Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches not named Nolan Richardson.

Started by oldbooniehog, March 17, 2018, 06:36:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbooniehog

Stan Heath took the Hogs to 2 NCAA tournaments.

Mike Anderson has taken them to 3 NCAA tournaments, but has been here quite a bit longer than Heath was.

John Pelphrey won 1 NCAA tournament game at Arkansas.

Mike Anderson, who has been at Arkansas a lot longer than Pelphrey, has won 2 NCAA tournament games.

You could easily argue that Pelphrey's NCAA tournament team and win should have been Heath's 3rd trip to the tournament, too.

Quite interesting numbers, if you ask me

bvillepig

Where is Heath now.  Any one without an agenda knows there is no comparison with the records of Anderson Pelphrey and Heath . Not even close unless you pick out a few games to fit an agenda. The program is way ahead of where it was and headed for even better years.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: bvillepig on March 17, 2018, 06:50:55 pm
Where is Heath now.  Any one without an agenda knows there is no comparison with the records of Anderson Pelphrey and Heath . Not even close unless you pick out a few games to fit an agenda. The program is way ahead of where it was and headed for even better years.

This.  Even Dana Altman's brief success at Oregon doesn't really compare.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Fan701

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 17, 2018, 07:20:38 pm
This.  Even Dana Altman's brief success at Oregon doesn't really compare.
Totally agree with you that it's ridiculous to compare Heath and Pelphrey to MA.  Overall MA has done much better by almost any measurement.  But I'm not sure I'll go along with you on Dana Altman.  I think we missed out big losing him.  He's done a great job at Oregon.  We could have avoided the Pelphrey disaster with him.

HiggiePiggy

Those 2 coaches equaled 2 winning seasons in the sec in 9 years. While Anderson has had only 1 losing season in the sec in 7 years( his first year).

He is a much bigger upgrade than the other 2 that were here. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HiggiePiggy

This year was disappointing, but it isn't to the point of firing him now.  So we will see what happens next year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

GoHogs1091

John Pelphrey still has a better win in the NCAAT than Anderson.

Pelphrey's win against Indiana is better than beating Wofford and Seton Hall.

Hog_Fink

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 17, 2018, 08:25:57 pm
John Pelphrey still has a better win in the NCAAT than Anderson.

Pelphrey's win against Indiana is better than beating Wofford and Seton Hall.

Indiana was a dumpster fire & Eric Gordon had one foot out the door at that point

daprospecta

Quote from: galactivation on March 17, 2018, 08:53:51 pm
Indiana was a dumpster fire & Eric Gordon had one foot out the door at that point
He purposely left that out because it didn't fit his agenda.