Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIGNING DAY updates

Started by bighog2255, February 07, 2018, 07:32:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Airforcehawg on February 07, 2018, 11:14:01 am
Gerald...you cant pass up an elite pass rusher. Getting pressure on the QB sets the tone for a defense.
I think I lean that way but 2 years vs. 3-4 from a very good LB prospect is difficult

redleg

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 07, 2018, 09:45:49 am
Why the mad face? The SEC got a good player.
Really?! The SEC?! Really?!!! I don't give a pig's @ss about the rest of the SEC! All that is is the rich getting richer. Bama has plenty of highly rated players. How does Moody going to an SEC West rival help Arkansas?!
The SEC got a good player. HA! Moronic statement.  >:(
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

UofA_Hogs

Wish we would get Parker and Foucha on the arkansasrazorbacks.com website to confirm those faxes have been received.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on February 07, 2018, 11:18:40 am
It's been a couple of signing days since we won some recruiting battles on the actual signing day hasn't it?
Unless you don't consider Calloway a signing day win?

Warrior Way 22

Quote from: RazorbackDJT on February 07, 2018, 11:14:57 am
Why is Gerald signing on Friday?
Not sure on the reason why he is doing it, but the reason he is ABLE to do it is because he's a JUCO transfer.
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

Dwight_K_Shrute

Wait I thought all the droopies were saying we would not get Parker.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Airforcehawg on February 07, 2018, 11:14:01 am
Gerald...you cant pass up an elite pass rusher. Getting pressure on the QB sets the tone for a defense.

Difficult call when Gerald is a JUCO transfer.  If he was out of HS like Wilson, then it's definitely a no-brainer.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Warrior Way 22

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 07, 2018, 11:21:24 am
Wait I thought all the droopies were saying we would not get Parker.
Guilty...although I did say I was basing my statement off of other posts that I've read. Either way, I said it and I own it. Glad I was wrong.
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 07, 2018, 11:20:48 am
Unless you don't consider Calloway a signing day win?
oh yeah, sorry

Fan1958

Quote from: redleg on February 07, 2018, 11:20:07 am
Really?! The SEC?! Really?!!! I don't give a pig's @ss about the rest of the SEC! All that is is the rich getting richer. Bama has plenty of highly rated players. How does Moody going to an SEC West rival help Arkansas?!

This site is full of gullybulls and you are one of them.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

rljjr

So on Brule' ... who's it gonna be?

Pig in the Pokey

i normally would agree with you but that kid was an arkansas back up option and we signed the 1st guy. Also, he's the lowest rated Bama commit, so, in THIS case, Great Job, guy! #handicappedthem
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Fan1958

Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

Redhogs

Don't get so worked up..he's pure troll. ;D ;D
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

AugustaHog

So the only drama left for us will be Brule coming up and Gerald on Friday?  If we were somehow able to land both of those guys, our staff would have really done an awesome job. 

hawginbigd1

Next question does Parker affect Brule'?

masbas3

Does anyone know if and when Coach Morris will announce all of our new guys and will it be televised?

steveaustin69

jgphillips3

Quote from: masbas3 on February 07, 2018, 11:55:00 am
Does anyone know if and when Coach Morris will announce all of our new guys and will it be televised?

The revolution will not be televised...

kennyr71

Any links to watch Brule pick?

HawgCan

I am not down on this class and I understand that the number of recruits is killing our ranking.  But I have been watching the signing day shows on Espn and sec network and I have not seen any mention of thehogs so far.  Sucks to watch 3 hours and your team never even talked about!

ThisTeetsTaken

Not a bad class at all, really.  Addressed needs.  Some needs that have been neglected for some time.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

zerose

I like Brule's red and white tie.
Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.

rljjr

razobak

Brule to Miss State. Oh well.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

zerose

Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.

Tim Harris

rljjr

hawg1221

Regardless, I think it's been a fairly successful signing day. Could have been a lot worse.

ifghog

hated to lose this kid....will be a player. Oh well. Not a bad class considering the numbers of scholarships and timing.

HogInThaGrove

He does know that Dan Mullen left, right? 

