Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Parenting

Started by hawg1221, February 07, 2018, 02:27:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

TNRazorbacker

Hey how would you feel if you lost all that Alabama bag money because your kid wouldn't cooperate. I'd be pissed too.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

So much sadness for that country assed family... Too many stereotypes colliding on one screen. It almost seems like a damn Chappelle's Show skit...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawg1221

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 07, 2018, 02:41:33 pm
She is his Mom!

Oh! So she should decide where her soon to be 18 year old (adult) should go to college. Gotcha.

southeasthog

Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 07, 2018, 02:45:00 pm
Oh! So she should decide where her soon to be 18 year old (adult) should go to college. Gotcha.

It depends on if she supporting him with her money !

He surprised her and she reacted poorly!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hawg1221

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 07, 2018, 02:51:46 pm
It depends on if she supporting him with her money !

He surprised her and she reacted poorly!

Hmmm. I never thought about a top rated football recruit needing support from the mother. Good one.

jvanhorn

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on February 07, 2018, 02:40:44 pm
Hey how would you feel if you lost all that Alabama bag money because your kid wouldn’t cooperate. I’d be pissed too.

Yeah, like Alabama needs to pay kids to come there.  They get to pick and choose who they want, not the other way around.

Boarcephus

I feel sorry for young man just as I felt bad for AC when his mom pulled the same stunt. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

zebradynasty

I wish it had not played out on national TV but it looks to me the kid lied to his mother or mislead her. A lot we don't know about the situation and more importantly its not any our business! Family is family and in the end she did come back to support him.

hawg1221

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 07, 2018, 03:21:12 pm
I wish it had not played out on national TV but it looks to me the kid lied to his mother or mislead her. A lot we don't know about the situation and more importantly its not any our business! Family is family and in the end she did come back to support him.

If it wasn't on national TV, you would be correct sir.

GuvHog

That's almost as bad as what the father of a 4* player did to him some years back. The kid (his name escapes me) committed to Arkansas and really wanted to come to Fayetteville but his dad, who was a strict Mormon, flatly refused to sign his LOI nor would he allow the kid's mother to sign it unless the kid agreed to sign with BYU. The kid was highly upset and crying when he signed his BYU LOI.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Al Boarland

Quote from: jvanhorn on February 07, 2018, 02:56:32 pm
Yeah, like Alabama needs to pay kids to come there.  They get to pick and choose who they want, not the other way around.

Naive post is naive.

Tejano Jawg

Even though it should happen plenty, I'm not sure how you revoke a "parent card."
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hog Fan...DOH!

Maybe Momma didn't like the way things were handled at UF and is concerned. 

hogcam

She came back and gave him a big hug

hoglady

Ya'll are making judgments without any history of the situation.
Maybe she wants her son to get out of Florida due to bad influences in his life, a crazy girlfriend or problems with family members.
To judge her as a bad parent is really unfair.
It's too bad that played out in front of the whole world to see.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogindasticks

Yup, There is much more to this story than we know....guaranteed.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 07, 2018, 02:27:57 pm
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/3/19/14974870/jacob-copeland-recruit-florida-tennessee-mom-ceremony

Parents who act like this need to grow up. They shouldn't be parents. Every year this crap happens.
Kinda remind anyone of some of the drama we saw when Collins signed with us? Mama wouldn't sign his letter; dad finally stepped in to save the day.

Hog N Bama

Hey how would you feel if you lost all that Alabama bag money because your kid wouldn't cooperate. I'd be pissed too.
LMAO!! +1 Perhaps she thought she was going to get to drive a shiny new Dodge Challenger on weekends

Hogindasticks

From both of the women having shirts on that said Alabama...I wonder if he may have lied to them about who he was going to pick.  I think this may have been the issue.

cardinalandwhite

On the biggest day of her son's life it still has to be all about mom. You have to feel for kids in this situation.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

oldman1015

You poor thing. Hopefully you get smarter with age.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

hoglady

You just never know what is going on behind the scenes.
Just like Landon Collins Mom being upset when he chose Bama over LSU - she was upset because they had a family goal of both sons playing at LSU together and she was pissed that Saban had offered Landon's girlfriend a job in the athletic office.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hoglady on February 07, 2018, 09:41:07 pm
You just never know what is going on behind the scenes.
Just like Landon Collins Mom being upset when he chose Bama over LSU - she was upset because they had a family goal of both sons playing at LSU together and she was pissed that Saban had offered Landon's girlfriend a job in the athletic office.
Good ole St Nick is in the people heppin business. Such a nice fellow. Nothing to see here...carry on.

3kgthog

I'll bet you a Dodge Challenger they don't just choose who they want and the kid automatically signs.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: GuvHog on February 07, 2018, 03:37:18 pm
That's almost as bad as what the father of a 4* player did to him some years back. The kid (his name escapes me) committed to Arkansas and really wanted to come to Fayetteville but his dad, who was a strict Mormon, flatly refused to sign his LOI nor would he allow the kid's mother to sign it unless the kid agreed to sign with BYU. The kid was highly upset and crying when he signed his BYU LOI.

Don't remember that in the 15 years I've been following recruiting. Must've been more than "some years back."

jbcarol

Wes Rucker
‏Verified account @wesrucker247
10h10 hours ago

I still think Jacob Copeland's mama wearing #Vols and Bama gear at the same time is weirder than her storming out when he picked Florida.

She might be the first person in history to wear Vols and Bama gear at the same time.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

How do you know Florida isn't going to pay more but that it all has to go to the player and none to Mom. Maybe that's why she was pissed. Could be Florida offered a Camaro and Bama offered a Mustang and she has always driven a Ford.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on February 08, 2018, 05:52:11 am
Wes Rucker
‏Verified account @wesrucker247
10h10 hours ago

I still think Jacob Copeland's mama wearing #Vols and Bama gear at the same time is weirder than her storming out when he picked Florida.

She might be the first person in history to wear Vols and Bama gear at the same time.

Bingo. I said something to my wife about that!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

Word is it was staged to get more media time.

Hog N Bama

Hmmmm were those teeth 14k? 24k? Was there also an offer from Ole Miss?

Hell, Hottie likely offered the kid and Hootie doesn't even have a school to represent himself.  Wierd thing here is the dumb assed signing ceremony anyway.  But if you got to have the attention, looks like you and Mom could have been on the same page.  If this WR cannot pick up on the play called with just Mom involved, whats he gonna do on the field, run a curl when the fly pattern is called.  And yeah, I know none of you under 30 years old knows what either play is but I wouldn't know what X2R,ZWL, 1Y is either.

djgaffer

I guess I'm the only one who thinks this might have been staged.  Noone looks surprised in the picture.  They barely look up when she leaves. 
She's got a Bama sweater and a UT hat?  Anyway, color me skeptical.  They've gotten a lot of press out of it. 

Hog N Bama

Well, the TN hat and the Bama sweater combo screams fake news so yeah I buy it was staged

kennypig

I hope the kid does well and graduates. Not necessarily plays well if we ever play Florida, but I hope the best for him.