Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky v. Wofford 1:40 PM CDT CBS '19 NCAA-T 2nd Round

Started by jbcarol, March 23, 2019, 09:45:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Should Kentucky fear Wofford? Rick Bozich asked Scott Padgett, who knows the Terriers well.

QuoteJACKSONVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) — Scott Padgett is one of the most insightful, interesting, funny and analytical University of Kentucky basketball players I've known in nearly four decades of writing about the Wildcats.

He can talk history, strategy, personalities, talent, motivation, the works. Padgett can give you two hours on why his 1998 UK team won the national championship as well as 90 minutes on what it takes to succeed in the NBA or mid-major college basketball.

But for this question, The Question for Kentucky basketball fans, I started my conversation with Padgett by limiting him to a one-word answer.

Should Kentucky be concerned by this Wofford team that the Wildcats will pay Saturday at 2:40 p.m. in the second round of the NCAA Tournament Midwest Regional at Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena?

"Yes," Padgett said.

There was no hesitation...

"Yes," Padgett said. "I would be concerned.

"Now, let me say that if Kentucky comes out and respects Wofford as a team, takes it seriously and doesn't look at their name and think they're some mid-major they're just going to roll, Kentucky should win the game. If they treat it the way the way coach (John) Calipari will tell them to treat it, they'll be fine.

"But if they just show up, this isn't some team they're just going to roll. They've prepared and scheduled for this opportunity for several years. Wofford is a damn good team."

Rich Bozich and Helen
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Wofford is +5 with smart money coming in after an opening line of +6.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hawkhawg

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Wofford fouls Travis with :1.2 on the spin move in the lane.

jbcarol

Reid Travis is playing in his second NCAA Tournament game.

Played at Stanford.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Coach Cal: This game of basketball ... if you choose never to pass to anybody, it is really hard.

HamIAm

I heard that one.  I normally could care less what Cal has to say, but he hit the nail on the head there.

jbcarol

Tyler Herro asked Kentucky coach John Calipari for the job of guarding Wofford's Fletcher Magee -- and then played the kind of defense that would make Josh Allen proud.

QuoteJACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WDRB) — If you were making a list of the most fearsome defensive players on this University of Kentucky basketball team, where would you rank Tyler Herro?

Page Two?

In the footnotes, behind Ashton Hagans, PJ Washington and Reid Travis?

Nobody has ever called Tyler Herro the Josh Allen of this Kentucky basketball team.

Saturday, as Kentucky defeated Wofford College, 62-56, everything changed.

Saturday, Fletcher Magee, a guy who made 140 three-point shots this season for Wofford, made none in 12 attempts against Kentucky.

Credit Herro. He asked to guard Magee — and then guarded him better than he has ever been defended.

"That's just Tyler," Hagans said. "He's confident in his game."

Magee made nearly 42 percent of his three-point shots this season. If he made his average, Wofford advanced to the Sweet Sixteen.

jbcarol

Matt Jones@KySportsRadio
4h4 hours ago

On Jim Rome Show, John Calipari says PJ Washington did not practice today but he is moving around

Said his status is "Day to Day"

Had been seen jumping up and down during the game in his boot.