Still have no idea why anyone would voluntarily choose to live in Starkville.  Especially when compared to Fayetteville.  Crazy talk.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HawgCan on February 07, 2018, 12:01:55 pm
I am not down on this class and I understand that the number of recruits is killing our ranking.  But I have been watching the signing day shows on Espn and sec network and I have not seen any mention of thehogs so far.  Sucks to watch 3 hours and your team never even talked about!

Most casual fans have to be reminded we are in the SEC.  We're that "Oh yeah, forgot about them" school.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

King Kong

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on February 07, 2018, 12:23:10 pm

I am so glad he is gone

Fan1958

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 07, 2018, 12:39:51 pm
Most casual fans have to be reminded we are in the SEC.  We're that "Oh yeah, forgot about them" school.

Kinda like the school domiciled in the Lonoke County seat. ;)

Hog N Bama

Still have no idea why anyone would voluntarily choose to live in Starkville.  Especially when compared to Fayetteville.  Crazy talk.
I guess the wind was blowing the smell away when he visited Stinkville :puke:

Fan1958

Looks like Morris recognizes defense is king.  8 of the 15 on the defensive side.

theFlyingHog

You got trolled

hawg1221

Okay, so how many do we have signed? ESPN saying 14. I see 15 commits before today, and with the signatures, I'm counting 16.

Hogindasticks

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: azhog10 on February 07, 2018, 10:57:19 am
Where was she when we gave Bert his extension.......smh
LOL..!  +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

It's a southern thang... You mid-westerners wouldn't understand. [/sarcasm]
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jst01

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on February 07, 2018, 10:25:04 am
https://twitter.com/CCSprep/status/961273276218728448

Looks like Foucha will sign with us. Huge!!

If you watch his interview, he said "I took a visit to Fayetteville and wasn't expecting anything really...but when I saw it for myself it opened my eyes.."   

They should play that clip to every out of state recruit from now on.

DeltaBoy

Yep he going to Ark woo pig
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I've lived in both, voluntarily, and if I was going to live in any SEC city other than Fayetteville it would be Starkville.  My wife is an MSU alum and I worked in Starkville for 9 years after graduating from the UofA.

Starkville as a whole may have more of a college town feel than Fayetteville because that's all there is.  It's more southern, and more welcoming.  That's not a knock on Fayetteville, just saying those are +'s for Starkville when comparing the two.  Fayetteville is more funky, and more metropolitan and of course offers more opportunities after graduation.  Starkville has great restaurants and a few bars/clubs.  Fayetteville has a better music scene but probably even on the food scene.

Starkville is also more accessible than Fayetteville for recruits living in LA, SE Arkansas, obviously MS, TN, AL, GA, and Florida. 

The athletic department at State has done a very good job cultivating a family culture for all it's sports and the coaches are all very supportive of each other.  Again not to say they are not at the UofA just more visible and vocal in Starkville.  They did a great job hiring Mullen, and seem to be following the same path with Moorehead.  They hit a home run with Vic Schaeffer and got a steal in Ben Howland.  Andy Canizaro hasn't missed a beat in baseball.  He actually spoke to the women's team before they beat SC on Monday.

Dismissing Starkville due to some outdated and misinformed opinion of the place is a tired lazy take.

(this message paid for by the Starkville-Oktibbeha Chamber of Commerce).
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

rljjr

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 07, 2018, 02:32:04 pm

Dismissing Starkville due to some outdated and misinformed opinion of the place is a tired lazy take.

The same goes for Arkansas as a whole, Fayetteville in particular, and the University specifically.

bighog2255

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hogindasticks on February 07, 2018, 01:44:57 pm
Had to go to a weaker conference.

Dan Mullen coached in the Southeastern CONFERENCE in 2017. He will still coach in the Southeastern CONFERENCE in 2018.

Christ, man.

jabberjawls

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 07, 2018, 12:20:06 pm
Regardless, I think it's been a fairly successful signing day. Could have been a lot worse.
Can you define "fairly successful"?  Does this mean "fairly unsuccessful", as well?

redleg

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 07, 2018, 11:56:19 am

ok, ok. I gotcha. But it read like a serious statement, so, well done. But I was correct when i called it moronic!  ;)
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.