Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All-Stars hit the hardwood: Anderson, UA signee Sanchez come to West’s rescue

Started by Tomhog™, June 22, 2007, 08:36:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

Sanchez held his own last night.  Sounds like we will really miss out on not getting Anderson.  I bet Pel would have signed him if he was coach at the time...

mbgrulz

anderson is better than brewer ever thought about being, and i am a huge brewer fan.

JA will be a high draft pick someday...someday REALLY SOON.

jhudson84

Nate R. and Britt had 8 points apiece.  Said JA had a game high 5 assists so I hope Britt wasnt too far behind.  Wonder what was holding Nate back.

mbgrulz

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 22, 2007, 08:49:04 am
Nate R. and Britt had 8 points apiece.  Said JA had a game high 5 assists so I hope Britt wasnt too far behind.  Wonder what was holding Nate back.
he played on the 3rd string. it looked like each coach had 1 group of players. i imagine that they probably had a "draft" and the top three players were split up. anderson was on the 1st team, Sanchez on the 2nd, and NR on the 3rd.

i thought playing down there would really let him stand out, but i think A.) he didn't have a whole lot of guys to take the pressure off of him. and B.) his defender was in full denial, even face guarding him at times.

britt looked good, but not great. that means absolutely nothing though. all-star games can make some players look good, and also really detract from other players games.

djgaffer

I will start this by saying I look forward to Sanchez, Britt, and Rakestraw coming to the hill.  I've seen Sanchez and Rakestraw on multiple occasions.  Last night was my first time to see Britt and Anderson.  I can say this without hesitation:  If I had to choose between the following:
Sanchez, Rakestraw, Britt
and
James Anderson, walk-on, walk-on

I would take the Anderson side of the deal every time.  He was without question the best player on the floor last night.

badbrad

britt, sanchez, and rakestraw are all good players......... but anderson is a GREAT player........ and i also agree that coach pelphrey would have signed him........

jhudson84

I dont know if it mattered who the coach was James seemed destined to leave regardless.

jackflash

I hope James has a great career, he had a chance to be a Razorback chose not too. so for me having Britt, Sanchez and  Rakestraw are more important because they can win for us not Anderson