Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk in KY Shirt at the Conway vs Bentonville game tonight

Started by kevinagee, November 19, 2015, 11:17:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinagee

Trey Schaap
‏@trey1037TheBuzz

Conway Wampuscats students called the Hogs at the beginning of the game, they booed Monk when he was introduced and when he touches ball.

Picture taken in Pregame Monk showed before the game arriving wearing a KY T-shirt

Murr

kevinagee

Trey Schaap
‏@trey1037TheBuzz

Conway Wampuscats students called the Hogs at the beginning of the game, they booed Monk when he was introduced and when he touches ball.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: kevinagee on November 19, 2015, 11:33:57 pm
Trey Schaap
‏@trey1037TheBuzz

Seriously people, look at this picture.
Do you really think Malik wanted to be at Arkansas but his brother talked him out of it?
Get real.
The kid is 17 years old. He's doing what HE wants to do.

Hogwop

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on November 19, 2015, 11:58:12 pm
Do you really think Malik wanted to be at Arkansas but his brother talked him out of it?
Get real.

Then I suppose HE can deal with the backlash, now can't he? After all, this is nothing new to Razorback fans. There's always one guy that slips out of state that causes an uproar like this. This year it was Monk. He knew what was coming. Now, personally, I'm not gonna get on here and say bad stuff about the kid because it's his decision, but to act all shocked that people are upset that he chose to go to our most hated rival is being a bit naive.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

H&D

Quote from: Hogwop on November 20, 2015, 05:31:00 am
Then I suppose HE can deal with the backlash, now can't he? After all, this is nothing new to Razorback fans. There's always one guy that slips out of state that causes an uproar like this. This year it was Monk. He knew what was coming. Now, personally, I'm not gonna get on here and say bad stuff about the kid because it's his decision, but to act all shocked that people are upset that he chose to go to our most hated rival is being a bit naive.

There shouldn't be any backlash to deal with. Grow the hell up.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

The_Iceman

Dr. Starcs

Inhogswetrust

November 20, 2015, 08:17:31 am #8 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:29:24 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: H&D on November 20, 2015, 06:18:58 am

Then maybe his "entourage" shouldn't use terms like "distractions" as one reason to sign somewhere else. As I said in my post elsewhere "real men know how to handle distractions". Guess what, getting booed at an opponents place is a "distraction" he has to deal with. Last time I checked booing an opponent when they come into your place happens all the time and at all levels. Time to start learning how to deal with it. Wearing a shirt like that inside a high school in the state of Arkansas is a slap in the face to Arkansas moreso though than just showing up to play. I would have not trouble with a player we signed getting booed IF he was from Kentucky and was wearing a Hog shirt in one of the high school gyms in their state. Heck in Kentucky they probably would do worse than simply Boo. Especially if his brother had played for them and was doing things that apparently he was doing.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jdunhog

He looks good in blue.  Barford and Macon will make him pay!!

Inhogswetrust

Get real.

I'd bet what he TRULY wanted to do was go straight to the NBA. That's true of all top 20 or so recruits but they can't, so they make "business" decisions.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HOGINTENNESSEE

jdunhog

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

pfrg999

Monk.... He's gone... Hope he makes it Big in NBA.. He wont be getting the royal Hog treatment when he comes home... Marcus well... just living on the coattails of his little bro..
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hogwop

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? I already said I'm not going to get on here and bash Malik, only he shouldn't be surprised by the outcome. It happens every year.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

PorkRinds

Yes there should.  He should be booed at every game, and the hogs called at every opportunity officer.

WooPig90

Get real.

Yeah because you can tell that from 1 picture..

jdunhog

I saw a tweet for a recent recruits mom who we were supposed to be 2nd in the battle for and she mentioned blow the hill in a tweet to Malik.  it doesn't sound like either one were interested in us at all.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jdunhog on November 20, 2015, 09:35:22 am
I saw a tweet for a recent recruits mom who we were supposed to be 2nd in the battle for and she mentioned blow the hill in a tweet to Malik.  it doesn't sound like either one were interested in us at all.

