Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

San Diego Chargers

Started by hawgrunner, December 21, 2008, 02:44:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgrunner

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on December 21, 2009, 08:55:42 am
GO BOLTS!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep it going!!! Don't let up!

That's what I'm hoping for!!

kimjongsqUeAl

December 25, 2009, 10:47:05 pm #101 Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:50:03 pm by kim_jong_sqUeAl
Merry Christmas Bolt fans!!!

SD - 42
TN - 17

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!  Beat the Redskins!!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Albert Einswine

I so hope it works out that the Chargers knock the Colts out of the playoffs again this year!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hawgrunner

hawgrunner

Tac on another Win for the Bolts!!

40MINSOFHELL

This is the year MY COLTS will defeat the chargers... GO COLTS....

hawgrunner

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 25, 2009, 11:31:00 pm
I so hope it works out that the Chargers knock the Colts out of the playoffs again this year!

Ditto!

hawgrunner

HiggiePiggy

Thats a way to not show up at home.

Better luck next year
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hog.goblin

Quote from: rock642 on January 17, 2010, 10:08:02 pm
May be next year...

Not with Norm as your coach...he can't win big games.

DeltaBoy

Bolts like Dallas laid an Egg.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Albert Einswine

Dallas got beat by a superior team.  The Bolts underperformed.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hawgrunner

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=11844209
Quote"Chargers sign Turner to 3-year contract extension"

From one of our local stations.

hogfan1111x

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 19, 2010, 11:12:35 am
Dallas got beat by a superior team.  The Bolts underperformed.
I agree, plus Ill add that dallas sucks, and i hope they never field another team, let alone win.... that said , as a broncos fan (whhyyyyyyy???)   Ive come to expect them making [CENSORED] of the donkeys every year when it counts, and im royally  upset with SD  not playing against a clearly inferior team.... come on Bolts!

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

hawgrunner

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12025250

QuoteSAN DIEGO (AP) — The slashing, dazzling runs came less frequently. The yards didn't pile up as easily as in previous seasons.

LaDainian Tomlinson was slowing down because of injuries and age, becoming less and less the face of the franchise as his role was reduced in a pass-happy offense.

On Monday, he was released by the San Diego Chargers, a franchise he helped revive with a brilliant nine-year run in which he became one of the NFL's greatest running backs.

The move had been expected for some time. Tomlinson, one of the most beloved athletes in San Diego sports history, got the word in a meeting with team president Dean Spanos.

hawgrunner

Monday Night Football against the Chiefs.

Go Bolts!!

hawgrunner

Nice win today over jaguars

kimjongsqUeAl

AZ looked like the Cardinals of old.  I thought they were gonna give us a run for our $$$.

Bolts - 41
Cards -10
- Thomas Jefferson

- God

cosmodrum

I'm a Chiefs fan, and I hate the Chargers, but they will win the West. They're the best team in that division. If it didn't rain on MNF, they would've beaten us in Arrowhead by a couple TDs. We're fakers, you guys always start slow. The Chiefs will win around 8 games, and SD will win 10-11. It sucks, but we have bad QB. We have a good enough D now and a good running game, but we're still an average/slightly above-average NFL team.

Oh well, at least the Raiders still suck. That always makes me happy.
Go away, batin'

hawgrunner

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on October 05, 2010, 09:23:34 am
AZ looked like the Cardinals of old.  I thought they were gonna give us a run for our $$$.

Bolts - 41
Cards -10

That was nice, too bad the game was blacked out here in town. It's a pain for local business too.
http://www.sdentertainer.com/lifestyle/sports/chargers-game-blacked-out-nfl-local-bars/

hog.goblin

Quote from: rock642 on October 05, 2010, 11:14:42 pm
That was nice, too bad the game was blacked out here in town. It's a pain for local business too.
http://www.sdentertainer.com/lifestyle/sports/chargers-game-blacked-out-nfl-local-bars/

well get off your tail and go get tickets to the game!!!

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 08, 2010, 03:08:20 pm
well get off your tail and go get tickets to the game!!!

