Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you ARE going to call out your offensive line…here's how

Started by Tejano Jawg, October 24, 2016, 04:48:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Sorry, this comes from the NFL and the Vikings' coach Mike Zimmer. Think he's pissed? Here are some select words and phrases.

"Embarrassing."

"We got the quarterback hit, we need two inches and we can't convert on third down or fourth down, we got three shots in the red zone in the first half..."

"Our o-line got whipped"...gave up six sacks and a dozen quarterback hits.

"We didn't block anybody."

"We were SOFT. We got overpowered."

"We need to do a better job. We're not going to go down the street and pick up a bunch of guys. We need to get these guys better and we need to do it quickly. I'm disappointed that we allowed that to happen today."

Any of this sound familiar? I know Bielema's style isn't to call out guys in the press, but surely he would be as direct as this behind closed doors. Unless he thinks everything is rosy.

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HiggiePiggy

There is a difference when calling out professional players making millions a year to do their job.

The Oline does need to be held accountable in college, but in college usually the coach isn't going to call any players out that could lead to possibly hurting their confidence and have them perform poorly more often.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

husker71

or it could fire them up     When I was playing basketball in college our coach got mad and pulled us all out at once (NOT in the good North Carolina) way and did not put us back in.  I still remember that game over 40 years ago    we still talk about it at reunions    You guys remember HOF Bob Brown    well one day before practice Bob Devaney put a tennis racket in his locker and then told him he should maybe take up tennis   He was laughing about that years later

HiggiePiggy

I'm not talking about talking to them in private. I'm talking about when they do it publicly. Some kids react differently. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

RebelliousHog

I agree, you can't call out college kids publicly.

I would bet their ear holes are getting filled in practice and meetings.   
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci