Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheap Flight information please,

Started by 1highhog, April 11, 2017, 09:45:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Guys, I need to make a flight to Manhattan Kansas tomorrow or Thursday at the latest of this week from either Little Rock or somewhere close to central Arkansas.  I hear of people getting these great airfare deals at the last minute but I can't ever find them, do y'all ever have any luck?  I found one that was cheap enough, but it wasn't going there until April 27th, for $199.00.  I need one right now.

Boog41

From looking at the airport website, it appears American Airlines is the only airline that serves Manhatten, KS.

So, looking at AA.com appears to be your only option. Have you looked at flying into Kansas City and driving?

sowmonella

Quote from: Boog41 on April 12, 2017, 11:43:06 am
From looking at the airport website, it appears American Airlines is the only airline that serves Manhatten, KS.

So, looking at AA.com appears to be your only option. Have you looked at flying into Kansas City and driving?

It's only a 2 hour drive. I would consider if possible.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

1highhog

Quote from: Boog41 on April 12, 2017, 11:43:06 am

Well, I was going to Manhattan to buy a truck.  So if I flew to Kansas City and then rented a vehicle, I'd have the problem of returning the rented vehicle.  I was needing a one way flight into Manhattan, because I was driving the truck back home.  I apologize for not stating that in my opening post.

Boog41

April 13, 2017, 07:00:46 am #4 Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:49:18 am by Boog41
You could do a one way car rental from the KC airport to the local Hertz/Avis/etc in Mahatten.

Or, cheaper yet... rent a car in LR and make the seven hour drive.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: 1highhog on April 13, 2017, 04:43:32 am
Well, I was going to Manhattan to buy a truck.  So if I flew to Kansas City and then rented a vehicle, I'd have the problem of returning the rented vehicle.  I was needing a one way flight into Manhattan, because I was driving the truck back home.  I apologize for not stating that in my opening post.

Uber is your friend..  (seriously)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

1highhog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 13, 2017, 08:16:43 am

I never have thought about Uber, I'll have to find out what they would charge for a 2 hour drive.

nationwish

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 13, 2017, 08:16:43 am

On a flight last week, a woman next to me took an Uber from Milwaukee to Chicago because her flight there had been cancelled. It was about a two hour drive.

bigyellowdog

When I was stationed at Ft Riley, Kansas, I took the roadrunner shuttle to KCI.  They will pick you up and take you to wherever you need to go.   It is around a 2 hour ride.   Reasonably priced and excellent service.

http://kciroadrunner.com/

1highhog

1highhog

Quote from: nationwish on April 13, 2017, 03:07:42 pm
On a flight last week, a woman next to me took an Uber from Milwaukee to Chicago because her flight there had been cancelled. It was about a two hour drive.

I bet that was a high priced Uber ride.

1highhog

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 28, 2017, 10:35:25 pm
1highhog,

How did this turn out?  What did you decide to do? 

I'm curious because I may have a reason to turn to Uber myself for some upcoming needs. 

I got into contact with Hot Springs Airport, I have a few acquaintances that fly so they told me to inquire there and see if they knew of any pilots that flew near there, I was able to hitch a ride 9 days from my original time I wanted to go and it cost me $300 one way.  The pilot I hitched with was flying to Topeka Kansas.