anyone look like they have health issues.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GoHogzzGo

High pressure job. New child at home. Losing games. Those alone will do it.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 06:42:58 am
Super high pressure job with constant travel, ridiculous hours and a new baby would make anyone look like they have health issues.

hawgon

PorkRinds

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

1highhog

Quote from: HogFoo on September 27, 2017, 02:53:02 am

I've heard nothing of Bielema being a heavy drinker, and as far as the sleep thing, I get on average 2 hours a night and that's all I require and I feel great I'm in my 50's and in excellent shape.  Whose to say he's not getting enough rest?  If I had to guess I'd say the biggest thing bothering him right now is all the flak he's taking from fans and national sports pundits on his job he's doing.

Hoggie17

Quote from: 1highhog on September 27, 2017, 07:42:57 am
I've heard nothing of Bielema being a heavy drinker, and as far as the sleep thing, I get on average 2 hours a night and that's all I require and I feel great I'm in my 50's and in excellent shape.  Whose to say he's not getting enough rest?  If I had to guess I'd say the biggest thing bothering him right now is all the flak he's taking from fans and national sports pundits on his job he's doing.
Sleep Apnea is a serious disorder that can lead to a stroke, His wife would know if he has sleep apnea.  If she notices it, she should talk into a sleep lab over night, or he could could be moniterd by Pulse oximeter over night.   

ArkyFan2626

Quote from: longpig on September 24, 2017, 10:23:16 am
I honestly think his obesity is affecting him mentally, restricted blood flow to the melon or whatever. 

No sarcasm.

Haven't there been studies done that show a healthy lifestyle leads to a healthier cognitive ability?

jgphillips3

It's okay for a man in his 40's to be chunky.  However, he is hitting a dangerous health zone if he stays at that weight.  Football aside, he seems to be eating and drinking himself to an early grave.  I do wonder though, how you tell kids to have discipline, eat right, not drink heavily and such when you obviously don't follow the same standards.  Kids smell even a whiff of hypocrisy and his lack of personal discipline, unless there is an undisclosed medical condition, is a big steaming pile of hypocrisy.

onebadrubi

Y'all remember when he said Duwop brought him advocare to try and he told him to gtfo?  Hahaha

The Boar War

No need to add on.  His record will determine whether he is fired not "concern" for his family over health issues.

jkstock04

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on September 27, 2017, 06:49:28 am
High pressure job. New child at home. Losing games. Those alone will do it.
Disagree with this. Countless other coaches go through the exact same and don't look unhealthy.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawgon

waphill

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 27, 2017, 07:56:25 am
I do wonder though, how you tell kids to have discipline, eat right, not drink heavily and such when you obviously don't follow the same standards.  Kids smell even a whiff of hypocrisy and his lack of personal discipline, unless there is an undisclosed medical condition, is a big steaming pile of hypocrisy.

I always wondered that about Mark Mangino. That guy was huge.

hawgon

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 27, 2017, 07:56:25 am
It's okay for a man in his 40's to be chunky.  However, he is hitting a dangerous health zone if he stays at that weight.  Football aside, he seems to be eating and drinking himself to an early grave.  I do wonder though, how you tell kids to have discipline, eat right, not drink heavily and such when you obviously don't follow the same standards.  Kids smell even a whiff of hypocrisy and his lack of personal discipline, unless there is an undisclosed medical condition, is a big steaming pile of hypocrisy.

I've said this for a long time.  When you show up to meet parents looking like a bum or you are a hundred pounds overweight the kids WILL NOT take you seriously when you tell them to dress and eat well.  And worse, they will ridicule you behind your back.

The one thing that a leader cannot recover from is ridicule.  Once that starts, it's over.

Jimbob111

Quote from: ArkyFan2626 on September 27, 2017, 07:55:29 am
Haven't there been studies done that show a healthy lifestyle leads to a healthier cognitive ability?

There have been many studies showing this is especially important as we age. Cognitive ability is based on physical ability and vice versa. To stave off age-related cognitive slowing, studies have been done with dementia patients who were simply given physical therapy and improved in their ability to complete simple tasks. To be mentally active, you should be physically active and to be physically active, you should maintain cognitive function. The studies are out there, anyone who has taken developmental psych has probably read them. I did.

"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 08:11:51 am
I've said this for a long time.  When you show up to meet parents looking like a bum or you are a hundred pounds overweight the kids WILL NOT take you seriously when you tell them to dress and eat well.  And worse, they will ridicule you behind your back.