Whose mom?

hawgbawb

Come on homers. Give the kid a break. We get most of our recruits from out of state, too.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

jdunhog

Hogfly

Boo him all season everywhere he goes. Hope he has a horrible year.

hogwild6700

As a Conway (and Hog fan) resident- this disappoints if thats true. Can't say I'm surprised.

I'm as disappointed as anyone over his decision. Certainly-I can understand everyone's disappointment; but to "boo" someone who made a decision that he felt was in his best interest and not their own is pathetic.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogwild6700 on November 20, 2015, 09:50:14 am
As a Conway (and Hog fan) resident- this disappoints if thats true. Can't say I'm surprised.

I'm as disappointed as anyone over his decision. Certainly-I can understand everyone's disappointment; but to "boo" someone who made a decision that he felt was in his best interest and not their own is pathetic.
So....it disappoints you that a home team crowd would boo the star player for the other team?   THAT.....is pathetic.   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

grayhawg

That young man has the right to go to school wherever he pleases, and fans have the right to voice their displeasure by booing him everywhere he plays.

AND SHOULD!!!!!

cbhawg03

Quote from: grayhawg on November 20, 2015, 10:04:14 am
That young man has the right to go to school wherever he pleases, and fans have the right to voice their displeasure by booing him everywhere he plays.

AND SHOULD!!!!!

This.  He knows what kind of treatment he is going to get due to his decision and for you to think that he wouldn't get that kind of treatment for some reason is ..........................

Hogberry Snortcake

There's no backlash.  These are consequences, and fans at every game this season should do everything they can to disrupt his game.  What's more fun than cheering a hometown hero?  Booing the enemy, and he just gave them another reason to pour it on.  I think its great, and its silly that anybody thinks otherwise. 

He'll live and probably make himself and his brother millions.  He can handle some high school hazing.  If not, its not gonna get easier in the NBA.  Personal attacks online and individually, however, are a different matter. 

chiefhawg

alandise harris ‏@alandiseharris  5m5 minutes ago Takizawa Vil., Iwate
#FBF PROUD TO BE A ARKANSAS RAZORBACK! "show you what that hog all about"...
https://instagram.com/p/-UC28ITEEhLoDe_gWnr9tt7OPN2d_g__ifPO80/ ...

Blutoblutarsky

Blutoblutarsky

Hogberry Snortcake

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Hogwop on November 20, 2015, 05:31:00 am
The point was to address the 'backlash' towards Marcus. As if he's pulling the puppet strings 'forcing' his brother to do things.
I don't buy that. Malik did what HE wanted to do, and probably knew a long time ago.
I just find the narrative 'Malik wanted to commit to Ark but Marcus wouldn't let him' laughable. Doesn't make any sense to me.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: WooPig90 on November 20, 2015, 09:30:57 am
Yeah because you can tell that from 1 picture..
Yea, but the picture simply reinforces what I already reject: that Marcus overruled his brother.
Several things led me to that conclusion. Long before this picture.
Does Malik look like someone who's being 'forced' into something?

I do buy the narrative that's out there that the intent all along was to string this out until spring, knowing all along where he was going, to NOT have to deal with upset fans and possibly help Marcus's promotion business. That is the likely scenario. Except Cal forced his hand and wanted a commitment now.

Woo Pig25

Get real.
What else is he supposed to wear after signing with Kentucky if it was his decision or not? A Razorback shirt?

PorkRinds

Garbage.  I hope they booed him after every one of his 34 points.

pfrg999

I'm just glad a state didnt think it's basketball fortunes rested on my shoulders at 17... Hell of alot of pressure...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

razorsharp94

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on November 20, 2015, 11:00:08 am
The point was to address the 'backlash' towards Marcus. As if he's pulling the puppet strings 'forcing' his brother to do things.
I don't buy that. Malik did what HE wanted to do, and probably knew a long time ago.
I just find the narrative 'Malik wanted to commit to Ark but Marcus wouldn't let him' laughable. Doesn't make any sense to me.

