Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking: FOX SPORTS reporting Cueto to Kansas City

Started by popcornhog, July 26, 2015, 11:01:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

No links yet. Just heard it on the radio. No other details.

Neither Royals not Reds have confirmed.
WPS

ucahogfan

The Reds are getting three young LHPs in return.  Brandon Finnegan was the Royals 1st round pick last year and was on their WS roster and was a top 100 prospect before graduating out of the minors.  He can run his fastball into the mid to high 90s with a plus slider.  John Lamb was a 5th round pick in 2008, but had TJ in 2012 and is just now fully recovering.  He had been called up to the big league club on July 19 and was in the Royals midseason top 10 according to BA.  Cody Reed was the Royals 2nd round pick in 2013.  He sits 90-94 and can run his fastball up to 96, but the rest of his stuff is behind his fastball.  He was in the 20s in the KC prospect list according to MLB.com.

This trade should provide a good indication of what the headlining pitchers will bring back.  Although, Price is really the only other pitcher who is an upcoming FA that is on Cueto's level and could be sold.  Hamels will get a bigger haul since he isn't just a rental.

popcornhog

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 26, 2015, 02:29:37 pm
The Reds are getting three young LHPs in return.  Brandon Finnegan was the Royals 1st round pick last year and was on their WS roster and was a top 100 prospect before graduating out of the minors.  He can run his fastball into the mid to high 90s with a plus slider.  John Lamb was a 5th round pick in 2008, but had TJ in 2012 and is just now fully recovering.  He had been called up to the big league club on July 19 and was in the Royals midseason top 10 according to BA.  Cody Reed was the Royals 2nd round pick in 2013.  He sits 90-94 and can run his fastball up to 96, but the rest of his stuff is behind his fastball.  He was in the 20s in the KC prospect list according to MLB.com.

This trade should provide a good indication of what the headlining pitchers will bring back.  Although, Price is really the only other pitcher who is an upcoming FA that is on Cueto's level and could be sold.  Hamels will get a bigger haul since he isn't just a rental.

Finnegan was at TCU, just two years ago.
WPS

ucahogfan

Quote from: popcornhog on July 26, 2015, 05:55:14 pm
Finnegan was at TCU, just two years ago.
Went winless as a sophomore because TCU's offense was that bad.  Was also the first player to play in Omaha at the CWS and in the MLB WS in the same year.

It was a solid return for the Reds, but the Royals also got to hold onto a lot of their top guys.

ChicoHog

Royals are going for it now and they probably should as they are the class of the AL central and could make another WS run easily.  Cueto may turn out to be an expensive rental with all the talent KC gave to Cincy but I can see why they did it.  They need starting pitching now. 

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 26, 2015, 11:40:07 pm
Royals are going for it now and they probably should as they are the class of the AL central and could make another WS run easily.  Cueto may turn out to be an expensive rental with all the talent KC gave to Cincy but I can see why they did it.  They need starting pitching now.

Even if he is an expensive rental, it's a move to win a WS, which is the right move.
WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on July 27, 2015, 08:26:42 am
Even if he is an expensive rental, it's a move to win a WS, which is the right move.

They've got to do something to give that Pitching staff a bump for later in the season.  They have been playing with house money seemingly with injuries and what not.  Ventura finally came around this last game, hopefully Cueto can come in and give a freshness to the staff that can last come September and October.

ChicoHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 27, 2015, 12:36:42 am
I am torn. Love KC. Hate Cueto.
I'm not a KC fan nor an American League fan.  last year I rooted for them hard in the WS however as a Giants hater.  They are a fun team to watch and I will root for them again to make the series although I am not a Cueto fan either.   

dhornjr1

As if I didn't hate the Royals enough already. Now, I can add that spike flashing biotch to my Don Denkinger dart board.

pigture perfect

I love the move they made to get Ben Zobrist today. I think he has the right attitude and skill to be a perfect addition to the Royals. Even as a Cards First type fan, I was fist pumping this move.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"