The one thing that a leader cannot recover from is ridicule.  Once that starts, it's over.

I wonder about that every time I see a photo or video of Kurt Anderson. Reminds me of the Terps coach from years back that was fired or Mark Mangino. Or Charlie Weiss.
I couldn't play for a coach like that.

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 07:27:59 am
Another chance for hogville to show its class.

No we are concerned about his health.  He looks ruff.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

PorkRinds

BorderPatrol

1highhog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 07:52:26 am
Sleep Apnea is a serious disorder that can lead to a stroke, His wife would know if he has sleep apnea.  If she notices it, she should talk into a sleep lab over night, or he could could be moniterd by Pulse oximeter over night.   

Yep, I went to the one here at Baptist a few seconds years ago over concerns of my wife for my not sleeping, turned out I didn't have sleep apnea I just don't as much as most people.  I may have got into the habit of that as a child from my Dad who is the same way and so are my brothers, go to sleep around 1:30 or 2 and wake up at 4.

Jimbob111

SemperHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:20:29 am
Such a classy bunch.
You comment might have more merit if we weren't talking about the same guy who came out in a presser after the TCU game with suggestions about how fans could not get so mad at games to lead happier and healthier lives.  I think one of his quotes was something along the lines of "I'm just concerned about some of the people's health"  and "that can be good for you personally" 

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:20:29 am
Such a classy bunch.
lol I've seen you post 10 times worse about people you don't approve of.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 27, 2017, 08:27:21 am
You comment might have more merit if we weren't talking about the same guy who came out in a presser after the TCU game with suggestions about how fans could not get so mad at games to lead happier and healthier lives.  I think one of his quotes was something along the lines of "I'm just concerned about some of the people's health"  and "that can be good for you personally"

I think I get it. It's his fault people are attacking him over his health.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 08:27:53 am
lol I've seen you post 10 times worse about people you don't approve of.

No you haven't.

hawgon

Kevin

I really wish he would get on a program for his health.  I may not like him as our coach, but I do want what is best for him & his family
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hoggie17

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:19:53 am
No you're not.
Some of you people pretend to like CBB and you take offensive to us that are concerned about his health makes wonder about your intentions.

Just because I don't think CBB is a fit for Arkansas Football does not mean I want him in bad health. I want him to live a full life span and enjoy his child's wedding and the grandchildren that will follow. 

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SemperHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 08:29:19 am
I think I get it. It's his fault people are attacking him over his health.
None of it is his fault, but as is par for the course for this guy.  He makes it harder on himself to defend due to another instance where he wasn't able to just keep his mouth shut.  That was the only point I was trying to make.  You were alluding to people in here having no class when they are doing the exact same thing the guy you are defending did just a couple of weeks ago.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 05:36:24 am
If CBB doesn't have health problems, he will.  I am not taking a cheap shot at CBB, but he is obese, if he continues his present life style this what he can look forward to:

1.  Cardiovascular Disease
2.  Peripheral Artery Disease
3.  Hypertension
4.  Increased Cholesterol levels
5.  Increased Triglyceride levels
6.  Type 2 Diabetes
7.  Sleep Apnea
8.  C=PAP Mask at night
9.  Early ED

He may have some or all these health issues now, he should start a program of exercise and reduce his calorie intake.

As long as Jen is around I doubt he will have #9 on your list.

go hogues

Quote from: b501 on September 27, 2017, 06:38:23 am
glad im not the only noticed hes looked like total darn the last few pressers. has the look of a defeated man  ::hornsdown::
I didn't really pay much attention until I saw him in the sweatshirt at the A&M game. I audibly gasped.

The really sad thing is, as big as CBB is, Kurt Anderson dwarfs him. Scary big.

I really like CBB and like many others have said, his situation is nothing like HDN's. While I think he's in over his head in the SEC, I think a lot of Coach and his family.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hogcard1964

hogcard1964

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 08:30:18 am
Some of you people pretend to like CBB and you take offensive to us that are concerned about his health makes wonder about your intentions.

Just because I don't think CBB is a fit for Arkansas Football does not mean I want him in bad health. I want him to live a full life span and enjoy his child's wedding and the grandchildren that will follow.

Some of you people are so blinded by your dislike for the guy that you can convince yourself that talking darn about his health on message boards shows anything but your willingness to attack him from any angle. Let him handle his personal life and criticize his work in the football program.