So what you are saying that more than one reporter has gone on record to say that's exactly what happened is wrong.  Look I get that people do not credit Arkansas media for much but I seriously doubt that both of them go on record with the same story and it not be true.  Also, there has been one reporter that has been saying for a long time that 2/3 of the Monk's were on board with him being a Hog.  Guess who the 1/3 of the Monk's was not on board.  How bout what Macon tweeted.  Whether you buy it or not that's probably what happened.

Wildhog

As a Conway resident, I'm thrilled with this.  Screw the Monk ilk.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawginbigd1

Seriously? How are you still breathing? I guess the area of your brain that regulates body functions still works.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgbawb on November 20, 2015, 09:39:09 am
Come on homers. Give the kid a break. We get most of our recruits from out of state, too.

How do you think KY fans would react to a top recruit from KY be treated like a King only to have that recruit announce he's going to Arkansas and THEN show up at a high school onside that state with a Hog shirt on..................

DOGALUM

Is this a serious post?   Are you worried that someone will get their feelings hurt?   Toughen the hell up.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

intelligence

Quote from: DOGALUM on November 20, 2015, 03:51:05 pm
Is this a serious post?   Are you worried that someone will get their feelings hurt?   Toughen the hell up.

I think he just means to get over it.

hawgbawb

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 20, 2015, 03:20:20 pm
How do you think KY fans would react to a top recruit from KY be treated like a King only to have that recruit announce he's going to Arkansas and THEN show up at a high school onside that state with a Hog shirt on..................
And how do you think you would react to that?  You'd call them crybabies.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

TomasPistola

I would have respected those people a hell of a lot more if they'd drove their asses up to Fayetteville and called the hogs there.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Woo Pig25 on November 20, 2015, 11:08:24 am
What else is he supposed to wear after signing with Kentucky if it was his decision or not? A Razorback shirt?
Well, he could show up at a Razorback game AFTER committing to Kentucky, like Archie Goodwin did.   Ha

Goodwin---either clueless or courageous. Mostly clueless. Tone deaf.

These kids got one thing on their mind; $$$$$. I think they're oblivious how Hog fans live and die with the Hogs.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: razorsharp94 on November 20, 2015, 01:09:40 pm
So what you are saying that more than one reporter has gone on record to say that's exactly what happened is wrong.  Look I get that people do not credit Arkansas media for much but I seriously doubt that both of them go on record with the same story and it not be true.  Also, there has been one reporter that has been saying for a long time that 2/3 of the Monk's were on board with him being a Hog.  Guess who the 1/3 of the Monk's was not on board.  How bout what Macon tweeted.  Whether you buy it or not that's probably what happened.
I have zero inside sources, so you may be right.
I'm just putting all the pieces together and coming to a conclusion.
Even the scenario you just laid out doesn't compute to me either.
The scenario implies Malik and Mama vote Hogs, and Marcus voted UK....so Marcus is outvoted, yet somehow Malik and Mama capitulate to Marcus's point of view. Huh? Makes no sense.
That doesn't even address that Malik holds all cards; his 'vote' counts more than anybody's, as he's the one signing the paper, it's his life, and his career.
I was there Saturday on Malik's official visit; I saw Mama wearing her Razorback red. Ok, probably meaningless, I get that, you're going to wear school colors visiting that school, being nice and all that. But on the other hand, how do I know that isn't exactly what she wanted to wear? After all, her other son had been a Hog.

kodiakisland

I've got no problem with a kid going where ever he wants to go.  This is America, right?  He should be able to go where ever he wants.  It's his life, not any of ours.

What I don't like is when a kid tries to hold the state hostage and get as much from them as he can before leaving.  It sounds like he has been committed to KY all along and KY made him finally go public.  Much like some of the FB players recently who have left, the way in which they have done it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

jdunhog

We held that spot for him when we might have been able to get another good one.  He did hold us hostage. he seems excited wth his college choice.  if I was him I would wear ear plugs!!!