I wish I had the $$ to go to every game.  ;)

hog.goblin

Turn off your cable TV...Chargers won't be on anyway.  Use savings to buy tickets.  :)

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 09, 2010, 11:47:32 am
Turn off your cable TV...Chargers won't be on anyway.  Use savings to buy tickets:)

Funny!

hawgrunner

Junior Seau Arrested, Drives Off Cliff

http://www.10news.com/news/25428282/detail.html

QuoteFormer Chargers Linebacker Junior Seau Arrested On Domestic Violence Charge

hog.goblin

Quote from: rock642 on October 18, 2010, 01:52:07 pm
Junior Seau Arrested, Drives Off Cliff

http://www.10news.com/news/25428282/detail.html

Watching the Chargers this weekend would have caused me to do the same thing...

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 19, 2010, 11:58:45 pm
Watching the Chargers this weekend would have caused me to do the same thing...

Driving off the cliff?

Because I know your not into "felony spousal assault"

hog.goblin

Yes, was referring to the driving off of cliffs, that's more my thing than wife beating

tiber

I've been on a fire-Norv kick ever since the guy showed up, but he's really just a by-product of the real problem -

AJ Smith needing a weak yes-man for a coach to help feed his own ginormous ego.

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 22, 2010, 09:04:01 am
Yes, was referring to the driving off of cliffs, that's more my thing than wife beating

I'm sure the wife is happy about that.

hawgrunner

cosmodrum

Warms the heart. Go Chiefs! :)
Go away, batin'

hog.goblin

New coaches, same results. Big lead (28 - 7) and then they choked the game away in the 4th quarter.  There was one bad call that cost the chargers 4 pts but I'm sure they would have found another way to lose it.

cosmodrum

This is what happens when you can Marty after a 14-2 season.
Go away, batin'

hog.goblin

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 12, 2013, 12:36:26 pm
This is what happens when you can Marty after a 14-2 season.

Truth; dumbest move in the history of football (that I can think of right now)

cosmodrum

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 12, 2013, 01:46:22 pm
Truth; dumbest move in the history of football (that I can think of right now)

Well, Marty had the "can't win the big game" stigma, but you don't replace a proven winner that just went 14-2 with Norv.
Go away, batin'

Scrambled Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 12, 2013, 01:55:10 pm
Well, Marty had the "can't win the big game" stigma, but you don't replace a proven winner that just went 14-2 with Norv.

Marty could at least GET to a big game... something that gradually became unrealistic as Norv-ball completely settled in.

I don't know if this new guy is going to get it done, but in his defense the culture in San Diego is not healthy at this point... too many years of Norv and AJ Smith... and ultimately Spanos who created that environment.

Ownership ultimately sets the tone. 

Anderson

Quote from: Scrambled Hog on September 12, 2013, 05:11:13 pm
Marty could at least GET to a big game... something that gradually became unrealistic as Norv-ball completely settled in.

I don't know if this new guy is going to get it done, but in his defense the culture in San Diego is not healthy at this point... too many years of Norv and AJ Smith... and ultimately Spanos who created that environment.

Ownership ultimately sets the tone.

I just realized I have no earthly idea who San Diego's head coach is..

SteveInArk

Chargers are getting it done in Philly right now.  3rd quarter and up 20-10.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

hog.goblin

Quote from: SteveInArk on September 15, 2013, 01:58:57 pm
Chargers are getting it done in Philly right now.  3rd quarter and up 20-10.

More importantly they didn't blow it, though they tried to

hawgrunner

They play too conservative to beat out the Broncos today.

hawgrunner

Another lost by the Bolts...

hog.goblin

What would you expect against the mighty fins?!

hawgrunner

I thought there was a chance.

hawgrunner

hog.goblin

Dr. Starcs

Where'd all those chiefs fans go from two weeks ago?

Hahahahaha

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 24, 2013, 04:05:21 pm
Where'd all those chiefs fans go from two weeks ago?

Hahahahaha

Right here, sitting at 9-2. When the two best pass rushers in the league went out, that whiny bish Rivers had all day to throw the ball.

Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'